Guild Wars, anyone else excited?

Oh yeah, me too! I was thinking about WoW, but the monthly fees are too damn much. Guild Wars looks great, though.

I've been talking this thing up since last E3, and only now are people taking a glance at it.

I've played two of the preview events, and it's great fun. It's sort of like a really pretty Diablo. I'd love to see a CAG guild started.

[quote name='Ledhed']I've been talking this thing up since last E3, and only now are people taking a glance at it.

I've played two of the preview events, and it's great fun. It's sort of like a really pretty Diablo. I'd love to see a CAG guild started.[/quote]

Did u get to try the PvP mode?

If so, is it anything like i imagine (squad based fighting in the middle ages (?))

I'll give this a tray and see if it can rip me away from WoW. I think because im a bit of a loner on online games i might just stick with WoW...

I've enjoyed the beta events so far. Can not wait for the game to come out. No monthly fee is very nice.

Would be cool to have a CAG clan. Keep coming back to this site for some reason. :p

I've heard dial up plays this just fine, so you should try to get into a beta to see Kaijufan.

I've had to really bend my life around these beta weekends, but hopefully with no exams or school i can enjoy this one!

i havent really enjoyed PvP cause i always end up being completely owned (i'm necro/monk). exploring is awesome tho, and they add more and more each beta weekend, so by retail (i dont think its Feb. anymore right? maybe March or April? anyone know?) it'll be a real nice package! post your guys names too, eh? mines Kara Cengiz

I am excited about this game also. Finally a MMORPG that I don't have to pay $$ monthly for.

I was going to preorder the game but I have to choose from either ebgames or gamestop.

Ebgames offers an in-game "Ithas Bow" among other things when you preorder from them.
"Exclusive item: the Ithas bow - All classes in Guild Wars can use a bow as an offensive weapon. When used by a Ranger, the damage of the bow increases with a higher Marksmanship score. As only a Ranger has the Marksmanship attribute, the other classes will not receive this advantage."

Gamestop offers a "War Pick"
" The War Pick is a Large and Powerful 2 handed weapon."

Which to choose?

There's also a different pre-order bonus weapon from Best Buy. ;)

I'm excited about it, but I was more excited before WoW. I'm glad it got bumped back a couple of months, I'll probably be ready to move on from WoW by the time it releases.

I've been in the Beta for a while and I love the game. I can wait for the full release so I can get a few of my friends playing it with me. I personally like it alot more the WoW (which I also Beta tested for) WoW was just to cartoony for me.

Go buy a pre-sale box. Everywhere should have them, including CompUSA and Best Buy. It will allow you to play in the Beta.

I just got done playing and am up to level 5.

If you see "Sai Gumi", that's me.

[quote name='saigumi']Go buy a pre-sale box. Everywhere should have them, including CompUSA and Best Buy. It will allow you to play in the Beta.

If you see "Sai Gumi", that's me.[/quote]

BASTERD!!! (not you, that's just what i say)

I was just at Comp USA, saw all the boxes, wondered why they'd have so many if it was just for pre-sale, and ignored it

o well, im going back on sunday

[quote name='Moxio']Is anyone else playing this?[/quote]
i am trying to, played till 4am last nite (8pm-4, not like noon-4am!...). today went out with friends, so i need to make up for it!

they added lots of side quests, which i like better than the normal ones. what do u guys think of the new interface/windows? i miss SORTING items! :cry:

I'm excited about this game too, and I love the no monthly fee part also. Anyone know the PC requirement for this game (CPU, RAM, and Video Card)?

[quote name='saigumi']Go buy a pre-sale box. Everywhere should have them, including CompUSA and Best Buy. It will allow you to play in the Beta.

If you see "Sai Gumi", that's me.[/quote]

Does the key in pre-sale box allows you to play in more than one beta or just one beta?

[quote name='yogi99']Does the key in pre-sale box allows you to play in more than one beta or just one beta?[/quote]

Unforunately, it's only good for one beta event. Though it should include a "Guest Pass" key that you can use on a different account.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='yogi99']Does the key in pre-sale box allows you to play in more than one beta or just one beta?[/quote]

Unforunately, it's only good for one beta event. Though it should include a "Guest Pass" key that you can use on a different account.[/quote]

One key is good for ALL beta events, and one is for a friend and is good for ONE beta event. You can reserve names of characters either way.

So, who chose level 1 and level 20?

I did 20 for my W/Mo, and 1 for my Ele/Mo. And let me tell you, that Tomb place where you fight other people is HARD. You can easily fight for over 20 minutes, healing, resurrecting team members, etc.

[quote name='yogi99']I'm excited about this game too, and I love the no monthly fee part also. Anyone know the PC requirement for this game (CPU, RAM, and Video Card)?[/quote]

I'm sure GW official site has info. I have a Geforce 2 MX, 512MB RAM, P4 1.8ghz system (w/ DSL) and at 800x600 resolution and lowish graphical settings, it looks fine (to me) and plays smooth.
PS: yes i am looking to upgrade :lol:
PPS: I chose lvl 1, it just seems more fun to work your way up, to me at least

Not real crazy about the new interface. Has potential though. Also it was nice to find all the different solo areas. Did not find a bone dragon with 20 baddies this time. Even though I lasted 5 seconds when I saw all of them last beta. :lol:

The next beta weekend is Feb. 4. \:D/

I thought the new inventory menus sucked, if only because there was no "sort" option this time. I don't enjoy having to manually move my stuff around between 4 different "bags" of differing sizes. That made no sense...So I hope they get something better put together, they got plenty of time!

bread's done
Back