Free PC Games: Area 51, Full Spectrum Warrior, more!

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
Here are some free games (only free becuase of the ads that appear before and after the game, but that's a small price to pay). Enjoy!

Full Spectrum Warrior (Metacritic 80):

http://files.filefront.com/Full+Spectrum+Warrior/;11928826;/fileinfo.html

The Suffering (Metacritic 80):

http://files.filefront.com/The+Suffering+Sponsored+by+the+US+Air+Force/;11846564;/fileinfo.html

Area 51 (Metacritic 67):

http://files.filefront.com/Area+51+Sponsored+by+the+US+Air+Force/;11928815;/fileinfo.html

Potential Ad Fix for Area 51:

[quote name='twen']Area 51 Ad "Fix"

www.twenzor.org/LAN/midway_area51_sw_fix.zip

1. Replace A51.exe
2. (Optional) Delete dfh folder for cosmetic purposes.
3. ???
4. Profit!

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated with nice-ness and metacritics. Never heard of RaF, but the others i'll definitely be downloading just to see if they're good. Never played any of them.

Update: Added two more

Update 2: And another

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I'm 99% sure that FarCry doesn't work anymore, and I'm also pretty sure the same goes for PoP and Rayman.[/QUOTE]

They seem to work....lol.....

Prince of persia isn't working for me...

Really wanted to play, lost it before I got to finish it...

Thanks for the rest though :)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I'm 99% sure that FarCry doesn't work anymore, and I'm also pretty sure the same goes for PoP and Rayman.[/QUOTE]

Looks that way. Updated.

Wow thanks for the links. I already downloaded Then Suffering a few days ago. I also bought Rise And Fall a few years ago. But I will download the other two games. I wonder if this will be a trend? Releasing older games for free with only beginning and ending ads.

Edit: I see that these are all Midway games. I wonder if this has anything to do with their current financial problems?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I'm 99% sure that FarCry doesn't work anymore, and I'm also pretty sure the same goes for PoP and Rayman.[/quote]

Does that mean that these games wont work after a while too?

[quote name='BrolyB593']Does that mean that these games wont work after a while too?[/quote]

It's not that they won't work after a while; it's just that you had to have installed the games before a certain date to play them. You also couldn't reinstall after that date.

The first Area 51 is awesome; the one where David Duchovney does the voice work. The second is pure trash and ruins an otherwise great (or what had turned out to be) a great series.

Why is the US Air Force sponsoring a game about fighting aliens at one of their secret research bases? Are they trying to tell us something?

Is it just me or am I the only one who can't play Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War. When running the exe as it extracts the files it says that some of them are corrupt or something. The other games DL and play just fine, but this has happened multiple times, I have tried to delete and redl it but still no luck.

[quote name='zalman']Why is the US Air Force sponsoring a game about fighting aliens at one of their secret research bases? Are they trying to tell us something?[/quote]

Yeah, get ready because they are coming! :lol:

I'll definitely look into getting one or two of those games, thanks man. Btw, to the person who didn't play POP, find it and finish it. Or better yet, you can probably get a copy of the three pack they came out with, with had POP: Sands of Time, POP: Warrior Within, and POP: The Two Thrones. All are well worth a playthrough. I guarantee it :)

Nice find. Thanks OP! I always wanted to play Full Spectrum Warrior, but for some reason, never got it. Here's my chance to enjoy it.

Area 51 is decent...a bit repetitive but you cant beat free..

The Suffering tho.....a damn fantastic game, well worth playing all the way through. The sequel, sadly, not so much...

DLing Area 51 and the Suffering. Thanks OP.

Also, does anyone know if the Suffering supports a controller. I think I prefer to play that with a 360 controller.

According to the filepfront website, Area 51 and Rise & Fall have a no time expiration - besides, free is free

Downloaded The Suffering, now Dling Area 51.

Also, as for the ad's in game, you can just click on them, and they will go away, no pop up or anything. Except for the last ad when you close out of the game, then if you click that your internet browser will load up with the page.

Ugh. I can't play Are 51 without getting motion sickness. Strange. The only other game to ever do that to me was TimeSplitters: Future Perfect...

[quote name='humanremains2']DLing Area 51 and the Suffering. Thanks OP.

Also, does anyone know if the Suffering supports a controller. I think I prefer to play that with a 360 controller.[/QUOTE]

With third-person, okay.

With first-person, you're crazy.

Did anyone else get a virus warning while downloading Area 51? Avast says it has a Virus/Worm called Win32:JunkPoly [Cryp]. Its too bad. I was interested in that game the most. The Suffering and Rise and Fall came up clean. Thanks for the links the_punisher. Free, ad-supported games is such an awesome idea!

[quote name='BrolyB593']So am I still the only one having trouble with Rise and Fall?

Ill try redownloading it for the 4th time I suppose[/quote]

yea i am having the same problem too and cannot figure out how to get it fixed.

[quote name='GoatCheeseBlues']Did anyone else get a virus warning while downloading Area 51? Avast says it has a Virus/Worm called Win32:JunkPoly [Cryp]. Its too bad. I was interested in that game the most. The Suffering and Rise and Fall came up clean. Thanks for the links the_punisher. Free, ad-supported games is such an awesome idea![/QUOTE]

Uh....no....lol

[quote name='jmchadd']yea i am having the same problem too and cannot figure out how to get it fixed.[/quote]

Thats lame, that of course, is the one I wanted the most, already had the others pretty much. Hopefully they fix it soon.

[quote name='jmchadd']yea i am having the same problem too and cannot figure out how to get it fixed.[/quote]

same thing over here. For me it says the 3rd file is corrupted. what about you?

Yeah, got a virus warning from Avast for Area51 as well. Nice. It's punishment for downloading a mediocre-at-best game, I guess.

Thanks, Filefront!

bread's done
Back