Scammed by Herbsnverbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canquain

Banned
Herbsnverbs was going to buy my Wii $400 in Cash. So he said sinc ei had no TR i had to go first so i sent the Wii he got it yesterday. I sent him about 2 PM's yesterday and before he even recive the wii he told me he would send the cash Tuesday or Wednesday Mourning. so then after he recived the wii i gave him a day to respond to my pms he never responded he logged in today and he still never PMed me back. So im guessing hes a scammer. So what should i do because he wont respond to my PM's?

Send your complaints to a moderator. There's two of them available (in the 'who's online' section) right now.

It sounds like he may be ducking you, but I think its too early to be calling him a scammer.

How many feedbacks did he have?

He only has 3 iTrader. Also the thing is he said he would ship when he received tracking number and the information was confirmed and he never sent it out he made up excuses.

Give em a few more days...sometimes things do come up, if he had 3 itraders and it was 100%, id bet something came up and hes not scamming ya.

If it goes for more than a week, id say then something is seriously up.

Canquain, I understand your panic but you should releax just a bit, at least for another day or two. Worst case scenario is that he is scamming you. But you have his name, address, and a written agreement between the two of you. I'm sure it will be no problem filing a dispute and getting whats rightfully yours.

give him a couple of days, even though he logged in he could be busy and intend to respond back to you later. If he still doesn't, notify a moderator.

In the future, when you're selling something expensive like a console you should probably ask for payment first. Cheaper stuff like games isn't too bad to send first.

[quote name='Canquain']I always ask for payment first then they back out because i have an itrader of 1.[/quote]

Honestly, the majority of online traders and sellers use paypal. I know some honest people that don't, but when it comes to something as expensive as a console and they refuse to send payment first, thats a big red flag.

It might loose you a couple of great opportunities but I would restrict my selling to just paypal, the most reliable way of receiving payment.

I wish I could help you out somehow. I really hope that he just signed on for a minute to check things then had to sign off. I know I sign on sometimes from work or class to bump my thread but don't have time to respond to people. Just give him another day or so. If he lives in North FL or South GA I may can help.

To you all saying sit a wait,you will change your tune when you get had,wait my ass....

Get the mod involved now and start calling this tool,also contact trollhunters.com they are the best and if they can help they will.

I cannot belive this place does not have a SAFETRADE set up for situations just like this,TGN has one setup,all it takes is a memeber / mod with perfect 100+ feedback to act as a middleman and hold the payment till the goods have arrived and cleared,simple.

Good luck man,hope it works out but gun to my head,you have been ripped hard by this troll.

Just relax for another day or so. This really is a good community and I am sure people will help out the best they can. If I lived in Ohio I could help.

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']Can someone list the names or tell me how to identify a mod on this forum? I have a question ive been meaning to ask, thanks[/quote]

A mod appears in white in the online user list at the bottom of the main page,

Not to jump to conclusions here, but canquain you have a single trade, and this other guy has a total of 3: What the hell are you guys doing trying to complete a transaction like this with that much feedback? Not to mention that, even if he seemed honest, a feedback of '3' does not warrant you sending first...

Well ya i get that if its an expensive item don't go first. :/ Im just really upset here and i think im not going to get anything...

[quote name='dragonjud']Not to jump to conclusions here, but canquain you have a single trade, and this other guy has a total of 3: What the hell are you guys doing trying to complete a transaction like this with that much feedback? Not to mention that, even if he seemed honest, a feedback of '3' does not warrant you sending first...[/quote]

That is what I thought. He should have paid first since the feedback was only 2 difference, and both very low. Someone asking for money first, and it isn't though paypal is a bad sign to me unless they just had a load of feedback. I hate to judge the guy,but the name he used really stuck out to me for some reason.

I do agree...like said, systems and things that are 100, 200 + and 400 even moreso, you no matter what hold your ground to get the payment first.

Even if you went and did a few small transactions with people and built your FB up to 5 or 10...and then you can at least have a stepping stone to work with someone that will pay up first.

