PS3 Gunmetal Grey Metal Gear Solid 4 Kojima Bundle $400 Pre-order at Amazon

capttylor34

CAGiversary!
[img-r=4668]3032[/img-r]Update: Price now $400

Remember those $600+ MGS4 Limited Edition Bundles that were only sold by the Konami Store? Amazon now has pre-orders available for $450 $400 shipped with a Nov 4th ship date. The bundle includes:
  • Gun Metal Gray PS3 with a 40GB Hard Drive (No BC)
  • Gray DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (the game) which includes Metal Gear Online
  • The official "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots CD Soundtrack" including 16 never-before-released tracks by Harry Gregson-Williams (Shrek, Armageddon, The Rock), Nobuko Toda, and Ennio Morricone.
  • Over two hours of additional content "Hideo Kojima's Gene" a behind-the-scenes vision of Hideo Kojima's production team and the game as well as "The Making of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots" documentary
[img-l=4668]3033[/img-l] [img-l=4668]3034[/img-l]

Last edited by a moderator:
it didnt sell out quick. It took a little over a month. They kept releasing them in batches. I remember this because people kept getting upset that it was coming back in stock all the time so they cancelled.

Probably Konami getting rid of excess stock because of cancellations.

I got one and I kinda regret it. Especially since I was disappointed with MGS4.

40gb new is 349.99, MGS4 Limited Edition is 69.99 so ~420.00. Thirty extra for the limited color and stamp is ok with me instead of the original $600 is great deal, especially if your a fan of MGS. If not then it isn't a good deal and don't post. And if BC is your problem, go find a cheap PS2 at a yard sale or do the Gamestop used system deal bundle.

[quote name='gkrykewy']So did they make more, or is this a portion of the original 10,000?[/QUOTE]

Doubt they made more since they had a hard time just selling the ones they had in stock.

Wow. I'm so glad I didn't buy this earlier...and Amazon is offering free shipping on it too! Shit, I'd be really tempted if I wasn't already committed to other things this holiday...

Wow that's one hell of a deal there (to me, at least).

I picked it up from the Konami site when it first went up and it cost me a bomb to ship over (I wasn't in the US at the time). $450 is like, less than half what I paid for it eventually. :(

what's up with the BC whines... gee, the PS2 is not dead you know. Come to think of it, once you got a PS3, you don't want to play lengthy PS2 RPGs on it anyway! As to other PS2 action titles, man, they look like crap even with upscaling. Of course, classic 8-bits are another story...

Anyhow, it's a deal, which makes me regret my Konami purchase as well. However, i'm one of the few lucky ones that Konami pitied (got two for the price of one, $620).

Mofo, $450!!! I paid $600 + tax + shipping for this so-called limited edition. Never trusting Konami again!

Freakin Konami @$!#@!#@#!@R$!$#@%#^$. They ripped me off big time....

I dont need another copy of MGS4.... if it were BC I would have ordered in a heartbeat, thankfully it isn't and I can use th emoney towards games and health insurance :D

[quote name='leesiulung']Mofo, $450!!! I paid $600 + tax + shipping for this so-called limited edition. Never trusting Konami again!

Freakin Konami @$!#@!#@#!@R$!$#@%#^$. They ripped me off big time....[/quote]

Yeah, cuz you know, stuff never drops in price over time... :roll:

[quote name='game_fanatic']Yeah, cuz you know, stuff never drops in price over time... :roll:[/quote]

Well, to be fair, not many would've predicted that this "limited edition" was gonna become available again, and at a 25% discount, to boot. Especially given how it was selling on the Konamistyle website initially (it was going in like batches a day, and I remember I had to keep refreshing the damn page at a particular everyday hoping it'd become available again).

Look at past MGS limited stuff, like the Subsistence LE, or the Japanese MGSPO PSP package, etc.

[quote name='Serpentor']Come to think of it, once you got a PS3, you don't want to play lengthy PS2 RPGs on it anyway![/quote]
Who says? :) I've got years worth of lengthy PS2 RPGs in the backlog still, and the opportunity to consolidate hardware and upscale the graphics a little bit was a big plus in the PS3's column. Keyword: was.

I don't regret buying mine day 1... because I did I was able to get it signed by both Kojima and Shinkawa (with a sketch on the top by Shinkawa too)... ^_^

It was worth ordering way back in May/June for a lot of people if only because they still got one even though they canceled. Free PS3s for all!

Previously at Comic-con they were selling them for $500 and Kojima and Shinkawa were there too. There's probably only a couple dozen of these gunmetal PS3s signed by them throughout the U.S., if only because no one wanted to buy them for the price. Mine is actually signed by Kojima/Imaizumi/Kikuchi since Shinkawa was absent in San Francisco...

[quote name='kazunori']Well, to be fair, not many would've predicted that this "limited edition" was gonna become available again, and at a 25% discount, to boot. Especially given how it was selling on the Konamistyle website initially (it was going in like batches a day, and I remember I had to keep refreshing the damn page at a particular everyday hoping it'd become available again).

