CAGcast #135: The New CAGcast Experience

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-l=1]481[/img-l][preview]Wombat goes hands-on with Mortal Kombat vs. DC while a legless CheapyD explores the Playstation Home beta. We also talk Lego Batman, Wipeout HD, Pure, and cover new releases, the latest video game industry and shopping news, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Review us on iTunes!
Join the CAGcast Facebook Group

[podcast]27[/podcast]
Download - 95 minutes, 38MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg][/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Picture:

Bonus Book Plug:

Arcade Mania: The Turbo-charged World of Japan's Game Centers
by Brian Ashcraft and Jean Snow (Paperback - Jan 1, 2009)

Bonus Tai Videos:
http://www.vimeo.com/album/30411

By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll be the third person to comment with out listening.

And yes. I stayed up JUST for the Cagcast.

To put music on your PS3 it's about as easy as it can be. If you have a USB stick you can put the mp3 files from your comp to the usb in a folder called PS3 with another folder inside that one called MUSIC. Put the USB stick in your PS3 and go to the music part and highlight your usb stick by pressing triangle. Hit show all and select the ps3 folder and then the music folder and copy the music you want by pressing triangle over the songs you want (or just copy the entire folder over). Then make a playlist by highlighting the songs you want with triangle and select add to playlist. Then in wipeout go to audio options and select playlist and you should see the name of whatever you called the playlist. (Oh and I don't really think Crecente's an asshole. It was my gut reaction just like the comment on Cag from him was. Thanks for saying my name on air Cheapy...it gave me goosebumps.;))

Wombat, Mega Man 9 was meant to be just like the old school Mega Man games that includes being a fucking difficult game just like they used to be. This keeps me playing the game and proves a good challenge and is a good way get away from today's games that are just way to easy compared to the games gamers played before.

Hmm i feel like eating an apple all of the sudden....Oh ya and "eat a bowl of dick!" is now my new favorite quote ever.

In reference to CAG's rating system for games, Cheapy brought up the price paid for "The Club" and the rating the game received. This brings back my argument of CAG creating a value based rating system for games. Also known as..."How much would you pay for this game?"

CheapyD you might want to add this custom music to your PS3 for WipEout HD. It was created by NeoGaf memebers. I listened to it and it is a good mix of music and even if they are not professional it does sound good and fits WipEout HD.

Ahh! Securom is supposed to be pronounced "Secure Rom"... you know, since the discs are "ROMs" (like those NES things people download) and they make them "secure".

That was the most awkward silence I've ever heard in a podcast. I actually yelled out, "Say something!" after several seconds. Great show as always.

GTA 4 unlocks islands as you progress, through the game. That got me going through and there's more than just "drive, shoot, drive away" like the level where you kidnap this chick who freaks out and screws with the steering wheel as you drive to the hideout. The people you ineract with after you beat the game like the weird guy who likes boys and the drunk bitch was quite weird but fun.

[quote name='Jackal888']In reference to CAG's rating system for games, Cheapy brought up the price paid for "The Club" and the rating the game received. This brings back my argument of CAG creating a value based rating system for games. Also known as..."How much would you pay for this game?"[/quote]

Coming in October!

[quote name='thorbahn3']GTA 4 unlocks islands as you progress, through the game. That got me going through and there's more than just "drive, shoot, drive away" like the level where you kidnap this chick who freaks out and screws with the steering wheel as you drive to the hideout. The people you ineract with after you beat the game like the weird guy who likes boys and the drunk bitch was quite weird but fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry drive, shoot, occasionally pick some one up, drive, shoot. If you play in free mode everything is unlocked from the start. I never said it wasn't a great game, it is, but without structure I get bored easily.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Since tomorrow is October, do you mean early, mid, or late October?[/quote]

October has 31 days.

Technically, "October" could mean: October 31 11:59 PM.

[quote name='retrovertigo']October has 31 days.

Technically, "October" could mean: October 31 11:59 PM.[/quote]
That was the point of the question since it could be anywhere from tomorrow to over four weeks from now.

Cheapy's idea about Viva Pinata is good, but it's too much work. All they have to do is rebrand the title and change the name of the pinatas. They could call it Go Go Pinatamon.

