Witcher Enhanced Edition- Out today, free patch on Friday

crystalklear64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
[quote name='The Witcher Community Site']If you live in North America… or perhaps you’re simply visiting your aunt who lives there, you should consider putting your clothes on (or not) and running as fast as you can to the nearest retail outlet in order to grab the brand new The Witcher: Enhanced Edition box off the shelf. Yeah, the ultimate version of The Witcher is finally here and it’s waiting for you!
Clear some room for all the goodies included with the game, like the D’jinni Adventure Editor and two new adventures, a Making-Of DVD, the Music Inspired by The Witcher CD and the official game soundtrack, not to mention an official game guide, the game manual (in a pdf file), a short story written by Andrzej Sapkowski and a map of The Witcher’s world. If you already own The Witcher, you will be able to get a downloadable version of the Enhanced Edition totally for free starting September 19. If you’re somehow able to resist getting your copy right now.[/quote]
http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/news/644.html

Enhanced edition of the Witcher came out today. For those of us who already have the original version, the free upgrade to this version will be available on Friday, the 19th.

I bought it from Steam.

It comes with everything the boxset does besides the short story and is 14.3 GB

The actual game data is 12.6GB, the making of videos are 1.18 GB (21 WMV), soundtracks are 188MB (seem to be V0 LAME MP3), 2 world maps in JPEG form, and the guide/manual in .PDF

Been talking about it here

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195341

looks like amazon won't ship it till EU gets theres rolling out on Sept 19th :(

Anyways I'll have it probably by Monday.

But I will have DQ4 though... soo... something to play over the weekend.

the download is huge, but yeah the patch is the best cost savings.

I heard they were going to release the bonus pack seperate sometime down in the year, so those with the game, just get the patch, can get the story and CDs later.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Holy shit.

14gb?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was really surprised when I saw that number.

You have to think though that's 1.18 GBs of behind the scenes video, the soundtracks, all of the other language soundtracks, etc.

Well it looks like you have to have a registered account to install the patch.

I don't have my disc or cd-key with me, but here's what I was able to do, and you can too if you have the ability to get your cd-key.

In your The Witcher folder, run the registration.exe file. This is the same thing as running "register" from your CD. You'll need to make an account at the Witcher website, so do it. For the cd-key, I was able to simply call my parent's house (since thats where my cd/key was) and have them read it off to me.

If for whatever reason you don't have a cd-key, tossed out the manual, came bundled with something and never had a cd-key in the first place, etc. you can contact Atari, and they will just give you one. They have been asking some people for the code printed around the edge of the center of the disc, so have that ready just in case.

My copy of the UK version shipped out yesterday, so I should have this game soon. I wonder when I'll play it... hmm... next week? Maybe the week after.

Got it earlier than anticipated and played the intro+first chapter today.

The redone voices are great. Mikul and Haren needed it badly. Also, some of the re-translated lines are better, like with the Dwarf outside the Inn-- I'm pretty sure he didn't respond with "Why do pricks go into cunts?" when you asked him why humans hate non-humans in the unpatched version...cause that's pretty memorable. :lol:

in case anyone's stressing about the manual, there's a pdf manual on the disc. also, it's all pretty well explained in the game, except a couple things. You can experiment with alchemy and don't have to make formula based potions. and ctrl+click is for autolooting. those are the only I can think of that they don't tell you.

I havent been able to register my game at all the registration process is broken and i still cant get any help.

i also bought the game months a go but had to stop playing cause i started working 7 x 12

[quote name='Jest']UK version has all the extra blood, tits, and stuff right? Where would be a good place to get it from?[/quote]

There are patches to remove it from existing copies as well.

GoGamer has it for the pricy some of $60. Please... go get your bloody tits there. :roll:

Haha. I heard in the US versions they took out some dialog too. The UK version I found on ebay for like $31 CAD shipped. Thats $20 cheaper than retail and $10 cheaper than the cheapest American places. I don't have time to play it but I'm going to buy it now incase the Canadian dollar keeps tanking.

[quote name='Jest']Haha. I heard in the US versions they took out some dialog too. The UK version I found on ebay for like $31 CAD shipped. Thats $20 cheaper than retail and $10 cheaper than the cheapest American places. I don't have time to play it but I'm going to buy it now incase the Canadian dollar keeps tanking.[/quote]

Well the dialog is STILL going to be chopped unless you know Finnish, since it was a TRANSLATION cut...

To tally...

If you speak english, you'll get less dialog, but that's a language issue.
You'll have sex cards that are modestly touched. (patch removes it)

I'm not sure about the finishing moves, they seemed fine when I played it.

bread's done
Back