Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

aquateen168

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
hell i havnt seen a thread on fallout 3 so whats this i hear that the ps3 worser than the 360 quality. is this true, i hope not because i wanna see some kickass headshots in hd

I doubt it's the most worser, but it's probably more worser than the PC version. I can't believe that Bethesda would tone down the PS3 version since they got Oblivion looking pretty damn good on it. I think your claims are unfounded, I can only hope that the graphics are more better prettier than what we expect.

It remains to be seen which version is truly worser. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me as long as one version isn't funner than the other.

This thread compels me to check my punctuation, grammar and spelling before posting any threads. You guys are brutal, but funny.

As for the game, I don't want it since it's some more first person crap from Bethesda.

Where's the source for your rumor? Some nameless minimum wage game store clerk? Some pre-teen Xbox owner? You're not giving us any reason to believe you.

The two will be identical. I'm on a different forum where a dev posts frequently and he's said the game will be identical.

Not only that, the PS3 version has no upfront install, it'll stream data to the hard drive permanently through the intro sequence.

Not to mention, the engine is based on Oblivion's engine, which ran flawlessly, on the PS3.

There will be differences and trade-offs, but neither version will be significanly better than the other.

[quote name='Vanigan']Where's the source for your rumor? Some nameless minimum wage game store clerk? Some pre-teen Xbox owner? You're not giving us any reason to believe you.

The two will be identical. I'm on a different forum where a dev posts frequently and he's said the game will be identical.

Not only that, the PS3 version has no upfront install, it'll stream data to the hard drive permanently through the intro sequence.

Not to mention, the engine is based on Oblivion's engine, which ran flawlessly, on the PS3.

There will be differences and trade-offs, but neither version will be significanly better than the other.[/quote]

http://kotaku.com/5067496/ps3-fallout-compares-poorly-review-explained

It's not that big of a deal, and I'll still be picking up the PS3 version next week.

Yeah, and I read the whole article, the textures weren't that different, and even then it only looked that way up close. Doesn't affect gameply, and doesn't affect graphics unless you're standing and starting at wall.

In fact, PSM said a lot of other small differences, namely how distant objects are slightly more aliased, and other small insignificant differences.

It's useful when citing any comparisons to make sure you mention just how much of a difference there is. It's bad enough any story about either console difference gets gets wildly sensationalized by fanboys on both sides.

For those of us with both consoles, it is important to know about these small differences. That is one of the benefits of owning both a PS3 and a 360. I get to buy all the exclusives for both consoles, plus I get to buy the best version of all the multi platform games, just like many others in this thread.

Whenever a person comments about a game being better on a certain console, I first check to see if they have both their PSN and XBL names listed. Those that only have one console listed have far less credibility than someone who has both consoles and can easily choose either version. Multi console owners seldom feel the need to justify their console purchase - they just go broke buying great game after great game.

[quote name='Zyzomys']For those of us with both consoles, it is important to know about these small differences.[/quote]I agree with this 100%, despite my silly post above. If I dropped my hard-earned cash to own both systems, then I sure as fuck want the best version available. That being said, I'd still like to see some HD gameplay videos of both before I jump to conclusions about which version is better.

Yeah, I'm torn now; my PS3 is hooked up to my main TV which is 52" HD and my 360 is hooked up to a 36" SDTV BUT it has 5.1 sound. Won't upgrade the 36" until I buy a new house which seems like it'll never happen (been looking for 2 years now) so I know I'll eventually get my 360 on HD.

So, do I want pretty graphics via the PS3 with dual channel sound or do I want SD graphics that will eventually go HD with 5.1 sound. I'm actually thinking I might lean to the 360 for this one (plus the DLC they are bringing for it).

I only buy multiplat games on PS3 for these reasons: (unless the game is horribly broken on PS3, like say Condemned 2 and it's sound problem, which I think was patched)

1. Prefer to play on a system I trust for longevity.
2. 360 drive is loud as fuck. (can't wait for that new update to install my games)

Minor differences I don't care about, as the PC version of any given multiplatform game looks MUCH better, and if I can live with that, then I can live with a texture or two being slighty off if I put my camera on it and zoom in.

[quote name='Zyzomys']For those of us with both consoles, it is important to know about these small differences. That is one of the benefits of owning both a PS3 and a 360. I get to buy all the exclusives for both consoles, plus I get to buy the best version of all the multi platform games, just like many others in this thread.

Whenever a person comments about a game being better on a certain console, I first check to see if they have both their PSN and XBL names listed. Those that only have one console listed have far less credibility than someone who has both consoles and can easily choose either version. Multi console owners seldom feel the need to justify their console purchase - they just go broke buying great game after great game.[/QUOTE]I kind of disagree, because some people might own a 360 and are heavily biased towards another platform and vice versa. Yes I own both a PS3 and a 360, but I'll always buy on PS3 (only multi-platform game I have on 360 is Lost Planet, and that was because I got it beyond cheap), kind of like a few CAGs said they'll always buy on 360.

As for Fallout 3, I have some preorder bonuses of it thanks to a certain retailer, but I don't think I'll get it. If I did, it would probably be on PS3.

well i will be pickint it up on ps3. i really dont care because it isnt much difference. so maybe thell do a patch like bioshock and clean the game up

The DLC thing really pisses me off. On the one hand I currently have it preordered for the 360 (limited edition) specifically for the DLC, but I want to play it on the PS3 since the PS3 does a much, much better job reproducing colors (if you own both, download the demo for Pure on each system and you'll see the 360 crushing your shadows into a hellish black every single time).

Sigh. Thanks, Microsoft.

