BIOSHOCK 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Pushed to 2010

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I thought Bioshock 2 was supposed to be a prequel? The little sister in that teaser is all grown up.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's a confirmed sequel, so, yeah, I don't really understand the grown up sister either. We'll just have to wait and see I guess...

isnt it safe to assume that the little sisters in the game weren't the only little sisters to ever exist? they're one generation of them, but there would also be previous generations that had grown up already prior to the events of Bioshock

[quote name='KingBroly']So Bioshock 2 is going to star the girl from Mirror's Edge, but in a dress?[/QUOTE]Free-swimming over the rooftops of Rapture...

Can't say I can get excited over a trailer that shows me....nothing. A girl standing on a beach holding a doll and sand moving and forming shapes. I look forward to a Bioshock 2 but I wish they would have put out a better trailer, one that actually gets you excited for the game even if it's a long way off.

So...why was this thread moved? Man, so many threads on CAG get moved when they shouldn't be, or at least, not to the right section. Since Bioshock 2's going to be multiplatform (why advertise it on PS3 if it isn't coming to PS3?) it should be in GGT, not 360. Seriously.

While that is still pretty cool, it doesn't really show us anything new except for a crappy subtitle.

Still though, I can't wait for Bioshock 2.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...why was this thread moved? Man, so many threads on CAG get moved when they shouldn't be, or at least, not to the right section. Since Bioshock 2's going to be multiplatform (why advertise it on PS3 if it isn't coming to PS3?) it should be in GGT, not 360. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, man. Take something from the PS3 version and show it in the 360 thread.

That makes perfect sense.

Sister's all growed up, it would appear.

[quote name='wcraigw']Can't say I can get excited over a trailer that shows me....nothing. A girl standing on a beach holding a doll and sand moving and forming shapes. I look forward to a Bioshock 2 but I wish they would have put out a better trailer, one that actually gets you excited for the game even if it's a long way off.[/quote]

The doll is a Big Daddy if that does anything for you.

Viral site up:

attachment.php

http://somethinginthesea.com/

:whee:

Not much info on the site, but it's pretty cool...reports of people seeing a red light underwater...girls aged 5-7 being kidnapped...strange footprints found on the beach.

Man, that site alone got me all hyped up...this is sick!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Viral site up:

attachment.php

http://somethinginthesea.com/

:whee:

Not much info on the site, but it's pretty cool...reports of people seeing a red light underwater...girls aged 5-7 being kidnapped...strange footprints found on the beach.

Man, that site alone got me all hyped up...this is sick![/quote]

Consider me OFFICIALLY HYPPPPPPPEEEEEDDDDDD!

This will finally give me the focus and motivation to finish the first game. I was in the middle of infiltrating Ryan's offices while finishing my research and planning on starting a new game for the bad ending soon after that, but got sidetracked by the rest of my library.

Certainly one of the SCARIEST games I've played in a long damn time. I actually had to give myself a pat on the back for continuing through it, haha.

I can't wait for the April edition of GI though something tells me the release date will be slated for next year ala Mass Effect 2. ;(

So... people are posting the details of the article along with various thoughts/musings on the subject of Bioshock2 on the 2K forums. For those adverse to any spoilers, I will just link to the thread. It sounds rather interesting.

[quote name='DCriminal']So... people are posting the details of the article along with various thoughts/musings on the subject of Bioshock2 on the 2K forums. For those adverse to any spoilers, I will just link to the thread. It sounds rather interesting.[/quote]

it sounds awsome, cant wait.

This is going to be very hit or miss, mainly the story will need to be stellar if this wants to succeed. I'm already skeptical about the 'Big Sister'...i can see the story behind this but we'll see.

I almost wish they weren't making this. Hopefully it is great like the first one, but something tells me this is going to be a massive let down.

Not really thrilled with the prospect of playing as a Big Daddy, part of the creepiness of the first one was that you played as an outsider who didn't belong initially.

Someone care to explain to me why, as a Big Daddy, you move so damn fast?

That video makes the game look really uninspired if you ask me.

I Don't know. Kinda want to see or hear more. Loved Bioshock 1 and thought it lived up to the hype (despite the Little Sisters looking creepy as shit and had no remorse in killing them), but this looks more like Bioshock 1.5 then it does a full on sequel. Oh well, I'll still get it probably.

[quote name='KingBroly']Someone care to explain to me why, as a Big Daddy, you move so damn fast?

That video makes the game look really uninspired if you ask me.[/quote]
Oh, I thought you played as a Big Sister?

The game looks great - everyone was freaken out so I assumed it was going to look radically different from the 1st one, but it seems like much more of the same greatness.

Can't wait. Even my GF was excited and she rarely gets excited over game reveals.

You play as the original big daddy or something, who is skinny and can shoot guns and stuff (or something).

He's basically just stolen concept art from the first bioshock on alternate big Daddies, which seems pretty lame to me.

I'm going to wait and see how it pans out, but my hopes aren't too high (although the gameplay video was somewhat convincing).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']OMG! OMG! OMG!!!! :whee:

That was absolutely beautiful, I can't believe it looks better than the first.[/QUOTE]

Oh, pish-posh. It looks the same, dude. It looks good, but it looks the same.

My reaction watching the clip was "huh, given how amazing and unique the aesthetic of the first game was, now that I'm seeing the sequel in action for the first time, I'm surprised how unimpressed I am with this footage. It looks recycled.

Then the big sister (?) knocked the windows in.

:shock:

woah!

[quote name='KingBroly']Someone care to explain to me why, as a Big Daddy, you move so damn fast?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go with "so it doesn't suck."

it looks good.. i dont expect insanely improved visuals since i doubt they modified the original engine much...

i never did beat part 1. this should look beautiful on pc

While the graphics and gameplay did look good, I am not worried about those things.

The main thing that I am worried about is the story. Honestly, if Bioshock didn't have it's awesome story, I never would have finished it. The gameplay and graphics were cool, but got boring quickly. However, the story was absolutely awesome, and was what kept me going.

Well the man who was responsible for most of the great story aspects was Ken Levine, and with him not working on this I am just not sure if 2K Marin can pull it off.

[quote name='javeryh']Looks like more of the same... which I guess is a good thing since Bioshock is one of my favorite games ever.[/quote] This.

[quote name='darthbudge']Well the man who was responsible for most of the great story aspects was Ken Levine, and with him not working on this I am just not sure if 2K Marin can pull it off.[/QUOTE]

Apples and not-quite-apples, my man.

The narrative of the first game came from scratch. The second one has a deep framework and narrative. It's more confined, so there's less room to expand - but that also means less room to fuck shit up.

It's like this: John Gardner wrote some decent fiction books in the James Bond universe. But I doubt he could have created Bond. That could only have come from Ian Fleming.

bread's done
Back