Well i just looked and his itrader and read it. It just says good Communicator and Fast Seller and what not. His feedback dosent seem legit is hould have read it better.

I may be in the same boat as you (though I'll withhold judgment for a few more days)... we both agreed to ship out a few games to each other on the 4th (since we had the same feedback), and while he received his games on the 6th, I've yet to receive anything from him. Granted, it has only been 5 days. He did respond to my PM, inquiring as to whether or not I received the games yet. Still, I too am weary (a little more so after reading this thread). Hopefully things work out for the both of us...

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']I may be in the same boat as you (though I'll withhold judgment for a few more days)... we both agreed to ship out a few games to each other on the 4th (since we had the same feedback), and while he received his games on the 6th, I've yet to receive anything from him. Granted, it has only been 5 days. He did respond to my PM, inquiring as to whether or not I received the games yet. Still, I too am weary (a little more so after reading this thread). Hopefully things work out for the both of us...[/quote]

Man, this herbs guy is making quite the rep around here.

[quote name='Canquain']Well i just looked and his itrader and read it. It just says good Communicator and Fast Seller and what not. His feedback dosent seem legit is hould have read it better.[/quote]
It seems legit enough to me. You never know though, I was scammed by a guy with 19 feedback. It might be someone else using his account. I would give it another day or two and if he doesn't respond, report him to a mod.

Sounds like you guys got scammed. I'd quickly act on this and do what you can before you wait to long and he hauls ass, it's been done a few times before on here.

He only had 3 feedback, that's nothing. It could have been a game and a few codes and he got his feedback.
It's not being paranoid to start investigating, as it seems the OP isn't the only one dealing with this guy and a possible scam.

Next time, I'd advise dealing with higher and more respectable traders until you, yourself get to the higher ranks and make other people trade first. It was a bad move on your part, but you didn't deserve it.

[quote name='DarkRequiem']

He only had 3 feedback, that's nothing. It could have been a game and a few codes and he got his feedback. [/quote]
These are his three trades according to his thread:
-Scarface :dvd: & 1 month Xbox Live for The Darkness - Darth007
-5.70 for Killer Instinct (SNES) - Foo228
-Arcade Complitation Disc for 15.00 PP - Rizzo

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']do you have the guys name and address ?[/quote]
Yes have his name and address currently reporting him/her to IC3.

[quote name='Gombay']These are his three trades according to his thread:
-Arcade Complitation Disc for 15.00 PP - Rizzo[/quote]

Two of those is something he bought which he paid first. I don't really pay attention to feedback like that. I would have passed on this guy. Hopefully you get your money or wii back.

[quote name='Gombay']These are his three trades according to his thread:
-Arcade Complitation Disc for 15.00 PP - Rizzo[/quote]
Might as well have been codes.
I thought you said he didn't have paypal?
Yet, it shows 15.00pp for an arcade complication disc?

Well, he couldn't of made a transaction through paypal if he doesn't have paypal, and apparently, he had made a paypal transaction, according to one of his previous transactions.
So, he lied to you.

[quote name='Canquain']Well right there thats proof he is a scammer.[/quote]

It's evidence, it isn't proof. I used to have paypal, but no longer do. I did away with it after some problems via Ebay, and am better off for it. Don't confuse proof with evidence.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']I may be in the same boat as you (though I'll withhold judgment for a few more days)... we both agreed to ship out a few games to each other on the 4th (since we had the same feedback), and while he received his games on the 6th, I've yet to receive anything from him. Granted, it has only been 5 days. He did respond to my PM, inquiring as to whether or not I received the games yet. Still, I too am weary (a little more so after reading this thread). Hopefully things work out for the both of us...[/quote]

Since you both agreed to ship at the same time, did you get a tracking number from him to see if anything was ever sent? Otherwise how would you know if your items were actually sent "at the same time" (not trying to sound like a jerk while asking this btw)?

EDIT: I was going to point out that it looks like he used Paypal for one of his past transactions and he lied about not having Paypal to the OP, but Dark Requiem beat me to it hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back