However, Oblivion looked like complete fucking ass on the 360 compared to PS3 or PC, enough time has passed that I think they can get it to an Assassin's Creed level of multi-platform quality where it doesn't really matter which system you bought it on. At least, that's what my "please don't look like shit on my 360" center of my brain is telling me to think.

I am renting this to see if I like it and I must say, I enjoyed oblivion but this game is fucking AWESOME!

Yeah, I never played Oblivion, but I had a roommate who did, so I saw quite a bit of it. Fallout 3 feels like Oblivion set in a post apocalyptic world, which is fine with me.

god this game is amazing on ps3 not really a diff. from 360 but it is sood good
i jus picked up the strat guide from cc for 12 bucks and love it

[quote name='Duckbutt']Yeah, I never played Oblivion, but I had a roommate who did, so I saw quite a bit of it. Fallout 3 feels like Oblivion set in a post apocalyptic world, which is fine with me.[/QUOTE]
Mechanically, Oblivion and Fallout 3 are very similar. But there's something much more visceral about Fallout 3. I'm affected by my decisions and I'm genuinely anxious about running into a raider party or some freakish insect. In Oblivion, I never got that sense of urgency - despite the fact that it is one of my favorite all time games.

Does anyone elses game freeze temporarily when someone on your friends list signs on or off? It's not that big a deal, I just thought it was odd.

[quote name='Pratt75']Does anyone elses game freeze temporarily when someone on your friends list signs on or off? It's not that big a deal, I just thought it was odd.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I read about this problem in the IGN review. You've got to turn off notifications if you want to avoid the problem. Stupid Bethesda! I hope there's a patch that fixes some of the PS3 specific bugs soon.

[quote name='torifile']Yeah. I read about this problem in the IGN review. You've got to turn off notifications if you want to avoid the problem. Stupid Bethesda! I hope there's a patch that fixes some of the PS3 specific bugs soon.[/QUOTE]

The same glitche happened in Tony Hawk Project 8 for the PS3.

I do want to play this game so badly. I will rent it, because I refuse to buy it for 60, then fall in love with the game and can't get any extra DLC. Also, I don't like the fact that it "supposedly" not up to par with the 360 version. But I see here, most people saying it looks good, so I'll rent it, and probably buy it later on.

[quote name='Thomas96']I do want to play this game so badly. I will rent it, because I refuse to buy it for 60, then fall in love with the game and can't get any extra DLC. Also, I don't like the fact that it "supposedly" not up to par with the 360 version. But I see here, most people saying it looks good, so I'll rent it, and probably buy it later on.[/QUOTE]

I've watched a friend play it on his 360 and I have it on my PS3 and we both agree that they look almost identical. The only thing I've noticed is the "pause" when friends log on or off, but other than that theres nothing I can tell. I bet you'd have to see them playing side by side to even notice anything, and even then...

I'm loving it so far...had to start over a few times just to get my character the way I wanted; thank God for the auto-save right before leaving the vault (where you can change your character around before its stuck for good).

I'm very surprised there are only 2 pages of posts here! I really want to get this but I don't know that I'll have the time to play it. I logged like 130 hours into Oblivion (and I hear this game is even better!)

well I had shut off the notifications andstill got kicked to the XMB. and another time when you had t take the test everyone got a test but me. I restarted and had one , weird . any word of a patch? or since no dlc is the PS3 support abandoned?

[quote name='m_d_amore']well I had shut off the notifications andstill got kicked to the XMB. and another time when you had t take the test everyone got a test but me. I restarted and had one , weird . any word of a patch? or since no dlc is the PS3 support abandoned?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats a known bug. Seems that you dont get a test if you start the fight with Butch...if you dont fight Butch you get the test. The work around is saving right there and restarting the game.

I had a few freezes last night (one where I had a guy right in my grill and I was trying to VATS head shot him and another when firing the FatBoy indoors).

Does anyone know if the PS3 version will get DLC that is different then the exlsusive Microsoft DLC? Or is DLC exclusive altogether?

I'm about 25+ hours into the PS3 version and am having a blast.

[quote name='blackjaw']Yeah, thats a known bug. Seems that you dont get a test if you start the fight with Butch...if you dont fight Butch you get the test. The work around is saving right there and restarting the game.[/quote]
I fought Butch and I got the test. Of course, he and his boys were kicking my ass and I ran away, so maybe that's why.

[quote name='aquateen168']i am at
im at the brotherhood when they release the big robot
[/quote]
That is the best part of the game. Also, it is almost over. Sadly.

[quote name='pob14']I fought Butch and I got the test. Of course, he and his boys were kicking my ass and I ran away, so maybe that's why.[/quote]

What do you mean get a test? I fought butch and his guys and kicked their ass so they stopped.. what test we talkin bout here

[quote name='aznguyen316']What do you mean get a test? I fought butch and his guys and kicked their ass so they stopped.. what test we talkin bout here[/quote]
The G.O.A.T. test, that helps you pick your tagged skills . . . some people are experiencing a bug where they don't get the test.

ooh I see. no bug here. i read about that, like if you sit in the front seat? I did. weird, but I've had the game freeze on me once thus far in 12 hours of gameplay.

Awesome game with only two minor complaints. I get some major slow down at random points, or the game will simply freeze up and I will have to restart it. The only other one is the ending...
Your character dies and then you can't continue playing the game with that character. I felt this was a mistake by Bethesda, as I enjoyed continuing my adventure in Oblivion with the same character I beat the game with.
Anyway, kudos to Bethesda for another solid game. Keep 'em coming

bread's done
Back