General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Jimbo Slice is hosting a quiz with prizes!

Click Here to Take the Quiz!

Be smart and be honest!

and when ur done:

"MISSION COMPRETE!"

SdmRlntCsplySDCC08.jpg

sfiv-ryu.jpg

In prep and for SFIV's release, the very sexually attractive
and always on top man AsianX has compiled this beautiful
list to tag up, beat up, and greet up for the tidal wave of
happy pain from SFIV:

no-bitchassness.jpg

FGT “Both” Consoles:

Name: B:L
XBL/PSN: **Send PM To B:L For Gamertag/Username**
Main: Zangief/Balrog/Dan

Name: distgfx
XBL/PSN: Uraizen/Uraizen
Main: Abel/Ken/C.Viper/Fei-Long

Name: djbooba
XBL/PSN: djbooba/djdewicon
Main: Abel/Zangief/Balrog/M.Bison

Name: HeavyD853
XBL/PSN: HeavyD853/HeavyD853
Main: Ken/C. Viper/Fei-Long

Name: MarkMan
XBL/PSN: MarkManSDT/MarkManSDT
Main: TBD

Name: Smallwind
XBL/PSN: Z3R0 GaME/SmallWind
Main: El Fuerte/Rufus/M. Bison/Rose/Cammy

Name: Suko_32
XBL/PSN: suko32/suko_32

FGT “PS3” Console:

Name: asianxcore
PSN Username: asianxcore
Main: Abel/Blanka/Rufus/Sagat

Name: DarthPuma
PSN Username: DarthEmoPuma
Main: Ken/C. Viper

Name: gigan54
PSN Username: gigan54
Main: E. Honda/Zangief/Ken

Name: Inf^Shini
PSN Username: Inf_Shini

Name: Mr. Beef
PSN Username: ProfessorBeef
Main: M. Bison/Dan/El Fuerte/C. Viper

Name: Option.IV
PSN Username: option-IV
Main: M. Bison/Sagat

Name: refusedchaos
PSN Username: refusedchaos
Main: Ken, Abel

Name: Rolento
PSN Username: Rolento
Main: Dan/Abel/Fei-Long

Name: Trajin
PSN Username: trajin
Main: Balrog/Bison/Vega/Abel/Ryu/Zangief + TBD

Name: Dom Lando
PSN Username: DomLando
Main: Ryu/Sagat/TBD

FGT “Xbox 360” Console:

Name: BlueSwim
XBL Gamertag: **Send PM to BlueSwim for Gamertag**
Main: Cammy/M. Bison/Ryu/Ken/Chun-Li/Guile + TBD
**Note: BlueSwim will be on “48-Hour XBL Trial” on SFIV Launch**

Name: BustaUppa
XBL Gamertag: Busta Uppa

Name: buttasuperb
XBL Gamertag: **Send PM to buttasuperb for Gamertag**
Main: Guile/Balrog/Akuma

Name: Chacrana
XBL Gamertag: Chacranajxy
Main: Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Gouken (?) + "Non-Shoto" TBA

Name: FloodsAreUponUs
XBL Gamertag: **Send PM to FloodsAreUponUs for Gamertag**
Main: Ken + TBD

Name: xGunCrazyx
XBL Gamertag: xGunCrazyx
Main: Chun-Li

Name: gunm
XBL Gamertag: Violent Usagi

Name: Hankmecrankme
XBL Gamertag: VikingLongwood
Main: Sagat/Zangief

Name: JEKKI
XBL Gamertag: JEKKISTYLE

Name: Jimbo Slice *aka* JimFoley
XBL Gamertag: **Send PM to Jimbo Slice For Gamertag**
Main: Sagat/Balrog/M.Bison/Abel/Rufus/Gen/C. Viper/Dan/Zangief

Name: KainZero
XBL Gamertag: joooooooooeeeee

Name: Ninja Dog *aka* Apossum
XBL Gamertag: mamesj

Name: PatFortenbaugh
XBL Gamertag: TROY FOLEY
Main: Ryu/Guile/Abel/M.Bison/Akuma

Name: PhrostByte
XBL Gamertag: DimaBraun
Main: Blanka/Gouken/Akuma

Name: jer7583
XBL Gamertag: Son Of A Beep
Main: Chun Li/Rufus

FGT SFIV PC *Pending*:
Name: Chacrana
Name: Hankmecrankme
Name: xGunCrazyx

FGT *Pending* New Consoles/Other Consoles Versions of SFIV:
----------PENDING Xbox 360----------
Name: Darth Puma (XBL Gamertag: Darth Puma)
Name: refusedchaos (XBL Gamertag: Fatal Futanari)
Name: Dom Lando (XBL: DomLando)

----------PENDING PS3----------
Name: JEKKI (PSN Username: JEKKI)
Name: gunm (PSN Username: gunm14)[/quote]​

2259566762_794c1dd06d_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
did the arcade stick thread go away too? I was going to read through some of the stuff in there since I was probably going to dump some good money into one in january. :(

Anyway, been playing alot of the import of Capcom vs SNK match of the millennium 2000 Pro on dreamcast that I got for $10 new. Good time.

awesome blueswim! But, not so awesome that it got closed.

