Buy Fallout 3, get $10 off future game purchase at Amazon

infinityagain

CAGiversary!
[img-l=4668]3072[/img-l]Order your copy of of Fallout 3 standard (PS3/360) or collector's edition (PS3/360) and get $10 off a future video game purchase from Amazon. Release date delivery is available. Offer valid from 10/25 to 11/1. The promotional code will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the promotion end date.

For other games with similar offers from Amazon, click here.

Last edited by a moderator:
....why do they exclude the LE everytime

Gears of War LE Excluded for $10 Giftcard
Fable II Excluded for $10 Gift Card

Good deal, none the less.....but I must get that sweet ass Lunch box

[quote name='joshnorm']I believe there is a thread for this already in the Amazon GC thread...[/QUOTE]

... and so fucking what? It wasn't originally offered when they started the GC's, and being as they have been taking preorders on it since april, and this just started today, I don't see anyone scanning though that thread for this. It is a major release and a decent deal, so get over it. And the CE is NOT excluded.

[quote name='mietha']... and so fucking what? It wasn't originally offered when they started the GC's, and being as they have been taking preorders on it since april, and this just started today, I don't see anyone scanning though that thread for this. It is a major release and a decent deal, so get over it. And the CE is NOT excluded.[/quote]
In the OP's defense as well I likely would not have noticed if he had only posted this in the other thread. Now I'm sure this thread will be locked and the title of the other thread updated soon enough, but until then this thread suits a purpose. In the meantime get over it and appreciate that there are people even looking out for deals for you.

[quote name='silentspork']In the OP's defense as well I likely would not have noticed if he had only posted this in the other thread. Now I'm sure this thread will be locked and the title of the other thread updated soon enough, but until then this thread suits a purpose. In the meantime get over it and appreciate that there are people even looking out for deals for you.[/quote]
:applause:
Agreed - I appreciate it when people make posts like this. I don't want to scan threads with 1000+ posts looking for a deal that may not have been included in original post.

Thanks OP!!
:applause:

[quote name='Poor2More']....why do they exclude the LE everytime

Gears of War LE Excluded for $10 Giftcard
Fable II Excluded for $10 Gift Card

Good deal, none the less.....but I must get that sweet ass Lunch box[/QUOTE]

BTW they are offering $10 gift card on the CE on these.

It's not a giftcard, but I'm sold. About shaq-fuing time they did something for Fallout 3; thought I'd have to wait til release to get a deal.

...Wonder if the poor schlubs who pre-ordered before now will be able to get on this as well.

[quote name='bosskid30']I'm going to buy this. Can I get a link.[/quote]

Fallout 3 CE (360): http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Collectors-Xbox-360/dp/B0016BTNTQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224946889&sr=1-4

Fallout 3 (360): http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Xbo..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224947041&sr=1-1

Fallout 3 (PS3): http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Playstation/dp/B000UU7VUC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224947114&sr=1-5

Fallout 3 CE (PS3): http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Col..._6?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224947216&sr=1-6

Amazon offers pre-order price guarantee, so every one who already preordered will get the deal as well.

What are the other pre-order bonuses?

I know at BB they have a bottle opener. Do you only have to put down $5 to reserve the game or do you have to put down the full amount?

Does this come with a giftcard AND $10 off a future purchase, basically $20 free or just the code for $10 off? Regular edition by the way.

Thanks OP. I appreciate the effort of people like you.

I think some people get a little carried away with their "official" threads and busting balls when someone doesn't do an "advanced" search before every post. I'm a little tired of the "official" thread theme on so many sites. I think it's often just an opportunity for other people to claim that a new thread should not have been started and then feel all satisfied with themselves for enforcing some vague forum rules.

I'm interested in several dozen titles at any one time. I don't want to wade through several dozen "official" threads for updates or deals on each title. I come to this site for immediate news on new deals so I appreciate new threads on new deals.

Why would anyone in their right mind search the Amazon GC thread to see if there is a new deal on Fallout?

[quote name='soccerstud652']What are the other pre-order bonuses?

I know at BB they have a bottle opener. Do you only have to put down $5 to reserve the game or do you have to put down the full amount?[/quote]

Only $5.

