This is sad. Guitar Praise - "Christian" Guitar hero ripoff.

First, you're slow to the punch. This one has been played out and the interweb hate machine had it's way with it.

Second, what's wrong with it? Guitar Hero would make a fortune marketing an expansion or releasing tracks of good Christian metal (Demon Hunter FTW), yet has chosen not to. Somebody else, lacking Activision's huge financial backing, chose to do so. Will it dent Guitar Hero's profit margin? Probably not. Will it make a profit? More than likely.

*shrug* I don't see the big deal, other than the "bandwagon" argument (which GHWT is doing for RB, and the other one, can't remember the name, is doing from both RB and GHWT). Besides, if the market can handle 4,132,314.4 FPS games, it can handle three or four music game franchises (especially if the controllers are compatible.)
I know it's uncool to be Christian or like Christians/Christianity nowadays, but I think there is a huge market/demographic who would eat up a Christian rock game or a Country game/disk. Some Christian rock actually does rock.
Speaking of which: is Fireball Ministry "Christian" rock?

[quote name='Logg']ZAO > Demon Hunter[/quote]

I don't think so,but Zao really isn't my bag. I think the game is a great idea,but for pc only, and the way it was made = lame.

[quote name='projecteightysix']http://www.guitarpraise.com/

I mean... really?[/quote]

I personally don't see the issue. Christian rock is a pretty big industry on it's own. I personally don't listen to it even though I am a Christian myself, but I know plenty of people who only listen to it. Why not cater to that demographic and allow them a game with music they enjoy? Besides, other than lyrics, you generally cannot tell the difference between the music itself.

If the people it targets do enjoy it, then I'm glad for them. No reason not to cater to this group imo.

why do you care if some kids who don't normally get to play videogames actually get to play a guitar hero type game? you don't have to buy it... i think Guitar Hero (the real game) is actually sadder than this Guitar Praise game... they'll have 10 different games out in the span of 2 years...

Guitar Hero is a 'ripoff' of Guitar Freaks. Is that sad too?

I guess no one here listens to CAG Foreplay, because this has come up twice so far. I believe Shipwreck is buying the game; maybe he'll post a review or something.

Personally, I'd rather gouge my eyes out than listen to Christian rock, but come on. I't's not an original idea or anything, but if people like the music, good for them. They can buy it, and its not like it hurts anyone else. And I say this as a non-Christian.

Honestly, I would have no problem with the decent Christian bands having packs for guitar hero and rock band, but having a game all to itself that looks corny as heck. Also, the title of the game is just stupid. Guitar Praise? How are you praising with playing a fake guitar?

Sorry, I don't understand, why is Guitar Praise creepy? So you mean to tell me that christian people don't enjoy video games, or wouldn't like to play a guitar hero style game with the music that we listen to? I don't see guitar praise infringing on your gaming experience, so why hate on it? I didn't realize that freedom of speech meant that christians had to sit down and be quiet. It makes no sense to scrutinize something simply because you don't understand it. I'm sorry it doesn't appeal to you, but there is a pretty big audience out there that is excited for this, and anxiously awaits any add-ons that might float out. Head on over to Christian-gaming.com. They run awesome forums, a fantastic podcast, and are not so adverse to outsiders or people that seem different. God bless you all!

[quote name='Holy_Headshot']Sorry, I don't understand, why is Guitar Praise creepy? So you mean to tell me that christian people don't enjoy video games, or wouldn't like to play a guitar hero style game with the music that we listen to? I don't see guitar praise infringing on your gaming experience, so why hate on it? I didn't realize that freedom of speech meant that christians had to sit down and be quiet. It makes no sense to scrutinize something simply because you don't understand it. I'm sorry it doesn't appeal to you, but there is a pretty big audience out there that is excited for this, and anxiously awaits any add-ons that might float out. Head on over to Christian-gaming.com. They run awesome forums, a fantastic podcast, and are not so adverse to outsiders or people that seem different. God bless you all![/QUOTE]

Sit down and shut up.

;)

By which, I mean, of course, welcome to CAG!

Personally, this doesn't creep me out until I find out that, say, James Dobson gets a cut of the proceeds. But at that point it's not about the game any longer. It is what it is - the only hangup being that it's bloody expensive for 50 tracks.

I don't listen to "christian rock" I don't attend christian church (I'm a Heathen, I pray to and worship many gods) but there's just something about this game that makes me want to play it. I guess it's the novelty factor that's making me interested. Aye, $100 for 50 tracks is really frelling expensive, but there's bound to be a disc only release on the horizon, otherwise I'll be hitting eBay for this one.

games are games people, get over it

Corny.

If people want to play christian rock songs, this is on the PC. Download some note charts and buy a USB guitar controller for less than half the price. If the note charts don't exist, then not many people want to play those songs anyway.

Also, hail satan, praise the dark lord, and may beelzebub triumph.

note charts? What for something like Frets On Fire for the PC? Sounds interesting. I'm not crazy about the way they are implementing it, don't get me wrong. It's overpriced, I'll wait and see if it comes down. I just don't think it's asking too much to have a sliver of respect for anyone else. There are tons of games out there that are not on my radar, but I choose not to bash the people who are fans of them.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I'm thinking it's time for this thread to die...[/QUOTE]

It'll come back in three days.

no.. i never noticed if it did.. i don't recall ever seeing a picture of darwin.. i just happened onto a site while reading cag regarding palin's stance on evolution and saw the picture.

sorry for jacking the OP's thread.

let the christianity rockband debate continue! somehow i can't imagine this thread will last very long though.

Who knows, the game might be amazing. The tracklist needs some help for sure. Also, didn't know Flyleaf is a Christian band.

Game needs moar Haste The Day, Still Remains, and As I Lay Dying. None of which I'm even sure is Christian anymore but what the hell.

$100 for 50 songs and a guitar controller... Pretty steep eh?

Christian-oriented or not, with that price-point, I really don't see a lot of people buying this product, outside of die-hard fans of the genre (and believe me even then, that's a pretty iffy preposition).

Boost the tracklist, offer the bundle at a lower pricepoint, or just offer the game itself at around $50, and you're good to go.

I don't know what to say.

If it was cheap I could maybe see someone buying it.
I can also see tons of parents running out, "Guitar Hero and Rock and Roll are evil" "So here, try this it's what Jesus would want..."

I guess I shouldn't mock it too much until I read a review I just think stuff like this gets over blown.

Still what some of the people say on the site about the game makes me wonder. Never mind me not mocking it, I'm going to have fun with this. I wonder how many of these parents/fans are deeply conservative....oh look an interracial gay couple got married!

And some Quotes:

We are REALLY excited about Guitar Praise. My kids have begged me to get them Guitar Hero and I just couldn't bare the thought of some of the lyrics they would be embedding into their minds.

-Wow most of the lyrics aren't that bad...oh no some said Damn and sex, it looks like we are all going to burn!

I know my boys would love the game but I wasn't comfortable with the Girls on the game or the music

-Right...I think most of the girls are wearing clothing...And you know nothing of popular culture, and I'm sure you believe women need to be in the kitchen and behind the stove...

With all of the anti-God, seductive, dark songs out there, especially in guitar hero, I was overwhelmed with excitement to hear of Guitar Praise

-Wow...if that''s your biggest concern in life you've got issues...and let me guess you believe all the problems can be solved by God...when he brings me my dream job, my Porsche, and my own country I'll let you know.

Kotaku has a few nice words to say as well

http://kotaku.com/5042779/guitar-praise-+-knocking-off-guitar-hero-for-jesus

bread's done
Back