NBA 2K9 - 55.99 shipped

I'd recommend people wait to buy it until they fix all the glitches and shit in this game. I can't even remember an EA game this glitched. I can't play for 2 hours straight without the game freezing. It's happening to both the 360 and PS3 users.

2K said on their forums that they're working on stuff, but who knows when that's going to be.... maybe the game will be down to $40 by then.

[quote name='DemonGamer24']I'd recommend people wait to buy it until they fix all the glitches and shit in this game. I can't even remember an EA game this glitched. I can't play for 2 hours straight without the game freezing. It's happening to both the 360 and PS3 users.

2K said on their forums that they're working on stuff, but who knows when that's going to be.... maybe the game will be down to $40 by then.[/quote]
As far as glitch goes madden got tons so 2k and EA are just the same. I'll still buy this game instead of live.:applause:

[quote name='DemonGamer24']I'd recommend people wait to buy it until they fix all the glitches and shit in this game. I can't even remember an EA game this glitched. I can't play for 2 hours straight without the game freezing. It's happening to both the 360 and PS3 users.

2K said on their forums that they're working on stuff, but who knows when that's going to be.... maybe the game will be down to $40 by then.[/quote]

are you talking about live 09 or nba 2k9? nba 2k9 is not made by EA. EA has made crap basketball games for years, the live series has been awful the last few years. i am going to try to find a used copy of 2k9 at gamestop and hopefully save around $22 after using a coupon

[quote name='Raymond']This is a sport game. Wait for 2-3 months, and watch the price drop to like $30.[/QUOTE]

ok......

Many people want to play the game now, so you can't put a price on happiness, also this game will not drop $30, the most it will drop is $20, but realistically $10 in about 2-3 months

NBA 2k8 is still selling for $29.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...a+2k8&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1186007814662

Now please stop posting uninformative posts.

[quote name='tears2040']ok......

Many people want to play the game now, so you can't put a price on happiness, also this game will not drop $30, the most it will drop is $20, but realistically $10 in about 2-3 months

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...a+2k8&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1186007814662

Now please stop posting uninformative posts.[/QUOTE]

In defense of the previous posters, I bought NBA2K7 and NBA2k8, and BOTH years before xmas, amazon was selling it during a deal of the day for $20 for xbox 360.

It's true, wait 2 months, it can be had for $20-$40 cheaper (this year, I will wait), but most sports fans want to start the gaming season right when the real sports season starts, so I understand why ppl want to play full price.

[quote name='indy2029']In defense of the previous posters, I bought NBA2K7 and NBA2k8, and BOTH years before xmas, amazon was selling it during a deal of the day for $20 for xbox 360.

It's true, wait 2 months, it can be had for $20-$40 cheaper (this year, I will wait), but most sports fans want to start the gaming season right when the real sports season starts, so I understand why ppl want to play full price.[/QUOTE]

A deal of the day is not the same, heck I bought Gears of war for $39.99 a month after release on a deal

I bought Mass Effect, GtaIv, and Halo 3 all less than $45.00 brand new day 1........

Sports games do drop prices fast, but it will not drop $30 until at least 6 months after release, you might see a $10.00 drop in a month or $20 in 3 months but that's about it.

I bought NBA2k9 at best buy, if it drops anywhere within a month I will get it price matched...., so.........

peace

i heard 2k8 is bad... this may be off topic
but how about 2k9 pc? it's only 19.99
i think it's a gd deal for those who won't play online

I never said 2K was made by EA... I just said that I've never even seen an EA game as glitchy as 2K9 is... you know, because EA usually makes crap games.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']This years Live is actually better than 2K9. I bought it yesterday.[/quote]

Meh. EA's basketball games have been far, FAR worse than 2K's. They won't be a better basketball game until they stop with the arcade type gameplay.

2K8 was awesome, I've bought 2K basketball since wwaaay back. I remember when they sold their games for $20 at release one year.

For anyone who has prime, Amazon has this for $56.99 or if you feel more comfortable with just ordering from Amazon instead

[quote name='Raymond']This is a sport game. Wait for 2-3 months, and watch the price drop to like $30.[/quote]

Yeah, I myself plan on holdin' out for awhille. $30 is the highest I'll pay for any sports game :cool:

I remember last winter Amazon sold NBA 2K8 for only $28, but I didn't know it was gonna sell out that quick >_

[quote name='tears2040']ok......

Now please stop posting uninformative posts.[/quote]

You are on a video game deals website.... do you REALLY think you won't be able to find something in a month or two that will get you this game for about $35? Hell, all you need to do is find a Gamestop with a used copy and you could already buy this for about $38 with the 20% (+10% with edge) off of used games.

Stop, anything about gamestop/used/edge etc... is a bunch of nonsense. That is not a deal, gamestop does not do deals, they are selling over priced scratched up discs with no case or book and giving people pennies on the dollar

Stop it, this "wait and the price will drop" is a meaningless post and off topic.

[quote name='expane']Stop, anything about gamestop/used/edge etc... is a bunch of nonsense. That is not a deal, gamestop does not do deals, they are selling over priced scratched up discs with no case or book and giving people pennies on the dollar

Stop it, this "wait and the price will drop" is a meaningless post and off topic.[/quote]

I got Soul Calibur 4 a little over a month ago for $35. Disc looked new, came with manual, and case was good too. Tell me, where else could I have gotten it that cheap immediately? I won't forget to mention that I also traded it in about a month after buying it for $35... yup, the same amount I payed for it.

You are missing out on a lot of GOOD deals with your ignorant hatred for Gamestop/EB Games. I'm willing to bet you bought a popular PS2 game that came out 6 years ago that's been played by 37 different people and now you think every game comes in horrible condition.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']amazon had 2k8 for about $30 before christmas last year? hmmmm...im gonna have to wait then and hope they have a deal on 2k9 then[/QUOTE]

you should wait...especially if you're tight on funds. There are only about 2 ppl here that are adamant on purchasing near full price on day one, when most of us will wait on a 50% off deal which will happen by christmas.

Great game loving the new online teams although everything is REALLY buggy right now with all online modes as usual for 2k. I'm holding out untill I can find it at GS using a coupon and edge for a 30% drop on a used copy. Glad my rental pass doesn't expire till later in the month when all the big games start coming out play it while I wait haha.

Why the hate for Gamestop, don't make stupid trade-ins and work all the promotions and coupons and they are a great store. Hell wait a week and get almost any new release for $40+tax using the 30% off coupon.

[quote name='$hady']Great game loving the new online teams although everything is REALLY buggy right now with all online modes as usual for 2k. I'm holding out untill I can find it at GS using a coupon and edge for a 30% drop on a used copy. Glad my rental pass doesn't expire till later in the month when all the big games start coming out play it while I wait haha.

Why the hate for Gamestop, don't make stupid trade-ins and work all the promotions and coupons and they are a great store. Hell wait a week and get almost any new release for $40+tax using the 30% off coupon.[/quote]

Yeah... you would assume that someone on a VIDEO GAME DEALS website would be bright enough to understand that 30-35% off of a recently released used game is a good deal.

Wasn't the reason Amazon had for NBA 2k8 for $28 was because it was matching Target Black Friday Ad.

So it might happen again if none of you are in hurry to pick it up.

bread's done
Back