And my cheap ass pick up of the week is Alone in the Dark. I got it for $10 from gogamer.com. For $10 it's great. If I had paid 60, I would have been super PO'd.

Of course another great show. Thanks.

I also agree with you guys on the whole embargo nonsense. There's really no point of holding an embargo over news sites being that they always either:

A) Get leaked out
or
B) Get the exclusivity of the story stolen by IGN. Afterall, the only thing IGN cares about or is good at for that matter is making deals with companies in exchange for the first post of a story.

That Force Unleashed level is pretty bad. The key to beating it is to use Lightning on the Tie Fighters instead of Grip--the lock-on is easier.

After all that effort Wombat put into his attempt to bolster the English language by arguing the difference between "average" and "mediocre," he frags himself by using the non-word "irregardless."

[quote name='Salmonday']After all that effort Wombat put into his attempt to bolster the English language by arguing the difference between "average" and "mediocre," he frags himself by using the non-word "irregardless."[/QUOTE]

thats was an intentional attempt at humor

[quote name='Wombat']I'm sorry drive, shoot, occasionally pick some one up, drive, shoot. If you play in free mode everything is unlocked from the start. I never said it wasn't a great game, it is, but without structure I get bored easily.[/QUOTE]

And that's perfectly fine. I still disagree with you that it does have structure though.

I also picked up The Club from Target for that $12.xx price. Fun little time killer.

If Wombat doesn't already have Lost Odyssey, some Targets have it clearanced to a $14.98 price point already.

Great show as always, guys!

[quote name='Jackal888']In reference to CAG's rating system for games, Cheapy brought up the price paid for "The Club" and the rating the game received. This brings back my argument of CAG creating a value based rating system for games. Also known as..."How much would you pay for this game?"
[/quote]

Exactly how I think of it. And if *for example* The Club gets rated with a $20 value when it first comes out and someone finds it for only $12, then they know that they have a "deal". Deals are what this site is all about and that would be an appropriate rating system.

Great show guys. I felt the love in this show.

Wombat, did you take any pics of the MK DC event? not even a cell phone pic? i think it's sweet that Ed Boon listens to the show. :D

btw, i think i mentioned in a previous show post that Catwoman was definitely lame. I wish they had Harley Quinn in it instead.

Cheapy, reviewers have always stated that they take price into account when they review games. they want to let readers know if it's worth it for the retail price. some sites even refuse to review free games because they don't think there's any point to reviewing something you can get for free since you can try it out for yourself.

Cheapy,

That level in Star Wars Force Unleashed where you try and pull the star destroyer down is actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. The secret to is that you don't have to use your force powers and grab the trash floating around to throw at the fighters.
You can actually use your force lightning and zap all of them down pretty quickly!

I managed to kill all of the fighters, start pulling the big ship, kill the fighters again, and then finally pull in the big ship all the way. 100000% times better to use your force lightning than the force throw!

btw Cheapy, Wipeout HD custom soundtracks are uber easy. simply copy over any music files to your PS3. when you're in the game, just go to Audio Options and go to the Soundtrack settings and you can cycle through the music folders that are in your PS3 music folders. if you want a bunch of the music from the various music folders in your PS3, just make a playlist in the PS3 and you can select that as well in the Audio Options.

[quote name='LiK']Great show guys. I felt the love in this show.

Wombat, did you take any pics of the MK DC event? not even a cell phone pic? i think it's sweet that Ed Boon listens to the show. :D

btw, i think i mentioned in a previous show post that Catwoman was definitely lame. I wish they had Harley Quinn in it instead.

Cheapy, reviewers have always stated that they take price into account when they review games. they want to let readers know if it's worth it for the retail price. some sites even refuse to review free games because they don't think there's any point to reviewing something you can get for free since you can try it out for yourself.[/quote]

That's true but what I think he was trying to say is that reviews expire and become obsolete in a very short time, in some occasions its a matter of weeks. After the time of any price drops or deals, the reader pretty much has to equate that review into the current price.

In regards to Catwoman/Selina Kyle sucking in MK vs. DC...

77579138758batmansuper-4c1gmpw2z.jpeg

Wombat, can you turn back time and not say "irregardless?" "Irregardless" is redundant and technically not a word.

Take it from a Mii friend (I sent you the Mii Beatles).

bread's done
Back