BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you care to give a little more info for those that haven't heard of it before?

Do I just get 30% cash back on items I find on eBay using live search?

ALL BEFORE SHIPPING AND AFTER 30% OFF

DRAGON QUEST 4 21 bucks

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:Ring of Fates (DS) NEW 14 bucks shipped

NEW! Summon Night: Twin Age (Nintendo DS) **SEALED** 18 bucks shipped

Pokemon time.darkness shipped around 17.50

That FF wings is tempting

Search through Live.com

Look at the top banner - should say (XX)% Cashback at Ebay
Click
Buy things that are Buy-It-Now w/ paypal.
Receive confirmation email.
Wait 60 days.
Get money.
Max 6 transactions per account cumulative as of last promotion (subject to change).

Oh! Thanks for the reminder. I had 122 dollars coming to me from last time that I forgot to transfer over to my account.

Shed some more light for those of us not so smart, please. :) I did a search and there is nothing in the top banner about cashback at ebay. If I click the "cashback" link in the top bar, I can find some products and then clicking on those shows cashback, but none of them are 30% off and none are at ebay. For a Wii, for example, the most was 10% back and really it just sucked more then no cashback because the price for the Wii was $100 above retail!

Jericho Collector's Edition (360) - $22.99 - $6 cashback = $16.99 shipped.

Gotta get to French, thanks for the heads up though OP.

YES!! I'm gettin a TV.

If I have the page w/ the 30% off up on Live.com, can I leave it there and return later? (I have class)

[quote name='Quintox']YES!! I'm gettin a TV.

If I have the page w/ the 30% off up on Live.com, can I leave it there and return later? (I have class)[/QUOTE]

No it says in the terms you have to buy within 1 hour of clicking the link

[quote name='Purkeynator']No it says in the terms you have to buy within 1 hour of clicking the link[/quote]
I haven't clicked the link, I meant if I search in Live.com, then leave that page up.

Ok. I see it now. It's not in a "top banner" it's on the side. Also, it's confusing because once you click the % back at ebay it takes you to ebay, but you no longer see anything about cashback. However, when you search for an item on ebay and then click Buy It Now, then the cashback info shows up. I'm considering an upgrade to a 32 GB 2nd gen iPod Touch. Some good deals on those with cashback, but I'm unclear on whether or not you end up with the manufacturers warranty or not when buying this way. Anyone know?

Having to wait 60 days kind of kills this for me, unless it was a large amount. I'd wait 60 days for $200 back.

Sucks it takes 60 days to get approved for your money back, then about another 10 to get the money deposited into your PayPal account after you authorize the transfer.

I used this to get my PS3 a few months back, and the cashback came in fine. I went ahead and got a new DS Lite. Cost $116 shipped before cashback, $83.15 after.

Before any of you try to get any extreme discounts, the T&C states that it limits it to $200 cashback maximum per transaction.

[quote name='Quintox']I haven't clicked the link, I meant if I search in Live.com, then leave that page up.[/quote]

Yes, that will work. I have done it before.

[quote name='el swordo']so what anything you find on ebay via msn search you get 30% off?[/quote]

Yup. I suggest buying now guys, because these things drop to about 5% really fast.

What if you aren't sure if it's been 60 minutes yet or not? Is there a way to reset the timer? For instance, i I do a new search and again click the link, will that reset the timer?

Not video game related but I just picked up the complete series of Robert Kirkman's "The Walking Dead" 1-49. Getting the $120 back partially justifies the purchase.

[quote name='xnonfactor']Not video game related but I just picked up the complete series of Robert Kirkman's "The Walking Dead" 1-49. Getting the $120 back partially justifies the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Christ I love the series too but not that much

[quote name='coolsteel']Christ I love the series too but not that much[/quote]

280 after rebates for what it has been going on Ebay is cheap. As time goes by it will just be getting harder and harder to find. I bid $350 last night for the complete series and now I am glad I lost. I am very seriously considering buying the Omnibus Vol. 2 while the 30% is going on.

Anyone have any luck with calling Paypal and begging for either the $25 off (CRTSY08JLY25) or the 10% (cjulyfun0810p)? I've heard calling works for the $25...

was going to buy FF 4 for DS but you can find them used for 24.50 at ebgames with 30% discount.

sucks there is nothing to buy.

Disgaea and that other game if you can find them on ebay should get 21 each ....

YES! Thank you so much! This is fantastic! I missed the 30% by minutes last time - I'm going shoping now.

guys.. just some advice.. dont waste this on small purchases..

i just dropped $500 plus on an item i had wanted and im getting a nice $170 back! :)

shit, never heard about this. How do i use this? I tried searching Boom Blox in Live search, and i can't find a 30% thing. Where is it located?

Like guyver said, go for the big items with this deal! I'm considering getting a new ipod classic. I just gotta do some fast research before I grab one though!

[quote name='blackbird3216']shit, never heard about this. How do i use this? I tried searching Boom Blox in Live search, and i can't find a 30% thing. Where is it located?[/quote]

Use something that will have a higher chance of the 30% discount showing like "Cheap wii" or something like that, then click the link and do a new search within Ebay on what you really want.

I'll tell you what I want what I really really want? So tell me what you want, what you really really want? ...I was distracted.

[quote name='menikmati']Would love to get a MacBook, but I don't need one right now...[/quote]
Keep in mind there's a limit on what you can spend. You can only max out up to $200 cash back, so that's around $667ish on what you can buy. Obviously if you got a $1000 MacBook for $800 that'd still be a good deal, but just a warning for everyone.

For those of you who can't decide what to buy, just leave the live search window open, as you can click it later even when the percentage goes down and still get 30 percent off.

bread's done
Back