- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIX

#4861 GuardianE   S-Rank CAGiversary!   4479 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

ATTENTION GUARDIANE:

Where in MD do you trade?

lol, you know, there is a PM function? PM me and I'll tell you.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#4862 rygdy   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   5 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

That's terrible and you're lucky.

This is your lucky day buy a lotto ticket

#4863 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16447 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

Ready for this... So i went to BB to buy my Dark Knight on Bluray, purchased it got in my car and threw it in the front seat. Continued down the road to a gamestop where i bought Legendary, Oblivion and Monster Jam. Got back in the car peeled off all yellow stickers and put the stack of games on top of Dark Knight. So then i continue down the road to the next BB which was about 1.5 miles away, get out of the car with the stack of games in my hand and headed towards the counter. I put the games down and when she grabbed them there was a copy of Dark Knight on the bottom of that stack. Well my dumb ass didnt put 2 and 2 together so when she got to the copy i said" Oh thats not mine I just have the 3 games im trading" So i got my credit purchased call of duty and left. Got back in my car went about a mile down the street and noticed my Dark Knight was not there!!! I was so pissed because now how am i gonna explain this. So i went back and told the lady "i am an idiot and that was my copy of Dark Knight" AHHHH so she was confused and i had to explain what i did, However she was a smart employee cause she looked at her recieved manifest of how many copies she got delivered to the store and believed me cause she had 1 extra copy. Thank god

Wow, you are lucky dude. That's reeeeeally bad, lol. Forgive me, but how did it not cross your mind that it was strange that the same movie you JUST bought just happened to be at the bottom of a stack of games you just brought in?

I can understand grabbing the whole stack by mistake, but upon seeing it at the bottom, that really should have set off an alarm, haha. And then you even tell her "no, that's not mine." lol. Damn dude, you really must have been on autopilot. I hope you pre-ordered something to thank her, haha ;)

#4864 akokonas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

akokonas

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Even if i did get screwed out of Dark knight I guess it wouldnt be that big of a deal considering all the credit i earn for trading games in to them. It would be like giving back to the community and i would look at it as that especially since its Holiday season.

#4865 akokonas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

akokonas

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

Wow, you are lucky dude. That's reeeeeally bad, lol. Forgive me, but how did it not cross your mind that it was strange that the same movie you JUST bought just happened to be at the bottom of a stack of games you just brought in?

I can understand grabbing the whole stack by mistake, but upon seeing it at the bottom, that really should have set off an alarm, haha. And then you even tell her "no, that's not mine." lol. Damn dude, you really must have been on autopilot. I hope you pre-ordered something to thank her, haha ;)

Well if you go into BB today The Dark Knight is everywhere in that store. You just cant imagine all the copies they have to sell, its ridiculous

#4866 Geekquisitions   Evil Incarnate CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Geekquisitions

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:01 PM

Kb has wii 3 packs for 39.98 , b2g1 and 20% off. 9 kiddy wii games for $64. Lucraive if they get at least $10 each
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4867 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:11 PM

kb as in kb toys?
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#4868 Geekquisitions   Evil Incarnate CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Geekquisitions

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

Bundle 1
rock and roll adventures
Purr palls
Action girls racing

Bundle 2:
Ultimate board games collection
Winter sports
Williams pinball

Im on the road, anyidea on tivs?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4869 Geekquisitions   Evil Incarnate CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Geekquisitions

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

kb as in kb toys?

yes
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4870 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

wow, i might have to check this out. where is this 20% off?

rock and roll adventures supposedly gets 10.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#4871 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16447 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:29 PM

Well if you go into BB today The Dark Knight is everywhere in that store. You just cant imagine all the copies they have to sell, its ridiculous

Well yeah, that I can understand. But right under your stack of games? Wouldn't you notice if you set your games down on top of TDK? lol...sorry, it's a little amusing. I'm glad it all worked out in the end. But damn, talk about a close call!

#4872 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11454 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:30 PM

Just a little extra info to those who are flipping Oblivion GOTY... if you own a 360 and a regular copy of oblivion, install the GOTY content before trading it in. Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles for free, that's all I'm saying.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#4873 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

Just a little extra info to those who are flipping Oblivion GOTY... if you own a 360 and a regular copy of oblivion, install the GOTY content before trading it in. Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles for free, that's all I'm saying.

good idea, if i only had a 360. hopefully soon with all of this.

DVD List (75% complete)

#4874 stone1061   Flip today, Play tomorrow CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

hmmm. never played it but it looked interesting. so i can get a regular edition to keep, install the expansions off the goty, then trade it in. isnt the regular edition only 14.99 at bb?
Posted Image

#4875 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

Im on the road, anyidea on tivs?

