CAG Punks Kotaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

CAGiversary!
I guess Cheapy and Wombat's challenge to CAG users to punk blog sites worked. Sorry if this was posted elsewhere but I consider this CAGcast related. Pretty funny comments in Kotaku and GAF concerning this.

http://kotaku.com/5052203/what-is-the-xbox-pure-[update]

Desz over on Cheap Ass Gamer recently posted a blurry snapshot of what appears to be an internal Microsoft memo dealing with an Xbox 360 name change.

The memo, seen above, appears to suggest that this particular, model I suppose, of the Xbox 360 was once codenamed Xbox Xbox Lean or Xbox Granite and that the final name should be Xbox Pure.
I'm also intrigued by the comment that "metal plates" have been disregarded. Judging by the codenames and final name, it seems to suggest that this would be a stripped down version of the Xbox 360. Could this be Microsoft's answer to Sony's slim line of consoles? Are we soon going to be seeing a new, thin 360 with only disc-based game support and no harddrive? I'm sure, if this rumor is true, we will be finding out in the next month.

XBOX's New Name? [Cheap Ass Gamer]

UPDATE: It appears that this rumor story could be CAG throwing their credibility out the window as part of a contest. Kotaku''s decision to run rumors is always based on the credibility of the site and the information contained within it. In the past CAG has proven to be a reliable site, having broken a number of stories through apt reporting. It appears that may no longer be the case.

Wow, when I saw this I couldn't believe it. I tried making a rumor which was pretty believeable but this guy even had a picture! Pretty awesome, also proving that Cheapy and Wombat are correct about their statements.

I also enjoy how they say that CAG's credibility has gone out the window when they are posting a fake rumor. Nice job

Those Kotaku guys are sure sensitive. At least Cheapy has the deceny to spell check before he posts anything.

Edit: Also, how does CAG lose credibility from this story? Wouldn't Kotaku lose credibility for not bothering to do even 30 seconds of fact checking before posting the story?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XTommyDonX']Wow, when I saw this I couldn't believe it. I tried making a rumor which was pretty believeable but this guy even had a picture! Pretty awesome, also proving that Cheapy and Wombat are correct about their statements.

I also enjoy how they say that CAG's credibility has gone out the window when they are posting a fake rumor. Nice job[/quote]
One based off a random member's blog no less, Kotaku really looks stupid here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back