Da 808 State

demo808

CAGiversary!
I don't know if there is already one for Hawaii.

So for all of you who live in the 808 state. Post any information you would like to share pertaining to deals and upcoming events that is going around the island.

Please only informations that deals with GAMING.

Here's is an update for GS:

A new GS by Safeway in town just opened up and they are doing a B2G1 promo. Don't know how long that will last but they just started this week.

Do you know if this is going on still? And if so be still going next week? That would be money, as I am picking up Fallout 3 & Little Big Planet Tuesday and would also get Rockband 2 then with this deal.

Edit:
Actually I probably will be heading there tomorrow when I stop by the Safeway, will report back with an update then.

If you didn't know yet. BBV still has the 2.99 promo on old gen games, 50% off on new games and now B1G1 deal. Deal be the journey....

BBV at Salt Lake Shopping Center has GTA4 (360) NEW for $14.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up:

Kahala BBV and Likelike BBV is not accepting any trades at this moment. Can someone verify which BBV are?

Don Quijote (near Ala Moana) has Tales of Vesperia for $36.88.
Who would have thought?
If anyone wants picture proof / even reads this thread, let me know.

Hey guys, i know this might be late but i saw multiple copies of Fire Emblem:Shadow Dragon for 22.99 @ Kmart near the Stadium. The register still rings the game @ 29.99 but ask for a price adjusted.

I haven't been able to find any of the clearance items listed in the Kmart clearance thread at both the Kmart near the stadium and the one in Waikele.
Bummers.

Anyone been out to the new Target in Salt Lake? Soft opening today and the grand opening this weekend. Just wondering if there are any deals to be had, including clearance deals?

Anyone been out to the new Target in Salt Lake? Soft opening today and the grand opening this weekend. Just wondering if there are any deals to be had, including clearance deals?
I'll check it out tomorrow after I get out of class.

[quote name='btt']I'll check it out tomorrow after I get out of class.[/quote]

Thanks. I'm new to this part of the CAG forums. Are they only about 4 or 5 people who post here?

Nothing at Salt Lake Target.

Thanks. I'm new to this part of the CAG forums. Are they only about 4 or 5 people who post here?
No clue. I'm fairly new myself.

[quote name='btt']Nothing at Salt Lake Target.

Thanks for the info.

What kind of consoles does everyone here have? I just recently got a PS3 so am downloading some free demos to see what kind of games to get. So any good PS3 game (no matter how long it has been out) would be of interest to me.

I got no deal to post, but I'm glad to see other Hawaii people that actually care about deals.

Hey guys, been out of the loop for awhile.
BBV updates:
All PS2 games is on sale ($9.99) the one close by NEX.
50% off all new games PS3, 360, Wii by Pearl City (better prices compare to Ala's and Kahala) Can someone check if Hawaii Kai and Kaneohe has better prices.
All old gen games are $2.99 by Waipio

I doubt that we'll get any clearance prices from Target, probably in 6 months we'll start having them.
Kmart clearance's, we have our own YMMV so don't even look at the thread pertaining to it.
Lataz'

Gah you Oahu guys.
Maui only get K-mart and Wal-Mart.
Doesn't help that the superferry is down too.

Anyway greetings from Wailuku, Maui.

50% off all new games PS3, 360, Wii by Pearl City (better prices compare to Ala's and Kahala) Can someone check if Hawaii Kai and Kaneohe has better prices.

I can confirm this. Another CAG "boneless" informed me of these clearance games and at the BBV near Ala Moana i picked up Mirror's Edge NEW (360) for $19.95.

Other games that stood out for me were PoP ($30.00) and MK vs DC ($30.00)
Mirror's Edge (PS3) was $24.95.
I'll probably check out the Pearl City one sometime this week.

[quote name='demo808']Hey guys, been out of the loop for awhile.
BBV updates:
All PS2 games is on sale ($9.99) the one close by NEX.
All old gen games are $2.99 by Waipio[/quote]

I never went to the Pearl City one so I dropped by today. Do you have to get them to scan the games to see the 50% off price? Because some older games still had $59.99 stickers on them. Madden 09 collector's edition had sticker of like $80+

I never went to the Pearl City one so I dropped by today. Do you have to get them to scan the games to see the 50% off price? Because some older games still had $59.99 stickers on them. Madden 09 collector's edition had sticker of like $80+
The games with the pink stickers should be the only games that were dropped.
Then again it's worth a shot...