Anyway, gonna bookmark it so I can come back to it later, but regardless, the discussion for that thread should wholeheartedly continue on in here!

I can't believe no one wants to gameshare the online mode in the gamesharing thread lol.

I'll have it by this weekend, regardless.

Huh, it wasn't closed when I posted the link.

I guess most people buying sticks are using them for fighting games anyways.

Anyone know a good site for tekken newbies, that like shows the combos you need to know for characters?

I'm digging Asuka, or whatever her name is.

Is everyone still sticking with Tekken 6: BR on PS3? I'm getting the game and I only have a 360 and I don't wanna play alone......

[quote name='DarthPuma']Anyone know a good site for tekken newbies, that like shows the combos you need to know for characters?

I'm digging Asuka, or whatever her name is.[/quote]

Have you tried MarkMan's sdtekken.com?

*hugs thread* Never leave again!

In other news, I've been playing some 3S, and I've been tinkering with Q...and I regret it. ;( I've been getting a bit better with Yun, however. Not good enough to use his custom combo super, but better, nontheless.

Tekkenzaibatsu isn't half bad... might be a bit crazy though.

I'm getting T6 BR on PS3... it's the lead platform plus the d-pad and buttons work better for this game.

[quote name='SL4IN']Is everyone still sticking with Tekken 6: BR on PS3? I'm getting the game and I only have a 360 and I don't wanna play alone......[/quote]

I only have a 360 and there's no way I'm not getting Tekken. Hopefully by then I won't be as broke and I can afford to get it on release date.

That's the problem with it. It's too crazy for me, and I get confused once I pop them into the air, therefore rendering it useless. I'll stick to "Yoo-Hoo" for now.

wtf happened to the old thread?

And i'll probably be getting Tekken 6: BR on 360. Although I have both, it's by FAR my console of choice. I'll roll with the Mad Catz SF4 stick so I'm not worried about d-pad / button layout

[quote name='Mr. Beef']*hugs thread* Never leave again!

In other news, I've been playing some 3S, and I've been tinkering with Q...and I regret it. ;( [/quote]:rofl: Q isn't all that bad.

Man I came back from school and apparently a whole bunch of shit went down!

and it wasn't even in a fighting game!

Oh well, I got Yakuza yesterday so woo

I've been playing 3S in MAME, using my keyboard.

Half-circles are extremely difficult to pull off using WASD; two full rotations for Hugo's Giga Breaker is just nigh impossible :(

Anyone tried playing online using Kaillera?

sniping, try using ggpo if you haven't already. There are plenty of people playing 3s on there using a mame based system.

ggpo.net

btw, I personally favor one thread for fighting games instead of the new FGT every time we hit the 500 mark. Saves me the trouble of having to search everytime I forget to check the thread around 500 posts. Me thinks they're trying to cut down on the clutter. I hope they unify those dang OTT threads.

RR, looks like you're going to have to make one hell of an OP.

lol wtf happen?!?!?!

lots of stuff?!?!?! someone went emo??

am I being watched by Big Brother?!?!?!

umm... I like E Honda

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']I've been playing 3S in MAME, using my keyboard.

Half-circles are extremely difficult to pull off using WASD; two full rotations for Hugo's Giga Breaker is just nigh impossible :(

Anyone tried playing online using Kaillera?[/quote]

I used to play a good amount of MAME.. I got so proficient at keyboard that it became my weapon of choice. I could pull of half circles no problem, even full circles sometimes. But I use the arrow keys and not WASD... I use ASDZXC to punch/kick though.

Oh yeah, was never that big into 3S but I got pretty good at SFA2 on keyboard. I used to use Kawaks a lot.

please thread, never leave!

so i'm ok at 3S. i use urien, makoto, and alex. i'm trying to learn yun too.

GGPO's the way to go for online fighting. which reminds me... if anybody's interested, i'll be in the 3S or garou rooms ;)

[quote name='gigan54']please thread, never leave!

so i'm ok at 3S. i use urien, makoto, and alex. i'm trying to learn yun too.

GGPO's the way to go for online fighting. which reminds me... if anybody's interested, i'll be in the 3S or garou rooms ;)[/quote]

Yeah I forgot you kids use GGPO now... that's definitely the way to go as far as fighters go.. it surpassed Kawaks/Nebula a long time ago.

Shouldn't it be called something like "General Fighting Game Thread Turbo" since there won't be any more numbered threads? Like maybe making a mention of the current thread number & some sort of tribute to the previous threads in the OP instead? Just a thought.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Shouldn't it be called something like "General Fighting Game Thread Turbo" since there won't be any more numbered threads? Like maybe making a mention of the current thread number & some sort of tribute to the previous threads in the OP instead? Just a thought.[/quote]

note taken ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']note taken ;)[/quote]

Okay. Now it feels like the Fighting Game Thread!:cool:

Why the fuck is the arcade stick thread closed? That is a USEFUL resource for anyone looking for information...

???

I don't understand this at all...

[quote name='MarkMan']Why the fuck is the arcade stick thread closed? That is a USEFUL resource for anyone looking for information...

