warhammer online vs Conan Hyborian Adventures

Celticparadox

CAG Veteran
OK so Im gonna buy one of these two...have not had a try on either of them yet....could I get some informed opinions of which game is better. Ive been playing WOW forever and its time for a change.

Thanx

Celt

The dev's working on AoC suck. I was in early release, and week after week, they would fix stuff that's not that important, rather than balancing classes.

For instance, the tempest of set used to be able to drop these totems that would deal decent damage... with no limit as to how many can be dropped. They used to clear dungeons solo.

Go with Warhammer. Stay away from AoC.

I'm also looking to get into an MMORPG after a 1 ½ year break, and from what I've been hearing from various people Warhammer Online seems to be the right choice. As all I ever hear from AoC have been pretty negative.

I've played both, and IMHO Warhammer is the superior game. It already has an amazing level of polish for a launch MMO, which is something that I can't say the same about AoC.

Put it this way:

AoC is 30% Finished

WAR is 80% Finished

Although, I have to say AoC's combat is a lot more satisfying then WAR's. Not saying the mechanic is better, it's just more satisfying; you can hear every hit and bone crunch and being a Bear Shaman, whacking some dude in the stomach so he keels over and then smashing him with an over hand thrust like I am Gallagher and his head is a watermelon, is nice.

That being said, get WAR.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Put it this way:

AoC is 30% Finished

WAR is 80% Finished
[/quote]

Very strange way of putting it since WAR had some cities and classes removed prior to launch. But I agree. AoC lacked any polish on release. I played it for a couple weeks after it came out. Hopefully they will slip stream that stuff in at a regular pace. There are also tons of room for expansions and additions thanks to the very deep Warhammer lore.

[quote name='Jest']Very strange way of putting it since WAR had some cities and classes removed prior to launch. But I agree. AoC lacked any polish on release. I played it for a couple weeks after it came out. Hopefully they will slip stream that stuff in at a regular pace. There are also tons of room for expansions and additions thanks to the very deep Warhammer lore.[/quote]

Thus why it's missing 20% of it!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Thus why it's missing 20% of it![/QUOTE]If that missing content only amounts to 20%, then the missing 70% from AoC is fairly accurate. ;)

bread's done
Back