Don Cheadle to replace Terrance Howard in Iron Man 2.

Don Cheadle doesn't look tough enough. Plus i can never picture him without the British accent form the ocean's movies.

i like cheadle and yeah hes better than terrence howard i think they should have picked the guy from spawn. i forget his name but hed make a pretty good rhodes. thats odd though lat i heard howard wanted to do the sequel so maybe cheadle was originally offered the part and turned it down. or the guy who played captin sisko in ds9 but hed probably be too tall.

[quote name='JolietJake']Damn, Avery Brooks would be great.[/quote]

Man I would love that, but he's near 60 now.

*edit* He's 60 on the dot. His birthday was October 2nd.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I think they're both pretty soft spoken guys. They need a deep voiced Black man to be Rhodey.[/QUOTE]
As always, this is your answer:

2yvsyyw.jpg

Deebo?! He did save everyone in The Dark Knight... It just clicked that they have a perfectly good War Machine already on the cast...
alternative-tropic-thunder-poster_273x406.jpg

[quote name='CouRageouS']I think they're both pretty soft spoken guys. They need a deep voiced Black man to be Rhodey.[/quote]

I volunteer. :cool:

[quote name='CouRageouS']It just clicked that they have a perfectly good War Machine already on the cast...
[/quote]

Why not? Downey already looks like Cheadle when he's blacked.

[quote name='JolietJake']Damn, Avery Brooks would be great.[/quote]

At first, I thought you were talking about Uncle Phil - James Avery, and not Captain Sisko of DS9. James Avery would've been awesome, since he did the voice of Rhodey on the animated series. I had also always hoped he would play Shredder in a live-action Ninja Turtles movie.

Yeah, I find this very disappointing (and pretty dumb on Howard's part). I've got nothing personal against Cheadle, but I hate cast changes.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I think they're both pretty soft spoken guys. They need a deep voiced Black man to be Rhodey.[/quote]
Avery Brooks is pretty deep voiced, you ever see Spencer for Hire? Hawk was the motherfucking man in that show.

[quote name='camoor']What an idiot.

I've seen him in some movies, but this was his chance to really raise his profile.

Surely that's worth a few mil[/quote]

Yeah really. Why would he walk away from a good thing like Iron Man? Unless he got a look at the script and thought it was a let down. Then he might know what he is doing.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Deebo?! He did save everyone in The Dark Knight... It just clicked that they have a perfectly good War Machine already on the cast...
[/quote]

Multiple roles in a single movie--that's Oscar material right there.

Well, since we're just throwing names out, how about:

dennis_haysbert.jpg
OR
omar-epps-5.jpg

or what about bokeem woodbine hed be a damn good rhodes especially if he grew a beard. i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt wish they could get samuel l jackson to do it even though they already had him do that bit as agent fury. Delroy Lindo would have made a good choice too if not for the age. shit i just thought of someone perfect Eamonn Walker hed be the best for rhodes.

mv5bmty4mdcwmzm3of5bml5yt0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheadle is awesome, but like a lot of other posters here, I don't think he's right for the role. He's probably capable of doing a good job though.

I like Cheadle..I like Howard...but I gotta say that Howard did a fine job and would have been perfect to keep going with this role..it really is a shame because they were looking to add Warmachine into the mix.

[quote name='Layziebones']Michael Clarke Duncan[/quote]

He already played Kingpin in DareDevil (which for some reason I liked). I know these new movies are a new Marvel continuity, but I don't see it happening.

And I can't believe no one said Michael Dorn yet!

[quote name='JolietJake']Don Cheadle doesn't look tough enough. Plus i can never picture him without the British accent form the ocean's movies.[/quote]

Everytime I see him, I think of his role in Boogie Nights. Like the Rick James outfit fosho.

[quote name='lmz00']Why not Terry Crews?[/QUOTE]

I second Terry Crews. If they used him he would have to break out in a song and dance just like he did as Cheeseburger Eddy, His character from White Chicks, and his character from Click.

[quote name='shieryda']Man, I hate it when Hollywood changes actors for sequels!:bomb: It seems that Howard is as confused as we are about the decision to go with Cheadle:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27285884/

By the way, wasn't Nick Fury a whitey in the comics?[/quote]
Yes and No
Nick Fury is white in the regular marvel comics and black in the ultimate marvel comics.

Why not Samuel L. Jackson like somebody else said? He could play both...

Then they could have both characters in the same scene and do an old fashioned split screen. It would be fantastic.

[quote name='JolietJake']....ok you just lost all credibility.

This should be Rhodes.

a_man_called_hawk_02.jpg
[/quote]

That's the best suggestion I've heard in this thread.

[quote name='shieryda']Man, I hate it when Hollywood changes actors for sequels!:bomb: It seems that Howard is as confused as we are about the decision to go with Cheadle:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27285884/
[/quote]

That sucks. He did a great job with the role - it was diff from the comics but who cares as long as it works. He's a great actor and IMO Cheadle is an ahole for stealing the role like that.

they are going with the fury from the ultimate universe (i think) which explains why he is black

Anyways i hate when they recast....

I don't care for recasts, but this sounds like it was Howard's fault IMO. I could have sworn they said they had signed all the cast to a three picture deal before the first movie was released anyway? It wouldn't make sense to do a deal for each actor on a picture by picture basis.

bread's done
Back