GGT 89 is my name and I'm a puppeteer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an actual source on "double touch screens" for DSi, or did someone mis-read? Because I don't see that anywhere credible.

Oh ho. The new one.

I've got all but one paragraph left on my precis, and I think it's pretty good for having looked at aprox. 8 pages total. Also, good work on making up a dude to interview. Classy :cool: I hope I can do something like that at some point :lol:

Does FFIV DS require a lot of grinding? And I like the idea of this redesigned DS. I'd love to have some Pokemon Silver dl'ed.

18900 yen. According to Google, that's 178.8318 U.S. dollars. So the DSi is a nice way to make the DS cost more while adding the ability to have DLC and DS Ware on it.

Brilliant.

hehe, I already posted the GT Phantasy Star Zero vid in the game-specific thread earlier today.

So far, the DSi is mostly what folks predicted. And so far, I'm not really excited.

Pachter also seems to be right about Wii HD...but now the speculators are saying 2011?

ok i cant even beat the demo level and also screw the 3rd elephant anyway for some reason i want to buy MM9 due to the graphics and music

I sure hope they bring TvC over here.

There were a few other games that looked interesting, but not enough was shown to solidify my interest.

It's a way for Nintendo to deprive us of a portable Nintendo system with non-hideous 3D capabilities for another 2 years or so.

What are import prices like? My b-day money may very well be spent on a DSI after I buy car shit.

Did ninfendo announce any awesome new games that make a wii worth it?

Sin and Punishment 2 and Punch Out are cool. Not enough to buy a Wii yet though.

The DSi is actually longer and doesn't have a GBA slot...lame. I'll stick to the DS lite.

[quote name='ninja dog']Sin and Punishment 2 and Punch Out are cool. Not enough to buy a Wii yet though.

The DSi is actually longer and doesn't have a GBA slot...lame. I'll stick to the DS lite.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Explain to me what the DSi is, because I just got out of bed and won't want to care.[/QUOTE]

nothing special. another iteration of the DS with a slightly bigger screen, no GBA slot, an SD card slot, and support for a "store", oh, and cameras.. It's basically trying to be an iPod touch.

I have two DS lites and I have no desire to get this DSi. I don't understand Nintendo's thinking here, why Nintendo why?

[quote name='SL4IN']I have two DS lites and I have no desire to get this DSi. I don't understand Nintendo's thinking here, why Nintendo why?[/quote]

Cause DS Lite sales are dropping in Japan. Gotta make more money printing machines. But it does make sense if you look at the DS timeline.
-2004: DS debut
-2006: DS Lite
-2008: DSi

So by this, expect another new DS in 2010.

Yeah, I think I'd rather keep the GBA slot than gain a way to play some shitty downloadable games. DS games already look like shit, so I can't imagine what downloadable ones would look like... 2nd generation trash!

Sacrificing the ability to play GBA games at the gain of a 0.3 megapixel camera and music playback is extremely lame. All I can hope, is that Nintendo realizes how big of a mistake they've made by doing, because now piracy will take no effort to do at all since they've practically handed to you on a silver platter by putting on board memory and an SD card slot.

I have a phone that has a 2.0 megapixel camera, plays MP3's and is touch screen. I also have an 80GB zune that I use for all my music purposes. Tell me, please, why I should buy this new abomination for roughly $200 when it comes out in the U.S. when my I already have other devices that already do what this "DSi" does (and better)? "Multimedia devices" FAIL in the video game market, the PSP is a prime example, and now sadly, the DS is becoming one as well.

The second there's "DSi" only games, I quit.

[quote name='SL4IN']Sacrificing the ability to play GBA games at the gain of a 0.3 megapixel camera and music playback is extremely lame. All I can hope, is that Nintendo realizes how big of a mistake they've made by doing, because now piracy will take no effort to do at all since they've practically handed to you on a silver platter by putting on board memory and an SD card slot.

I have a phone that has a 2.0 megapixel camera, plays MP3's and is touch screen. I also have an 80GB zune that I use for all my music purposes. Tell me, please, why I should buy this new abomination for roughly $200 when it comes out in the U.S. when my I already have other devices that already do what this "DSi" does (and better)? "Multimedia devices" FAIL in the video game market, the PSP is a prime example, and now sadly, the DS is becoming one as well.

[/quote]

It's not for you, it's for younger kids who don't have MP3 players or cell phones with cameras.

Also, just saw pics of the Marvelous game (oboro something or other) and Sandlot...THAT'S the kinda shit that'll get me to temporarily own a Wii :D

I hope they drop the price of the DS Lite, but I don't suppose they will. I need to get one for a christmas present.

That DSi doesn't look that great, I presume they've done something to try and stop DS piracy.