Per phone calls just now:

Rock and Roll Adventures - $9
Purr Pals - $13
Action Girls Racing - $6
Bundle 1: $28

Ultimate Board Games Collection - 13
Winter Sports - 13
Williams Pinball - 9 (actually called Pinball Hall of Fame, right?)
Bundle 2: $35

Versus a 'real' price of $21.32 per bundle.

#4876 vanilla_shakin_it   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

vanilla_shakin_it

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:40 PM

hmmm. never played it but it looked interesting. so i can get a regular edition to keep, install the expansions off the goty, then trade it in. isnt the regular edition only 14.99 at bb?

I remember I did this a long time ago with the copy I rented from gamefly. It can be installed an unlimited amount from one disc and as long as you don't delete both expansions they won't ever expire. It easily adds another twenty hours to the game and they are both really fun.

#4877 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11454 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

Not sure on the price of the regular, but yeah. The content is on disc 2, and installs directly to your HDD. I just did it on mine. Gonna have to wait until tomorrow to trade them in, though.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#4878 irishsoccermbw   User was banned for this post CAGiversary!   6166 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

Per phone calls just now:
Purr Pals - $13
Action Girls Racing - $6

Only a real man would have the balls to call and ask for the trade in value for those two games :applause:

#4879 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

kb toys, is the 20% a coupon or...

DVD List (75% complete)

#4880 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11454 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

Only a real man would have the balls to call and ask for the trade in value for those two games :applause:

And an even better man would have the balls to take them in to trade himself, without some "it's my kids'" excuse. :D

#4881 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

:twisted:

#4882 nietzsche74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

nietzsche74

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

Anyone recall how much BB\GR is selling Call of Duty 4 (360) used? Might consider flipping a Oblivion GOTY if it's around $35.

#4883 Warner1281   Pissing off customers CAGiversary!   3048 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

so has it been confirmed that the B1G1 is going to be on only $14.99 and under games?

Negative. I'm the only employee that's posted any info about it. Most likely, a memo regarding the sale won't be made available for general employees until the 16th or 17th. I only found out about it because I was listening in on my DM's conference call with his boss. I'm sure they'll want to keep the news quiet as long as possible since they want to sell as many of the cheaper games as possible at full price before launching into the sale to get rid of the crap.
Posted Image

#4884 nietzsche74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

nietzsche74

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

Ready for this... So i went to BB to buy my Dark Knight on Bluray, purchased it got in my car and threw it in the front seat. Continued down the road to a gamestop where i bought Legendary, Oblivion and Monster Jam. Got back in the car peeled off all yellow stickers and put the stack of games on top of Dark Knight. So then i continue down the road to the next BB which was about 1.5 miles away, get out of the car with the stack of games in my hand and headed towards the counter. I put the games down and when she grabbed them there was a copy of Dark Knight on the bottom of that stack. Well my dumb ass didnt put 2 and 2 together so when she got to the copy i said" Oh thats not mine I just have the 3 games im trading" So i got my credit purchased call of duty and left. Got back in my car went about a mile down the street and noticed my Dark Knight was not there!!! I was so pissed because now how am i gonna explain this. So i went back and told the lady "i am an idiot and that was my copy of Dark Knight" AHHHH so she was confused and i had to explain what i did, However she was a smart employee cause she looked at her recieved manifest of how many copies she got delivered to the store and believed me cause she had 1 extra copy. Thank god

If I was her, I would have given you a brethalyzer test on the spot before letting you back to your car.:beer:

#4885 king007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

Uncharted (ps3) still gets $23 at BBV. $14 at Target.
Ran through 2 red vanillas and 1 black vanilla card. Now only if it read american express on that black visa....:D

#4886 Geekquisitions   Evil Incarnate CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Geekquisitions

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:41 PM

hanks guys! I'm going to retrn the actionngirls and get all winter sports bundles
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4887 Shady07   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

How much is Dark knight blu-ray at BB?

#4888 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4539 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

TIV
360 Elder Scrolls IV: GOTY $35
360 Sega Superstars Tennis $12
360 Wall-E $19
360 Lego Indiana Jones $19
360 Beijing Olympics $22
PS3 NBA 09 Inside something $26
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#4889 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4539 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

I remember I did this a long time ago with the copy I rented from gamefly. It can be installed an unlimited amount from one disc and as long as you don't delete both expansions they won't ever expire. It easily adds another twenty hours to the game and they are both really fun.

Great, I find this out after I just traded in a copy, and no other copies are within my area :(
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#4890 vanilla_shakin_it   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

vanilla_shakin_it

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:55 PM

How much is Dark knight blu-ray at BB?

29.99. It sells on amazon for 23.99 so since I paid credit I didn't mind paying extra. They still sell their dvds for the obscene 24.99 amount.