Look at past MGS limited stuff, like the Subsistence LE, or the Japanese MGSPO PSP package, etc.[/QUOTE]

It is a limited item, usually when they sell out they don't resurface cheaper.... This is a slap in the face and the darn thing didn't arrive in time for me to get it signed by Kojima. Shouldn't have ordered next-day shipping!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Who says? :) I've got years worth of lengthy PS2 RPGs in the backlog still, and the opportunity to consolidate hardware and upscale the graphics a little bit was a big plus in the PS3's column. Keyword: was.[/quote]

Yes, it is very nice to have 1 system run through a nice and simple HDMI cord, upconverted (yes it makes a big difference to me), and it also makes surround sound easier. Also, a wireless controller and unlimited memory cards are icing on the cake. PS2s won't last as long either and sony promised BC.

I have a huge PS2 library that is still awesome and has ties to current system's games (Silent Hill for example).

Anyways, back on topic. That is a cool color but I too would not bite without the BC- I think I would rather do the sony card deal. Maybe this would become more valueable though, hmmm. I'm thinking of either replacing my MGS4 80GB bundle and my factory sealed, extended warrantied 60gb since they are now valueable as a discontinued, superior system or just selling all my PS3 stuff before my library becomes too large.

Feel bad for the people that way over paid when this was first released- glad I didn't fall for it :pray:

Wait, i'm confused... from what I get people are saying the MGS4 bundle wasn't worth it since they keep releasing more and it's at such a low price now, but wasn't the MGS4 bundle that initially released 80 gb AND backwards compatible? While I'm on the subject... I saw a 80 gb PS3 for $370.00 at a local pawn shop, is THAT worth the money? I'm looking to get a PS3 but I'm trying to figure out which one is most worth the investment.

[quote name='leesiulung']Mofo, $450!!! I paid $600 + tax + shipping for this so-called limited edition. Never trusting Konami again!

Freakin Konami @$!#@!#@#!@R$!$#@%#^$. They ripped me off big time....[/quote]

Seriously, mine came out to $670. I'm more than a little pissed right now.

[quote name='eastshore4']Wait, i'm confused... from what I get people are saying the MGS4 bundle wasn't worth it since they keep releasing more and it's at such a low price now, but wasn't the MGS4 bundle that initially released 80 gb AND backwards compatible? While I'm on the subject... I saw a 80 gb PS3 for $370.00 at a local pawn shop, is THAT worth the money? I'm looking to get a PS3 but I'm trying to figure out which one is most worth the investment.[/QUOTE]

I think you are confusing this Limited Edition MGS4 40gb bundle (not worth the value feature-wised) with the regular MGS4 80gb bundle w/ PS2 backward compatibility (best value feature-wised). Also, if the 80gb PS3 at the pawn shop is heavily used and does not have PS2 backward compatibility with the extra usb ports & card reader, then the $370 price is not worth the money. I recommend waiting for any special PS3 bundle deals that will roll out around this coming Black Friday (after-Thanksgiving sale) for the best investment. Both online and store retailers will toss in extras like blu-ray remote, blu-ray movies, or even free games to entice holiday consumers. Good luck.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It would have been nice if these actually had more than a different color and very small print that says "MGS4 LE"...a FOXHOUND logo or something.[/QUOTE]

If it was something resembling this mod, I would buy it in a heartbeat (sigh....only in my wildest dreams.)

mgs4oimgasys.jpg

[quote name='zenintrude']no BC = no buy... oh well.[/quote]

For real. For a hot minute I was ready to sell my 20gb and upgrade to this, until I realized it was the shitty 40gb. Why wouldn't they make this the BC 80 edition? It seems like less of a collectors item when it's missing features found in the other bundle.

I don't care for BC, it's nice but I don't play any PS2 games anymore. I might pick this up and sell my 60 gb one if I'm not too lazy. I just hate dealing with ebay and shipping though. Bleh.

I paid a little over $1400 bucks for 2 back then, but I don't regret. I spend that much on a single arcade board anyways... well more or less.

[quote name='leesiulung']It is a limited item, usually when they sell out they don't resurface cheaper.... This is a slap in the face and the darn thing didn't arrive in time for me to get it signed by Kojima. Shouldn't have ordered next-day shipping![/quote]

I assume you were trying for the SF signing? I got the one-day shipping ($50? $60? I forgot) and it arrived on Thursday at around 1pm. You would have had to go to the Metreon and line up at the latest 10:30am, as that's where the last people who got signatures were. First in line was there at 2am.

I was considering to sell mine for $600 on eBay (still brand new..I just can't afford to have it in my collection with all my debt) but now it seems like the price of these will plummet even further if they're being sold in mass on Amazon.com :(

I should have sold it sooner but I just didn't have the heart.

bread's done
Back