[quote name='ninja dog']It's not for you, it's for younger kids who don't have MP3 players or cell phones with cameras.

Also, just saw pics of the Marvelous game (oboro something or other) and Sandlot...THAT'S the kinda shit that'll get me to temporarily own a Wii :D[/QUOTE]
I think 5 year olds have cellphones at this point.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I think 5 year olds have cellphones at this point.[/quote]

maybe tweens and up in upper middle class families...

but it's clearly not aimed at the hardcore or older gamer at all. It's for kids to toy around with and for parents to stave off "buy me a $400 iPod Touch, Mom."

I don't get why people are continually surprised that nintendo doesn't give a shit about them. :lol:

[quote name='benjamouth']I hope they drop the price of the DS Lite, but I don't suppose they will. I need to get one for a christmas present.

That DSi doesn't look that great, I presume they've done something to try and stop DS piracy.[/quote]

No price drop for DS or Wii this christmas LINK

And by "try and stop DS priacy", you must mean, "make it easier" by adding on board memory and an SD slot.

They practically give away cellphones. I literally have like 15 phones in my house no one is using. I'm not disagreeing with you really, it's clear who it's made for. Which is why I'm not buying it.

[quote name='ninja dog']maybe tweens and up in upper middle class families...

but it's clearly not aimed at the hardcore or older gamer at all. It's for kids to toy around with and for parents to stave off "buy me a $400 iPod Touch, Mom."

I don't get why people are continually surprised that nintendo doesn't give a shit about them. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Naw, I've seen elementary school kids with cell phones.

And while yeah, that's only in upper class families, I wouldn't expect a lower-class family to be buying their kids a $150+ DS anyway.

Po' folk is somethin' else.

[quote name='ninja dog']
I don't get why people are continually surprised that nintendo doesn't give a shit about them. :lol:[/quote]

No company/dev/publisher gives a shit about anyone, don't single out to just Nintendo.

And if that wasn't the case, then Sony and Microsoft would have already shown me enough reasons as to why I should buy their consoles, but then again, that isn't the case.

Full list of Wii/DS games shown/announced.

:drool:

Don't care so much about the DSi (no GBA slot :whistle2:(), but at least it should put a whole lot of speculation to rest :razz:

Oh, and love the GGT title. I'm near the end of Rhapsody and should wrap it up today. Saw a dramatic scene yesterday that rivals certain ones in FFVII and Skies of Arcadia... really moving.

[quote name='SL4IN']
[/quote]Far as I know, the only game-relevant difference in hardware is the bigger screens, no? And the resolution is the same, so there's no real way to design a game specifically for the DSi, other than downloadable.

[quote name='SL4IN']No company/dev/publisher gives a shit about anyone, don't single out to just Nintendo.

And if that wasn't the case, then Sony and Microsoft would have already shown me enough reasons as to why I should buy their consoles, but then again, that isn't the case.[/QUOTE]
While maybe they don't cater to you, Sony and MS are still making games for the core gamer. That's what he meant.

[quote name='botticus']Far as I know, the only game-relevant difference in hardware is the bigger screens, no? And the resolution is the same, so there's no real way to design a game specifically for the DSi, other than downloadable.[/QUOTE]
Well, there could be games that require the use the camera (which makes a DS port of FFVII cell phone spinoff Before Crisis an even stronger possibility).

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']While maybe they don't cater to you, Sony and MS are still making games for the core gamer. That's what he meant.[/quote]

So, Fire Emblem, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Super Strikers, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, No More Heroes, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Tales of Symphonia 2, Fatal Frame IV, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Pikmin, Monster Hunter 3, No More Heroes, Punch Out, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and Trauma Center aren't meant for core gamers?

[quote name='SL4IN']So, Mario Super Strikers, Mario Kart, Punch Out aren't meant for core gamers? [/quote]

No.

No More Heroes, Tales of Symphonia 2, Fatal Frame IV, \Monster Hunter 3, No More Heroes,Tatsunoko vs Capcom,

Good thing those are Nintendo games m i rite.

[quote name='SL4IN']So, Fire Emblem, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Super Strikers, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, No More Heroes, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Tales of Symphonia 2, Fatal Frame IV, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Pikmin, Monster Hunter 3, No More Heroes, Punch Out, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and Trauma Center aren't meant for core gamers?[/QUOTE]
Out of everything there actually made by Nintendo, no I don't care about it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Out of everything there actually made by Nintendo, no I don't care about it.[/quote]

Glad to see we can dismiss things without even playing them!

Have fun playing Gears 2 in brown, brown, and more and more brown! Also, have fun with the hackjob of a framerate that is Warrior Orochi 2 on the 360!

Judging things is fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back