GGT 87's AI Freakin' Cheats, So I Smashed My Controller. That'll Teach 'Em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chacrana

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Seriously. I teach them a lot by those standards. Interestingly, if I'm sitting somewhere uncomfortable, I'm far more prone to smash controllers than if I'm sitting somewhere where I can relax.

Some call it anger problems, but I think I'm just fuckin' crazy :bomb:

I never get mad at people tho... it's weird - I only get pissed as fuck in the aforementioned situation.

So, let's talk about vidya games.

I just got my 360 back. Now I'm trying to get it online again... but it's giving me a few problems.... I just can't win can I?

I watched my friends destroy more than a few controllers playing me in Tekken and SoulCalibur over the years. And I'm not even that good. Apparently I have a "no blocking code". :)

And my other friend would smash Dual Shocks 2 playing VF4 all the time. He has a box of about 4 of them, and a broken DC controller from a late night SC ring out festival of about 170 matches. He won about 18. :)

I don't break controllers because I don't like buying new ones.

No block codes are bullshit, but the worst was Apossum's lag switch he used for DOA4. The freakin' connection always decided to give him the advantage by lagging donkey balls whenever I needed to act. I still think I was ahead in the win/loss ratio against him, but wow.

And Rei, sorry for stealing your GGT :(

I had already made this GGT by the time I saw your declaration.

Is pgr3 worth getting for $5? I've heard about bad load times but I guess that can be fixed with the new 360 update.

Also, the gs deal (b2g1) has me interested: dead rising, assassins creed and yakuza for $35ish...yay or nay? (or non-rpg suggestions?)

[quote name='Chacrana']

And Rei, sorry for stealing your GGT :(

I had already made this GGT by the time I saw your declaration.[/QUOTE]
Awww T.T

whenever someone wins fairly, I break my lag switch

I would take the LSAT right now if i could...missing two good parties this weekend and next weekend :bomb: aaand steam is taking forever to get the max payne games. :bomb: So, I'm gonna play some FFX and fight against some of these --> :bomb:

anyone who has played FFX International-- is it all in english?

I can't, for the life of me figure out Sony didn't want a public beta for LittleBigPlanet? If people want in, let them in. Don't make them jump through a thousand hoops.

[quote name='ninja dog']Anyone who has played FFX International-- is it all in english?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, all in English except for the first few parts before you start a new game, like the language select and the sphere grid select. After that, all good.

[quote name='KingBroly']I can't, for the life of me figure out Sony didn't want a public beta for LittleBigPlanet? If people want in, let them in. Don't make them jump through a thousand hoops.[/quote]

For some reason, they still think that making things look exclusive is a good marketing strategy. Its not a beta, the game has shipped, so it's just a demo that's supposed to generate word of mouth.

[quote name='KingBroly']I can't, for the life of me figure out Sony didn't want a public beta for LittleBigPlanet? If people want in, let them in. Don't make them jump through a thousand hoops.[/quote]Publicity deals with the websites giving them away; $$$.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, all in English except for the first few parts before you start a new game, like the language select and the sphere grid select. After that, all good.[/quote]

whoa...I need a copy. Do you know if saves from NTSC-U are somehow compatible with it?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, all in English except for the first few parts before you start a new game, like the language select and the sphere grid select. After that, all good.[/QUOTE]

Yep. But keep in mind that the new content in International isn't that dramatic of a change. Still enough for people like me to justify the switch, though... but then, I thought some bewbs were reason enough to get the UK version of the Witcher, so take that with a grain of salt.

[quote name='ninja dog']whoa...I need a copy. Do you know if saves from NTSC-U are somehow compatible with it?[/QUOTE]

No, they aren't.

[quote name='ninja dog']whoa...I need a copy. Do you know if saves from NTSC-U are somehow compatible with it?[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, no.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yep. But keep in mind that the new content in International isn't that dramatic of a change. Still enough for people like me to justify the switch, though... but then, I thought some bewbs were reason enough to get the UK version of the Witcher, so take that with a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the new content isn't too dramatic. But being a fan, I needed to check it out. I'd have FFXII international if it was in English text and dubs instead of Japanese text and English dubs.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']As far as I know, no.

Yeah, the new content isn't too dramatic. But being a fan, I needed to check it out. I'd have FFXII international if it was in English text and dubs instead of Japanese text and English dubs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, man, they added a shitload of new stuff to the FFXII International version, too. So it sucks that didn't get the English treatment. Oh well. I'm thankful we at least got one International in a real language.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, man, they added a shitload of new stuff to the FFXII International version, too. So it sucks that didn't get the English treatment. Oh well. I'm thankful we at least got one International in a real language.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sucks too. I really liked FFXII, so I wanted to check out the new content. And I don't think I'll be able to learn to read Japanese anytime soon. . .

Man, I hear ya.

