Resident Evil 4 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice GMR gave this a 10/10 in its last issue. I want to see what gamespot and ign give this game, I hope a review is posted soon.

Yeah I'm counting the hours.. The past Resident Evils were great too but you can only milk zombie enemies for
only so long.. the change of pace is refreshing

Freakin' awesome. I'm so glad RE is back with a great game. Now all I have to do is wait two years until GC's are $19.99 at EB and RE4 will be a PC and everyone will be so overflowing with copies that I can get it for $4.99. Score!

..must.. resist..

*looks at bank account*

Well, I could probably shift some funds arou.. *slaps self* NO! MUST REMAIN CALM!

*plays RE2 again*

Major, major high praise for RE4. I hope every single one of you that gets it has an absolute blast.

Yup it look like I'm just going to have to borrow money and order the collector's tin now. I was hoping to pick this game up for $40 but it doesn't look l can wait that long for it to drop in price.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Whoa. Damn, that's high.[/quote]

As is the 5/5 from GameSpy and the 10/10 from GMR.[/quote]

Quit that Led, you're making me want the game, and we all know I can't pay SRP on a game. :x :lol:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Whoa. Damn, that's high.[/quote]

As is the 5/5 from GameSpy and the 10/10 from GMR.[/quote]

Quit that Led, you're making me want the game, and we all know I can't pay SRP on a game. :x :lol:[/quote]

I know how you feel. I just broke down and got the game after reading all the reviews today. Damn me and my will power! :cry:

I am sure some store with have it for some kind of discount. If not, I guess I will be trading in some games I have at GameStop for the CE.

I'm picking up the Collectors Edition at Gamestop... first time I've paid full price for a game in the series... It should be interesting to see how this game sells in the coming months, I have a feeling a lot of gamecube holdouts may at least pick up a used one for this game.

[quote name='joeposh']I'm picking up the Collectors Edition at Gamestop... first time I've paid full price for a game in the series... It should be interesting to see how this game sells in the coming months, I have a feeling a lot of gamecube holdouts may at least pick up a used one for this game.[/quote]

I bought my gamecube alone for RE 4 (and resident evil 0 and re 1). However I came to love my gamecube and the many other great titles, but this game will show what the gamecube is really made. Good job capcom

[quote name='twanky']Now all we gotta do is wait for the game to come out. ](*,)[/quote]

I have try to wait for a price drop! ](*,)

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='twanky']Now all we gotta do is wait for the game to come out. ](*,)[/quote]

I have try to wait for a price drop! ](*,)[/quote]

but Leon needs your help....now!

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='twanky']Now all we gotta do is wait for the game to come out. ](*,)[/quote]

but Leon needs your help....now![/quote]

Lol, I said try!

Trying is not gonna save the presidents daughter, RE:4 needs your money! The game is not even out yet and it's already getting to me. ](*,)

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='twanky']Now all we gotta do is wait for the game to come out. ](*,)[/quote]

but Leon needs your help....now![/quote]

Lol, I said try![/quote]

okay, then i guess Leon will just have to try to survive on his own until you make your mind up :cry:

Just read the 5 page review, just about everything they said about the game was positive. Now, to pay for it at gamestop and get the collector's edition or wait an extra couple days and get the normal edition way cheaper at gamerush?? Suggestions anybody?

[quote name='twanky']Just read the 5 page review, just about everything they said about the game was positive. Now, to pay for it at gamestop and get the collector's edition or wait an extra couple days and get the normal edition way cheaper at gamerush?? Suggestions anybody?[/quote]

I don't think Leon has time to wait around for suggestions....

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='twanky']Just read the 5 page review, just about everything they said about the game was positive. Now, to pay for it at gamestop and get the collector's edition or wait an extra couple days and get the normal edition way cheaper at gamerush?? Suggestions anybody?[/quote]

I don't think Leon has time to wait around for suggestions....[/quote]

Leon already has my help(fully pre-ordered it). I will be right there next to him the second the game is available

You don't own Resident Evil 4. It owns you.

SO very true. I've waited nearly 5 years for this game, and finnally my waiting will pay off. Now if Capcom could only reinvent the Megaman
and Street Fighter series . . .

I was another one of those who got a GC just for this game. I haven't been reading any reviews. But from the look of things this is going to be everything I thought it would be. Looks like I'll be heading to FYE on my lunchbreak.

5 whole pages is quite alot to C+P, but I'll give you the end part:

Closing Comments
Wow. I had some pretty high expectations for Resident Evil 4 and to my complete surprise the title actually exceeded them. This is simply the best survival horror game ever created. In fact, had it come out in 2004, it would have been my pick for Game of the Year.

With Resident Evil 4, Capcom has successfully -- triumphantly -- taken the franchise to the next level. It's really emphasized the "survival" in survival horror, too. You're oftentimes on the run for your life. And villagers, much smarter than any zombie, team up, dodge bullets, and do other nasty things that I will let you discover on your own. Then there are the boss fights, which are unexpectedly brilliant. This game is extremely scary, and that fear is intensified by the best graphics and some of the most eerie audio on Nintendo's console.

When you add in the new camera and action systems, as well as Leon's excellent new analog targeting function, you have a completely transformed survival horror experience. One that eclipses everything before it. Indeed, even after 20-plus hours of non-stop thrills, you won't want to put the controller down.

You don't own Resident Evil 4. It owns you.

An absolute must-have.

-Credit: cube.ign.com

Scores:
Presentation: 10
Graphics: 9.5 (how this gets anything less than a 10 is beyond me)
Sound: 9.0
Gameplay: 9.5
Lasting Appeal: 8.5

Ovr: 9.8

God dang it!! I wasn't gonna get this game, but now I have to. It's too tempting and it's just getting unbelievably good reviews.

Here's the question.....get the CE at GAmestop (using $$ out of pocket) or get the regular edition at Gamerush (using 100% store credit). I'm a complete slut for special/limited editions and free stuff, so i'm leaning to the CE. Any suggestions??

I'm trying to not spend so much after the Fall when I got a ton of games.

I'm using Rhino credit for this one. The CE isn't that tempting to me because it isn't official, it's something GS cooked up. Yea, the artbook is official, but I'm guessing it's gonna be along the same lines as the Onimusha 3 free artbook was last year - as in, really small.

Basically, I see it as paying $60 for a artbook & soundtrack (movie soundtrack, no less) or getting the game for free. ;)

EDIT: Kinda bummed that Brady didn't do a CE strategy guide for this one tho.

[quote name='Smoke']holy crap. thats an awesome score! looks like capcom finally revived the series.[/quote]

Revived it just in time to kill it with the PS2 port...

[quote name='Starky27'][quote name='Smoke']holy crap. thats an awesome score! looks like capcom finally revived the series.[/quote]

Revived it just in time to kill it with the PS2 port...[/quote]

lets see if that even comes to frutation shall we...

Witht he sales RE4 is going to get though it will get ported..

[quote name='Trakan']Whoa. Damn, that's high.[/quote]
RE4 is gonna kick ass, but lets remember this is IGN. 9.0 is their average score (in spite of what they say).

[quote name='The_Continental']why WHY is this game not in 16x9/

Damn you Capcom![/quote]

AGREED!!!! WHY?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back