Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club

Hellacious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Starting Tomorrow September 30th. Best Buy is starting their soft launch of the new Reward Zone Gamer's Club. You will be able to go to www.myrewardzone.com/gamersclub/ and join the new club. I should also mention that this is FREE to sign-up. So what does this club do for you?

It is essentially the same as your current reward zone but you will receive $10 in Reward Zone Certificates for every $150 spent in Videogame Software, Videogame Accessories, and PC Software. This is not good on Videogame Hardware. There are quite a few other benefits that will be coming out in the future for this new Club also. You must have a standard Reward Zone Card to join. This new club goes over the top of your account and you will still just use your standard Reward Zone Card once you have joined the Gamer's Club. It will officially roll out to store's on October 12th and will be advertised in the October 19th ad.

Figured I'd give all of you CAGers a heads up though.

EDIT:

1. Log into your Best Buy Rewards Zone account.
2. On the home page, hold your mouse over the right most tab labeled "Community and Clubs".
3. You should see "Reward Zone Gamers Club" on the drop down list.
4. Read the conditions (blah blah), and sign up on the right side of the screen.
5. Enjoy this free promotion and don't complain about it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Link is broken. If it goes active later, may want to state that in your post. Thanks for the heads up.

Do you know if it is two different accumulation of points (one for game software and another for everything else) or will software still give regular reward zone points too?

The link won't go live until tomorrow as stated in the original post. I currently do not know if it will stack with the regular Reward Zone Points for certain. From what it sounds like... it will. But I do not know for sure just yet.

Can't hurt since it is free. However, I don't buy many (if any) games at BB unless someone gives me a GC there. :) Seems that I can always find a better deal elsewhere unless I'm getting a PM. So in those cases, this will be good. Thanks OP!

This sounds pretty cool, really. I don't buy many new games at full price but my local BBs do a fairly good job with clearance titles...

It sounds like a modified version of the summer of entertainment from 2007 which was very nice...

I'll definitely be signing up!

[quote name='Hybrid5006']6.67% off basically... rather get it off of amazon and save the 10% sales tax I have to pay over here[/QUOTE]

Generally I would agree, but lately BB has had alot of manager's specials locally with games going for 50-70% off. Also, they usually have a 10% off coupon most weekends which takes care of the tax and then the reward zone cert is just like another little bonus discount.

If Best Buy went back to the non YMMV clearances, I would probably spend that much a year. As it is now, I probably spend less than $100 a year total at Best Buy (basically only penny items, and an occasional CD or DVD). I stopped buying games there because the deals are horrible. Relying on the store to clearance games means all I see is 20% off $59.99 games or NBA Live 2002 for XBox marked down to $2.99 from $9.99

I'll sign up, but yeah, I don't think I've spent much money at Best Buy recently, and certainly not on games. The last things I think I bought were the Addams Family DVDs and the new Motley Crue CD, all on sale. I've been buying games from Circuit City, a 10.00 gift card now is worth more then ~5% back eventually; and I have gotten my money's worth from the Gamers Savings Club (even though it wasn't free.)

If this doesn't stack, then I don't see how it is any different then buying $150 in video games with a normal reward zone card.

Thanks though, I'll check it out.

[quote name='bojay1997']Generally I would agree, but lately BB has had alot of manager's specials locally with games going for 50-70% off. Also, they usually have a 10% off coupon most weekends which takes care of the tax and then the reward zone cert is just like another little bonus discount.[/quote]
Where do you get these 10% off coupons on most weekends? I only see them mentioned on here like once every 2 months.

This will suck if it makes your game purchases go only towards Gamer Club points while all your other purchases go only towards Regular Reward Zone points, which is probably what it will be. Instead of 250 for $5, it would then be an additional 250 on top of all your gaming purchases. Of course if you only buy games then it is good.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am getting page not found.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I wonder if it works if your on a store computer? They still have that Intranet thing going.

[quote name='Frag Rev']If this doesn't stack, then I don't see how it is any different then buying $150 in video games with a normal reward zone card.

Thanks though, I'll check it out.[/QUOTE]

The points accrual is way faster at a $10 cert for $150 spent. You realize that currently you have to spend $500 to get $10 in certs, unless it's a 2 for 1 or triple points coupon weekend, right?

[quote name='J7.']Where do you get these 10% off coupons on most weekends? I only see them mentioned on here like once every 2 months.

This will suck if it makes your game purchases go only towards Gamer Club points while all your other purchases go only towards Regular Reward Zone points, which is probably what it will be. Instead of 250 for $5, it would then be an additional 250 on top of all your gaming purchases. Of course if you only buy games then it is good.[/QUOTE]

I get a physical packet of coupons at least three times a month from Best Buy probably because they just opened two new stores in our area and I have been a long-time (actually I was a charter member) Reward Zone member. I do pretty much just buy clearance games at Best Buy since I have yet to see them beat a DVD or CD price on Amazon once you figure in tax and gas. I like that these new certs are giving you a 7% return as opposed to 2% under the current scheme.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']6.67% off basically... rather get it off of amazon and save the 10% sales tax I have to pay over here[/QUOTE]

ditto... not to mention Amazon tends to undercut retail price for new releases.

PS3 Socom (with headset) was $54 on preorder - Best Buy won't be able to match that even with the new Club offer.

AND it takes FOREVER for BB to let you redeem the certificates (2 months!)

Seems like a good deal. I'll sign up even though I rarely shop at Best Buy unless they have a hot deal or I have a coupon.

*sigh*

Maryland sales tax is 6%, so this would be great for us.

Thanks OP. Don't really shop at BB for games anymore unless I have a RZ cert. It's free so it can't hurt. One of the BB in my area actually has a clearance section, so I'll keep an eye on it.

i had Reward zone card why need gamer reward zone card for. Only Bestbuy do it they wanna track down how much peoples spending money a month or year on videogames at they store. They track down which one is loyalty and devil customer, lol who paid full MSRP per game instead sale or pricematching :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']i had Reward zone card why need gamer reward zone card for. Only Bestbuy do it they wanna track down how much peoples spending money a month or year on videogames at they store. They track down which one is loyalty and devil customer, lol who paid full MSRP per game instead sale or pricematching :)[/quote]

I'm a Devil Customer:bouncy:

Not working for me either. Maybe this is something like that email they sent out a few weeks ago about being Upgraded to Reward Zone Black. It was all just a test. :whistle2:(

No it isn't a test. It just hasn't gone live yet for whatever reason. Original communication stated that it would go LIVE Today. However it appears that it may have been pushed back slightly. The materials for it to launch at store level will show up on October 12th in the store's merch kit. It won't be advertised in a ad until October 19th. So they could soft launch it late and no one else would really know the difference besides I made everyone aware of it. Rest Assured, it is on the way in the coming weeks.

bread's done
Back