My school seems to have a vendetta against me learning Japanese, since I'm basically locked into using Spanish which I've had a use for and foresee a use for... like, never. If I go to law school, why would I represent Mexican clients? I don't get paid in pinto beans and tin foil.

waitaminute, turns out I'm playing the pal version of FFX, which has all the international changes. which also explains why I didn't remember being offered the expert sphere grid the first time I played it. nm :cool:

expert sphere grid is sweet. and I forgot how huge and awesome the sphere grid system is.

Speaking Spanish can be helpful iif you, for instance, shop or work at Walmart. Or if you, like me, fucking love Mexican food and want to know how to properly say "guacamole."

SCIV in a bit? Yes please.

[quote name='ninja dog']waitaminute, turns out I'm playing the pal version of FFX, which has all the international changes. which also explains why I didn't remember being offered the expert sphere grid the first time I played it. nm :cool:

expert sphere grid is sweet. and I forgot how huge and awesome the sphere grid system is.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, the PAL version runs at 5/6ths of the speed that the Jap one does. Which is gay.

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, I hear ya.

My school seems to have a vendetta against me learning Japanese, since I'm basically locked into using Spanish which I've had a use for and foresee a use for... like, never. If I go to law school, why would I represent Mexican clients? I don't get paid in pinto beans and tin foil.[/quote]

Spanish is a serious asset...my bro gets a lot of spanish clients.

as for internationals, there was a FFVII International as well apparently. haven't read about it, but I'm pretty sure Aeris still dies in it.

[quote name='ninja dog']Spanish is a serious asset...my bro gets a lot of spanish clients.

as for internationals, there was a FFVII International as well apparently. haven't read about it, but I'm pretty sure Aeris still dies in it.[/QUOTE]

Man, whatever. We should totally team up and represent Itagaki someday. Lord knows he'll need it.

And I think FFVII International just patched in the stuff that was in the US version of the game... which was the Ruby Weapon or whatever the hell it was they added. It was also entirely in Japanese.

hells yeah, we get paid in hoes and katanas.

Problem is, the PAL version runs at 5/6ths of the speed that the Jap one does. Which is gay.

Not through PCSX2...otoh, I think that's causing some weird lip sync problems, unless the game had awful lip syncing to begin with. nothing bad enough to keep me from playing it. Overclocking this cpu was the best decision i've made in my entire life. Time to fighting FFX!

Time to try out Burnout 2 that I got from Goozex. I don't understand why they can't just put that classic crash mode in the more modern Burnout games. It was perfection. It only needed some more effects, not innovation.

Does anyone know how to mod a Super Nintendo? Or have a link to some place that explains it? Coz I really wanna play Rockman & Forte.

Yeah, I had an adapter back in the day that I bought via mail order. But alternatively, you can just cut the plastic so that the cartridge fits in the slot.

edit: hank beat me to it.

Man... I was so pumped to get my 360 back. But now I can't get it online so I can't play any of the games I have downloaded.

How did the Max Payne games transfer to the Xbox? They're both 100 points on Goozex and I remember really liking them when I played them on the PC back in the day.

[quote name='daroga']How did the Max Payne games transfer to the Xbox? They're both 100 points on Goozex and I remember really liking them when I played them on the PC back in the day.[/quote]

They both played just fine and dandy for me, no differences that I could see. Well, minus the less than stellar graphics compared to the PC version.

P-A has MGS4 gunmetal PS3 bundles left over at $579.99 US.

UPS trackable shipping is $73 to me, and that's not bad considering the size/wt overseas thing. Unfortunately this one is still well out of my reach. >_

[quote name='gunm']P-A has MGS4 gunmetal PS3 bundles left over at $579.99 US.

UPS trackable shipping is $73 to me, and that's not bad considering the size/wt overseas thing. Unfortunately this one is still well out of my reach. >_

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm still lost as to why I bought a PS3 in the first place...[/quote]

Honestly, I am too, didn't you take a look at what was coming out before you bought one?

I'm not sure why I have mine. I DO know however that I'm not getting rid of my PS3.
Especially because the Singstar PS2 games are 10 bucks this week at Walmart (CANADA). Soon Singstar PS3 will let you rip the PS2 songs.
:)
I'm going to watch School Rumble and fall asleep.
night GGT

[quote name='distgfx']Honestly, I am too, didn't you take a look at what was coming out before you bought one?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was looking at Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, White Knight Story, and maybe, just maybe, be like the PS2 and cease to be a complete piece of shit after that first 6 months. Because the PS2 had a rough first 6 months, but man oh man did it recover. What we've got with the PS3 is a system with but one of those heavy hitters released and absolutely no hardcore or niche games with any semblance of quality. Not exactly what I anticipated. Where's that surprise hit that comes outta nowhere? Where's the halfway decent RPGs? Where's Capcom? I mean, if we're honestly clamoring for the sequel to motherfucking Resistence of all things, you know there's a serious issue. That'd be like if people lined up for Timesplitters 2. Do you know desperate you'd have to be?

I bought my PS3 for Tekken 5 DR, VF5, and MGS4. I'm looking forward to Tekken 6 and that's about it for PS3. 360 is bleak too. PC and PS2 is where it's at right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back