It's Bigger than "The Hip-Hop Thread"

senorwoohoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I noticed that the last one was over 500 posts and a few pages back so here goes.

Great news for Panacea fans!

Panacea is relasing it's forth album October 28th, "A Mind on A Ship Through Time!" But no album is complete without the cover. You gotta see this one. Steve Knox is an amazing artist, and yes: hes done it again. Also be on the look out for his digital graphic novels. Holla!

Cannot wait!

Thanks for making a new thread woohoo.

I've finally started to listen to Boogie Down Productions, and man it's quality (like you'd expect). I'm happy.

the new Kool Keith "Dr. Dooom 2" is pretty dope, but I can't find it in any stores...

I was also shocked to find Murs sold out at Best Buy tonight...... DOUH!

OMG the murs sold out i need to pick that up asap then. I need to get that the T.I. cd and Heltah Skeltah also. I will stop by best buy on fri. and try to get all three

The weird thing is that I had that Dead Prez song stuck in my head today... not a bad thing, of course!

That Black Milk album should be dope... gonna be a close match between DJ Revolution, Black Milk and Jake One

I copped Heltah Skeltah today... and saw Murs on the shelf too so I got that as well.

They had the special edition but it was $7 more for a DVD I most likely wont watch so I jus got the regular one.

anyway I havent listened to it yet but I am listening to HS album.

it's good... but I'm not impressed... the ultimate paradox!

I donno, the jury's still out on this one

The latest hip hop album I've been listening to is the new one from J Boogie's Dubtronic Science. Didn't have high hopes for this one as the dude frankly kinda sucks when he isn't doing mixes or instrumental tracks but this one is pretty good. One shitty song (I'm looking at you Deuce Eclipse) but the rest are pretty good with the songs with Crown City Rockers, Zion I, Jennifer Johns, The Mamaz, Lunar Heights and Ohmega Watts bringing the good stuff. Some of J Boogie's better work and its nice to see Om Records finally release something good since Heroes In The City Of Dope.

I wasn't expecting much from the new one from Murs but man does Murs For President fucking blow. He's boring on it and the beats don't make up for Murs being a dud on the mic.

Also have the new one from People Under The Stairs but I haven't listened to it enough to comment on it except for that it sounds good for background music. Need to actually sit down and listen to it

whoo! thanks for that Count Bass D btw!!

anyway my verdict on the new Heltah Skeltah record is out...

I gave it 3 listens in a row... it kinda sucks.

The good thing about it is Rock doesnt have a stick up his azz anymore and sounds like he;s actually having a good time on the mic. His wordplay as usual is crazy too. Sean price is sick as always as well.

lyrically it's most likely album of the year... but the beats fail HARD! The record overall is an easy listen becoz it's so great vocally but that's not enough to save any of the songs on the record... The overall record thus feels uninspired as it seems like theyre only making a record for the sake of making a record... but got damn they're lyrically top tier...

also it's notable to say that they actually don't have very good chemistry at all... there's a reason why ppl always thought Rock was the better of the two... becoz his presence is so in your face that you have to be paying a lot of attention to notice Ruck. Actually... Cannibal Ox is the same way too, I rarely ever notice Vordul and yet I hella dig his solo shyt...

[quote name='xeno']How is t w Mur now that he is on a major record label?[/quote]

Not much different... there are still like 5 9th wonder beats here, and they all shine... there is some Nottz production and some other tight stuff.... some of the songs are weak, radio-aimed shit, but it's pretty dope if you like Murs.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']This is another must for me. Anybody check out that Zo! and Tigallo Love the 80's joint yet? I might try to pick that up.[/QUOTE]

fucking hilarious/great.

oh yah so I listened to this:

beeb024128a0784e203cf010._AA240_.L.jpg

and then I listened to it again and again... fuckin incredible record.

but anyway... it reminds me some threads back when headpiece of woohoo or someone did a Breezly Brewin interview and I didnt kno who the guy was...

but listening to this record the dood's voice and flow are a little way too familiar...

I figured it out, how could I have never heard of Breezly Brewin before?? He's the main dood from Prince Among Thieves!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9InWhvk1soQ

I remember listening the shyt out of this album back in high school man,

it's like at the time I thought the main 2 doods were jus some unknown cats, coz everyone else on the record was sum kinda rap superstar

lookin forward to that panacea album. do you guys like people under the stairs?
they just came out with a new one "fun dmc" I haven't heard it yet though

damn I still need new Ice Cube...

shyt I still need WC's album from last year :bomb:

I'm trying to get my emusic pickups... wtf they removed that High Decibels album from their site!! bastards!!

the retail release seems real limited tho... like trying to get an actual CD, but I'll definitely look into it coz I did like That Dood song.

[quote name='JEKKI']

I'm trying to get my emusic pickups... wtf they removed that High Decibels album from their site!! bastards!!

the retail release seems real limited tho... like trying to get an actual CD, but I'll definitely look into it coz I did like That Dood song.[/quote]

Really? didn''t know it was limited..shit i better pick it up asap

[quote name='st0neface']It was supposed to come out around the same time as the election, I believe.[/quote]

DP's not repping anyone.

[quote name='JEKKI']damn I still need new Ice Cube...

shyt I still need WC's album from last year :bomb:
[/quote]

Ice Cube's new album blows WC's away by far... WC's was good for awhile but it doesn't have too much lasting value one year later. Definitely cop it if you've liked his past work... it's like having Cube of the past lyrically with new production.

Dead Prez and Static-X together? Yup, it's happened before!

Hip-Hop (Remix)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlTHoFeUZlA[/media]

It's a very nice mix of both worlds!

My lips is like a oowop as I start to spray it

Didn't see any mention of this amazing album/group before so
ATribeCalledQuest-MidnightMarauders.jpg

Discuss

[quote name='dragonsho']My lips is like a oowop as I start to spray it

Didn't see any mention of this amazing album/group before so

Discuss[/QUOTE]

Like ATCQ totally helps me concentrate when I practice my micro Kyle. Kyle. Kyle like checkout all these n00bs I pwn with my ubermicro n stuf rite.

Seriously though ATCQ gets some of the most play on my mp3 player. Dilla's beats on their later albums are absolute gold... like the Love Movement.

In case anyone is wondering, that new King Syze album is kinda average. It has like four or five nice cuts but the rest are kinda meh.

And Midnight Marauders is easily in my Top 15 favorite hip-hop albums of all time. :)

Anyone find a leak for DMX's upcoming albums? I'm surprised, less than a week away from release and I can't find a leak.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Anyone find a leak for DMX's upcoming albums? I'm surprised, less than a week away from release and I can't find a leak.[/quote]

prolly cause no one is checking for him anymore.

I didn't even know X was dropping a new album anytime soon. He fell off after 'It's Dark...".

[quote name='senorwoohoo']http://www.zshare.net/audio/2025652923bf084a/

:lol: The Roots and Lil' Wayne doing "A Millie." I don't like the song but I find this pretty hilarious, particularly because that's ?uest doing the "a millie, a millie" shit.[/QUOTE]

Link didn't work for me...

Also I'm excited for new DMX material no matter what

bread's done
Back