GameGavel.com - The Gamer's Auction Site - In Lieu of Ebay's 2011 Fee Update Madness!

ChaseTheChuckwagon

CAGiversary!
CAG Approved :)

ChaseTheChuckwagon.com has seen respectable growth in only 7 months surpassing the 1,000 member mark and then some. For those of you sick and tired of Ebay, their wacky fees and policy changes, come breathe some fresh air and join the fastest growing auction site dedicated to the hobby we all love.

We have a fast growing gamer / collector communtiy and an increasing amount of auctions averaging around 2,000+ auctions a day and growing. New stuff , old stuff and everything inbetween. Lots of buying and selling activity.

I will be appearing as a guest on Coin-Op TV LIVE next Thursday, October 23rd to continue my efforts to spread the word. So there is no better time to join the site and get some listings going.

Please consider joining if you haven't already and try bidding or listing some items. There is no charge to join, and the listings are free so you've nothing to lose.

Escape Ebay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dawg -

Thanks for checking us out. Let everyone know what you think. Hope you register and look around the site.

FREE LIFETIME SELLER ACCOUNTS UP FOR GRABS:bouncy:

Also, to sweeten the deal and pull some of you over to try us out the next 25 CAG members that respond to this thread (in addition to you Dawg) -- I will comp you into a lifetime seller membership. This will entitle you to run free auctions for ever on the Chuckwagon. No fees whatsoever, ever again. I sold about 30 of these memberships over the past two months for $50 each. Consider this getting in on the ground floor of something good :)

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']
FREE LIFETIME SELLER ACCOUNTS UP FOR GRABS:bouncy:
[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a great offer, so please count me in! I'm not a career eBay seller, so you certainly won't lose much money from me for the occasional items I have to sell. I always seem to forget about eBay's discounted listing days, so this will likely help me move items more regularly.

[quote name='soonersfan60']This sounds good. Count me in. What are the final value fees like on your site?[/quote]

With your free membership there are no final value fees. But here they are:

No listing fees

Final Value Fees ($0-$100 3%, $101-$1000, 2%, $1,000+ 1%)

No Photo Upload Fees - load upto 24 free photos

Free Seller Storefront/Homepages

Free Seller Promotional Tools

Community Member Forum so you can get to know who you are buying and selling with.

Monthly listing contests to win $100 Cash

Home Page Featured "Auction Talk" Podcast & RetroArcadeRadio.com

+ Lots More :)

And, we aren't going to dissappear a year from now. I can guarantee you that. Our growth has been exceptional and I can probably thank Ebay a little for that.

I would be interested in the free listing membership as well.

I wil go over and check it out, do we do that now or wait for you to somehow invite to get the lifetime seller deal?

[quote name='Chrasilis']Oh, also, I already registered under the same alias. Chrasilis is my Chuckwagon ID. :)[/quote]

Ok. Going in and comping your account now :applause: Done deal. Free auctions for you !

[quote name='Napegator']Hey! I'd like to get in on the seller accout too! i've already registered ChaseTheChuckwagon
also with the same user name: Napegator

:applause: :D[/quote]

Thanks for registering and I didn't even need to prod you with a free membership :) Anyway, you are free now. Try running some auctions when you can. And check out lots of the newer games up for auction, I think there are some Cheap Ass Deals to be had.

[quote name='coleipoo']I am sick of ebay and the outrageous prices, so I made an account: coleipoo

Looks like I can find some old gems here![/quote]

Your account is now comped. Free auctions for you my friend :bouncy:

[quote name='DAWG26']Just registered under plisken26.[/quote]

You are now the owner of a Lifetime Seller Membership On The Chuckwagon. I wonder what this will be worth someday??

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']You are now the owner of a Lifetime Seller Membership On The Chuckwagon. I wonder what this will be worth someday??[/quote]

I hope that you meant now instead of not :rofl:

Is so thanks alot!

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']You are now the owner of a Lifetime Seller Membership On The Chuckwagon. I wonder what this will be worth someday??[/quote]

Considering I paid about $35 dollars last month in listing and selling fees on Ebay, it may already be pretty valuble to me.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I just signed up as pitfallharry219.[/quote]

Dang, we must be getting bigger we have two memebrs using similar PitfallHarry usernames :) You're account is comped Pitfall !!

[quote name='PR Mega X']I'll definitely look into this (most likely when I'm not at work), so I'm interested in the free listing membership as well ;)[/quote]

I will hold one for ya :) Let me know when you register (PM) so I can get your account comped.

I just registered. I had to pay 150 in listing and eBay fees last month. So I'll give it a try. Just registered as evilomar. I may put up a few things sometime this week. The free listing fee is a great idea.

