OTTcast #3: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
The god of scientology.

xenu981205072.gif

Went to my nephew's birthday at Chuck E Cheese's. It's been over 10 years since the last time I've been there and wow, has everything gone to hell. All the games are kiddie stuff now (only things that actually looked fun were Mario Kart and Star Wars Trilogy).

I remember when they actually had good stuff like X-Men, Simpsons, SF2, etc. :cry:

[quote name='Rocko']I just grabbed The Darkness from Amazon for $8.50 shipped.

Not bad.[/quote]

That's a great game. I have it. We should get some multiplay cheesemints some time.

[quote name='Rocko']I just grabbed The Darkness from Amazon for $8.50 shipped.

Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Nice snag. Maybe one day I'll get past the WWII part.

As stupid as that GGT story is, this line was hilarious:

A hushed silence spread thru-out the Geegitee. They had encounted the Otter before. Fierce was its vile and evil pie rat crew, and ugly to boot. Luckily, they had always managed to get away without many casualties, but the memory of poor Enufai was still fresh in their minds from a few months ago.

[quote name='Liquid 2']As stupid as that GGT story is, this line was hilarious:[/QUOTE]

Amazing how they see him as some sort of martyr. Or maybe I should say incomprehensible...

Ahhh man. Morning peeps. I feel just like TFN looks. Uggh.

Anyway, I know I will get ripped apart for this but....what the hell is the GGT and why do we hate it so much?

I remember when Colin Powell gave a speech at my high school, a couple of months before 9/11.

I like how when you argue with someone on the internet about a slightly philosophic subject and you show an amount of knowledge about said subject, you're immediately accused of getting all your info from Wikipedia and thus your opinion is deemed invalid.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Nice snag. Maybe one day I'll get past the WWII part.[/QUOTE]
That was World War I.

Jackie meets his great-great grandfather.

[quote name='Maklershed']I like how when you argue with someone on the internet about a slightly philosophic subject and you show an amount of knowledge about said subject, you're immediately accused of getting all your info from Wikipedia and thus your opinion is deemed invalid.[/QUOTE]
Just say that you wrote the Wikipedia entry.

Oh dip! Good thinking. Dude who doesn't think I know shit about the Taliban, here I come!

Brak: What's a good horror movie to watch that I might not have seen before? No slashers please.

Videodrome.

Did you ever listen to my music suggestion, when you asked for something "quirky"?

How does Videodrome sound? I can try to think of something else, if you want.

Sounds interesting. When I first started reading the description and saw "snuff tv" I immediately became disinterested but then I read what actually is going on and it sounds intriguing. I think I'll give it a shot.

Yes. But I have mixed feelings about them.

Absolutely loved:
eXistenZ
Eastern Promises

Absolutely hated:
Naked Lunch
A History of Violence

[quote name='Brak']That was World War I.

Jackie meets his great-great grandfather.[/QUOTE]

Temporaryscars already corrected me, though I don't mind being corrected again. :dunce:

I bought Linkin's 60gb PS3 last night! Blu Rays here I come.

And can anyone think of a good cheap game I could pick up from ebay? I'm thinking $15 or less.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maklershed']Yes. But I have mixed feelings about them.

Absolutely loved:
eXistenZ
Eastern Promises

Absolutely hated:
Naked Lunch
A History of Violence[/QUOTE]
You hated A History of Violence? I love how complicated the theme was, and the continuous shift of power (displayed nicely by the two sex scenes -- and, boy; Cronenberg loves using sex as a story mechanic).

Eastern Promises is definitely his best, in my opinion.

I gotta do a live show, now... so I won't be around for the next 30 minutes. :|

[quote name='Brak']You hated A History of Violence? I love how complicated the theme was, and the continuous shift of power (displayed nicely by the two sex scenes -- and, boy; Cronenberg loves using sex as a story mechanic).

Eastern Promises is definitely his best, in my opinion.

I gotta do a live show, now... so I won't be around for the next 30 minutes. :|[/QUOTE]

I have Eastern Promises on HD DVD just sitting here waiting to be watched. I've heard it's muy excellente.

Time for another exciting day of taking care of them lab animals. I think I saw on the calendar that I have to change out the rat cages today. Not looking forward to that. Some of them are as large as rabbits.

[quote name='munch']I have Eastern Promises on HD DVD just sitting here waiting to be watched. I've heard it's muy excellente.[/QUOTE]
Watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back