Anyone know if the recent BBV drops (Bioshock/Uncharted) are active in any HI BBVs?

I haven't seen any of those at the Hawaii Kai, Kahala, and Ala Moana stores. I still saw new Mirrors edge for $20 and Quantum OS for $25 at Ala M except xerox for cover art. If you need to transfer BBV credit to GS, HK still has about 10 GTA IV with sell used at $10 and TIV $14. Most of the prices on the BBV thread are correct.

Thanks for the heads up. HK is kind of far for me. I'd be pissed if they didn't let me hoard all 10 copies. :D

The one by Salt Lake had nothing. Anyone get there before Sunday?

Then I went to the Pearl City one and saw some games but none that I was looking for. I decided to pick up bulletwitch for $5 but when they scanned it, it still showed up as $50. I tried to get them to press the total button to see if it would dropped but they fed me the "No, our prices are what it scans at and can be different from other stores" line. I might try again later if drive by there later this week. Any ideas of what to say besides the my friend did this earlier line?

anyway so wheres everyones "area?" I go to the Mililani one every now and then.. and sometimes on my way home from work, Ill stop by the Pearl City one

[quote name='boneless']What are you looking for? I've pretty much hit all the ones in town and can probably remember where has what.[/quote]

ds games
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Professor Layton
Clubhouse games
The World Ends with You

Guitar Hero 3
Bulletwitch
Blue Dragon

was mainly looking for those but if you can recommend a good ds/360 game [or a wii game for little kids] that you saw somewhere, that'd be great.

[quote name='menewbe']ds games
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings If you mean the one with the black cover, probably Ala Moana but xeroxed cover art. Hawaii Kai had used for cheaper, but call them first
Professor Layton Haven't seen anymore, bought the last at HK, sorry :whistle2:#
Clubhouse games not sure
The World Ends with You was looking for it too, no luck

Guitar Hero 3 not sure, I saw kits at Kaheka and HK, try Kaheka first
Bulletwitch not sure
Blue Dragon I might have seen a used one at HK but can't remember price

was mainly looking for those but if you can recommend a good ds/360 game [or a wii game for little kids] that you saw somewhere, that'd be great.[/quote]

I saw new Wii Wario Shake at Kaheka because I almost bought it ($20 maybe?). Kids may like that. Also had new Lego Batman for 360 for $20-25 which I heard is good.

Basically it boils down to these:

Ala Moana - average to good DS, 360 and Wii selection, majority with no original cover art, especially the DS

Kaheka - smaller selection, but has stuff the others don't like Wario shake and lego batman

Kahala - smallest selection, price is meh, worst store for me

Hawaii Kai - my favorite so far but has much less new stuff, more used, or the new is more adult like GTA IV or Fallout 3, seems to have the cheapest price but could be my imagination. I know used here is definitely cheaper than all the others, they do have a well stocked "new" cart with ample 360 stuff

Hope this helps

I was conveniently near some BBV today and saw what's left. Even though there's supposed to be a clearance sale on new, don't forget to check used too. I picked up Condemned 2 for $5 at Ala Moana. There's still alot of stuff out there. HK still has a PS3 Fallout 3 CE and Brothers in arms CE. There's a a PS3 GTA IV CE at Kaheka.

Picked up a copy of Folklore (PS3) at Sears Ala Moana for $14.97. It is still tagged $59.99 and there are 3 copies left.

I guess there's some silent CAGs here. I went to Sears today and got the last copy.

News must travel really fast around here...
Anyone know if they are putting games on clearance @Target yet?

If anyone here is planning to hit the Best Buy sale on Sunday, looks like you won't have much problems with stock. I went to Iwilei and there's plenty of QoS with T-shirt for PS3 and 360, and most other games on the list. The others were stickered but didn't check to see all. I was at Aiea earlier in the week and no stickers, but plenty of QofS t-shirt for 360, and I'm guessing at least some of the other games.