???

I don't understand this at all...[/quote]

I think linkin wanted the arcade stick merged with the fighting game thread. But I'm not sure since he (if it was him) simply locked that one , not merged it like with the fighting thread and the others. But I can't say for sure.

[quote name='MarkMan']Why the fuck is the arcade stick thread closed? That is a USEFUL resource for anyone looking for information...

???

I don't understand this at all...[/quote]

Yeah, I don't really get it. Technically, arcade sticks are used for more than just fighting games, albeit a smaller number of gametypes, but enough to warrant its own thread. And that thread had details about getting deals of sticks, modding, new releases, sticks for right games, compatibility.

The fighting game thread is just talking about upcoming and present fighting game releases, strategies, news. I think it's worth having two threads.

Damn, didn't get much gaimez in yesterday, just some Brawl. I meant to get some KoFXI practice in, but Heroes came on, and I just forgot the world existed. Wanted to get some Shen/Oswald/Duck practice in, too. Any good advice for someone who forgot how to play Duck?

I was just informed that MK vs DC Universe was delayed on Amazon.com... which is weird because it's not delayed anywhere else.

It has a release date of November 30th.

So, I'm window shopping for an arcade stick right now, because I'm saving up money and going to buy one in January. So, I'm looking for recommendations on what I should buy, I'm familiar with sticks a little, but there's still quite a bit (I think) I need/should learn. I'm looking for any advice anyone in here can give me on what to look for/consider purchasing. Here's the rundown:

I'm going to have about $140 available to spend. I'm mostly looking to get a PS2 stick, so I can use it will all my PS2 fighters, and I'd be able to buy a total control plus 3 so I can use it on my DC fighters as well. I'm most likely going to mod it (put custom artwork and new buttons and stick), so I'm looking for a pretty durable stick. Any tips/suggestions?

I'll throw my hat in the joystick shopping discussion as well. Do you think I could save some money by shipping out my existing X-arcade stick and having someone convert the innards into something that was 360-compatible? Or would that probably just cost the same as ordering 2 new sticks from scratch (I have the 2-player X-arcade unit)?

I know the higher-level fighter community doesn't think too highly of that stick, but I like the fact that the the thing always gets attention when people see it in my apartment, and it's a good hook to entice people into playing!

Sorry if this has already been posted, but the Street Fighter Tribute Art Book put together by Udon is now available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1897376987

I pre-ordered the thing and it gets delayed for me, so I had to send them an email. Amazon really does just muck up their pre-orders. But in any case, it's looking to be pretty.

[quote name='SL4IN']I'm going to have about $140 available to spend. I'm mostly looking to get a PS2 stick, so I can use it will all my PS2 fighters, and I'd be able to buy a total control plus 3 so I can use it on my DC fighters as well. I'm most likely going to mod it (put custom artwork and new buttons and stick), so I'm looking for a pretty durable stick. Any tips/suggestions?[/quote] Depends if you like Japanese style stick (HRAP) or American style (MAS System stick).

[quote name='SL4IN']So, I'm window shopping for an arcade stick right now, because I'm saving up money and going to buy one in January. So, I'm looking for recommendations on what I should buy, I'm familiar with sticks a little, but there's still quite a bit (I think) I need/should learn. I'm looking for any advice anyone in here can give me on what to look for/consider purchasing. Here's the rundown:

I'm going to have about $140 available to spend. I'm mostly looking to get a PS2 stick, so I can use it will all my PS2 fighters, and I'd be able to buy a total control plus 3 so I can use it on my DC fighters as well. I'm most likely going to mod it (put custom artwork and new buttons and stick), so I'm looking for a pretty durable stick. Any tips/suggestions?[/quote]

I can't speak about modability, but the Street fighter 15th Anniversary arcade stick is excellent. I don't think it will come anywhere near $140, either.

[quote name='SmallWind']Depends if you like Japanese style stick (HRAP) or American style (MAS System stick).[/quote]

I don't really have a preference as I've never had tons of exposure to home arcade sticks. Would you mind educating me on the differences between them (feel, responsiveness and such)?

I already miss the joystick thread. It was very useful for several reasons, including links to stuff at Hori's website and stuff at SRK. Whatever. I'm so thrilled the retarded OTT vs. GGT pissing contest managed to wipe out some good threads.

Anyhow, I broke down and bought Street Fighter Alpha off the PSN store yesterday. I realize it isn't a perfect port but waaaaaaay back in 1995, it was the game that prompted me to sell a bunch of Sega Genesis/Super Nintendo stuff and buy a Playstation. In hindsight I should've gotten a Saturn and the Saturn version but whatever, I was only like 16.

[quote name='SL4IN']I don't really have a preference as I've never had tons of exposure to home arcade sticks. Would you mind educating me on the differences between them (feel, responsiveness and such)?[/quote]

American Style (HAPP):
- bat style stick
- feel stiffer

Japanese Style (Sanwa/Seimitsu):
- lollipop style stick
- shorter than HAPP
- feels light

Also checkout these links:
- http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/attributes_brands.html
- Japanese Parts FAQ
- American Parts FAQ

Status