[quote name='evilomar']I just registered. I had to pay 150 in listing and eBay fees last month. So I'll give it a try. Just registered as evilomar. I may put up a few things sometime this week. The free listing fee is a great idea.[/quote]

It's all free for you now my friend. No listing fees, no selling fees and no listing enhancement fees. Nothing --

But please reserve the "Featured Home Page" and "Featured Category" areas for your best items. We don't want to see tons of common stuff listed here :)

And your listings will get you entered into a drawing to win $100. We run this listing contest every month. Details are here on our forums: http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Enjoy not paying anything ever again !!

I'm going to try to list some stuff over the next couple days to try this out. I got rid of a lot of stuff last month on Fleabay (racking up about 70 bucks in fees) but I'm sure I can find a few more to get rid of :) HONEST Z'S CIRCUS OF VALUES rides again!

[quote name='ZForce']I'm going to try to list some stuff over the next couple days to try this out. I got rid of a lot of stuff last month on Fleabay (racking up about 70 bucks in fees) but I'm sure I can find a few more to get rid of :) HONEST Z'S CIRCUS OF VALUES rides again![/quote]

Nice. A couple things you and all you new sellers need to know about.

We offer free seller tools like homepages and storefronts and also a cool promotional tool that creates a nice clickable list of your auctions you can cut and paste into these forums to promote your Chuckwagon auctions.

Here's how to find these things:

Log in to your members area and click on Seller Tools. Then along the right side of the page you will see a Preferences area. Here you can do a few things including adding your paypal payment address so a paypal button will be imbedded within your invoice to the buyer, you can type in your default shipping and payment terms so you don't need to do it when filling out your individual auctions, you can also click on Homepage Content and easily create your own Chuckwagon storefront and get a unique Chuckwagon URL you can use as part of your forum sigs and blog posts.

Also in the seller tools area you will see in the bottom left corner an option "Lists For Promotions". This is an awesome tool that uses a drop down menu to highlight specific auctions, then it give you a sweet cut and past list of these auctions you can use to promote in the forums.

I hope you all try some of these tools out as just like when using Ebay, self promotion is key to bringing in more bidders.

And here is a great thread running discussing our members experience using the Chuckwagon VS. Ebay: http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Enjoy your memberships y'all :applause: There are a few more memberships up for grabs so come and get'em.

Are we allowed to set our own methods/prices for shipping and handling? I generally charge only cost of shipping + travelling to post office + packing material on Ebay and use first class for 1-2 game packages or media mail for strat guides. I notice you have guidelines listed on the seller policies, I just want to make sure I don't stray away from what you're looking for (I was charging $3 for a single game 1st Class on ebay or single guide Media Mail)

[quote name='ZForce']Are we allowed to set our own methods/prices for shipping and handling? I generally charge only cost of shipping + travelling to post office + packing material on Ebay and use first class for 1-2 game packages or media mail for strat guides. I notice you have guidelines listed on the seller policies, I just want to make sure I don't stray away from what you're looking for (I was charging $3 for a single game 1st Class on ebay or single guide Media Mail)[/quote]

You are def free to use your own S&H fees. These guidelines are just in place to prevent all the $1 Buy It Now but $25 Shipping people and the like. You've seen'em on Ebay but not on the Chuckwagon :)

[quote name='xmrblondex']registered as xmrblondex
waiting on the activation password[/quote]

Your account is comped. You should have received your pw by now. If not let me know sometimes they have issues getting through spam blockers and things.

[quote name='NWgamer666']My username is:
usausausa

If I get free membership I will sell my copy of skate for the 360.[/quote]

You are comped. Get it listed :)

Can i ask a question in regards to no listing fees. I dont like to pay fees more than the next guy, but I always felt that the no listing fees policy would flood ebay with a bunch of fake listings. Is that a worry for you?

I know amazon charges nothing for listing fees, but they are somewhat strict on users listing in every category.

Thoughts there?

[quote name='Snake2715']Can i ask a question in regards to no listing fees. I dont like to pay fees more than the next guy, but I always felt that the no listing fees policy would flood ebay with a bunch of fake listings. Is that a worry for you?

I know amazon charges nothing for listing fees, but they are somewhat strict on users listing in every category.

Thoughts there?[/quote]

So far hasn't been an issue. I guess if that starts happening it will be dealt with by booting the abuser off the Chuckwagon. I have a team that monitors everything quite closely :) Your account is comped by the way.

One of the nice things about having no listing fees is you can break up some of your lots that you would normally sell on Ebay and sell things off individually without incurring a listing fee for each item. Sometimes indivitially run auctions will do better as a whole than a lot.

Thanks.

For a frame of reference, if anyone wants to know: I sold a Kirby SuperStar Ultra this week on ebay. After the fees and the mandatory Paypal fees, ebay took 21%

bread's done
Back