BTW, don't bother for MLB'08 in Iwilei, I got the last one. :roll:

[quote name='IamFlip']Any of BBV stores still takes game trade-ins?[/quote]

I think they all are. I think only the new games that were marked down and any new trade-ins are being shipped out to mainland.

Who went to BB today? I was going to go but I ended up reinstalling starcraft and played it all night and next thing you know its 7 am. took a nap until 9am then asked myself if I really wanted to drive down there, but the chance of being disappointed [which BB is good at] told me to forget it and I just went back to sleep.

on another note.. anyone here got a spare wired M$ 360 controller for cheap?

I was one of the guys that pre-purchased. Got MLB'08, QoS, NFL head coach, and chinatown wars. When I went at 4pm, they still had most of the stuff except SC and Pure which were sold out to begin with.

Nothing was there when I went after work. Luckily I was able to head down to Sears Pearlridge with the BB ad and PM Soul Calibur 4. Of course all of my co-workers had to get a copy after that too and we each got a copy for $6.99 before tax. Sorry boys and girls, no Soul Cals left :(

Walmart near Ala Moana still has a lot of SC4's left. Just bring the ad.

PS. Shoutout to boneless. Picked up my first penny guides tonight at BB thanks to that sexy guy.

[quote name='btt']Nothing was there when I went after work. Luckily I was able to head down to Sears Pearlridge with the BB ad and PM Soul Calibur 4. Of course all of my co-workers had to get a copy after that too and we each got a copy for $6.99 before tax. Sorry boys and girls, no Soul Cals left :(

Walmart near Ala Moana still has a lot of SC4's left. Just bring the ad.

PS. Shoutout to boneless. Picked up my first penny guides tonight at BB thanks to that sexy guy.[/quote]

You have learned well grasshopper :bouncy:

BTW anyone know if Sears of Walmart has Pure? And if a BBV near them is still taking trade-in games?(not for flipping Pure, that's for me) I called all the BBV in town and they stopped taking in trades.

BTW anyone know if Sears of Walmart has Pure? And if a BBV near them is still taking trade-in games?(not for flipping Pure, that's for me) I called all the BBV in town and they stopped taking in trades.

Walmart near Ala Moana has Pure for 360. They will find any reason not to PM though so good luck with that!

Just checked out Pearl City Walmart for Pure. They had it but they wouldn't PM because BB didn't have it in stock.

PHAIL :(

Came back from BB aiea and got
WWE SvR 2008 [not stickered, 1 left],
NHL 2k9 [a few left, thought NHL 09 was $10 but thats still $60]
QoS w/ XL Tee [not stickered, i think 7 left? on the low shelf in front of the 360 games]
50 dvd-r verbatims $13 [last one on floor though some dvd+r still there]

total $45

wanted pure, sc4, IU, and samba but i dont think they were even there to begin with

other stuff i saw when quickly browsing:
007 Quantum of Solace
Clive Barkers Jericho [1 left i think]
Fracture [1-2 left]
NFL Head Coach 09
NFL Tour
NHL 2k9
Rock Revolution
Spiderwick Chronicles
Universe at War
WWE 2008 [1]

wii
Naked Brothers Band W/Microphone [lots]
Petz Crazy Monkeyz
Popstar Guitar [lots]
Rubiks World
Tales Of Desperaux

ds
Prince of Persia
Quantum of Solace
Tecmo Bowl
Ultimate Band

[quote name='menewbe']Came back from BB aiea and got
WWE SvR 2008 [not stickered, 1 left],
NHL 2k9 [a few left, thought NHL 09 was $10 but thats still $60]
QoS w/ XL Tee [not stickered, i think 7 left? on the low shelf in front of the 360 games]
50 dvd-r verbatims $13 [last one on floor though some dvd+r still there]

total $45
[/quote]

The Iwilei is out of t-shirt QoS. I guess there were a few CAG that couldn't make it on Sun. Mostly the junk stuff left. The shirt's not too bad, it just says 007 on it, not QoS or pic of the guy.

Hawaii Kai BBV still has a bunch of new clearance games available, especially good stuff for the PS3 Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Mirror's edge, etc.......man, this last week has been killer on wallet.

bread's done
Back