From personal experience Amazon did not meet Release Day delivery in my case for Fable II LE, but I later received it but 4 days late.....other then that Amazon is the best hands down

[quote name='soccerstud652']Where is the pre-order with the cd?[/quote]
Gamestop, but it only has 4 or 5 tracks....and I thought there wasn't much of interest on it. $10 off is a much better deal in my opinion.

[quote name='mlynch']Amazon offers pre-order price guarantee, so every one who already preordered will get the deal as well.[/QUOTE]

Won't fly on this one. Fine print says for the CE you have to order between 10/25 and 11/1. So if you already ordered this you'll need to cancel and re-buy or you will NOT get the $10 incentive.

[quote name='mietha']... and so fucking what? It wasn't originally offered when they started the GC's, and being as they have been taking preorders on it since april, and this just started today, I don't see anyone scanning though that thread for this. It is a major release and a decent deal, so get over it. And the CE is NOT excluded.[/quote]

My fault. I thought this was included in the orignal Amazon GC thread. Its not, my mistake.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Won't fly on this one. Fine print says for the CE you have to order between 10/25 and 11/1. So if you already ordered this you'll need to cancel and re-buy or you will NOT get the $10 incentive.[/quote]
I'm emailing them for some clarification on this. For the gift card promo with Fable 2/Resistance and so on, orders before they did the promotion were included as well, so I doubt this will be any different.

This is not a gift card. It is a $10 coupon for video games. The terms clearly state that it has to be ordered starting on 10/25. I'd be very surprised if it applies.

[quote name='spree4567']This is not a gift card. It is a $10 coupon for video games. The terms clearly state that it has to be ordered starting on 10/25. I'd be very surprised if it applies.[/quote]
I'd be very surprised if they made people that pre-ordered before cancel and re-order just to get the promotion.

preordered the CE Version awhile ago and used the gold box offer. I really hope that I don' t have to contact Amazon every time I don't get the $10 GC. It's a no brainer that these promotions are common on that AAA games as the economy is in the shitter.

[quote name='sonicdescent']I'd be very surprised if they made people that pre-ordered before cancel and re-order just to get the promotion.[/quote]

Well color me surprised, I received a response and as of now this offer does not apply to previous orders.

And the Survival Edition gets left out in the cold... *sigh* (Although that's now "unavailable" to purchase).

And it's so stupid that Amazon doesn't apply their offers to previous orders. Nothing is stopping you from canceling and re-ordering.

damm, missed it by a day lol
AAA.gif

Poop, no good on the PC version, huh? I'll keep my Circuit City pre-order for $39.99 PC version. (I had to buy a $10 gift card already for that price, and for some reason I have to pay sales tax at Amazon anyway, so... Guess I can wait a few extra days!)

[quote name='imacgod']And the Survival Edition gets left out in the cold... *sigh* (Although that's now "unavailable" to purchase).

And it's so stupid that Amazon doesn't apply their offers to previous orders. Nothing is stopping you from canceling and re-ordering.[/QUOTE]

No, nothing is stopping you from doing that, but I bet they will throw all the pre-orders for Fallout 3 into shipping soon overnight tonight so anyone that wakes up tomorrow morning that didn't see this today will be SOL.

That sucks, I preorder this thing early and now they come out with a $10 deal and it won't apply to my order? Weak Amazon, weak. Now I have to go through the hassle of cancelling and reordering.

Oh well, just cancelled and reordered. Guess it wasn't that big of a deal, just a hassle

lucly i managed to cancel and re order yesterday many thanks for the info

So, after I sent an e-mail to Amazon.com, they took $10 off my copy of Fallout 3 Survival Edition. That's right. I'm paying only $119.99 now. Apparently they like me.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Poop, no good on the PC version, huh? I'll keep my Circuit City pre-order for $39.99 PC version.[/quote]

Same. Cancelled my pre-orders for the CE recently since there is zero sign that they didnt go batshit insane pumping those babies out. Figure i'll get my lunch box and bobble head fix when they get tossed in the bargain bins which looks to be inevitable.

[quote name='Morphine']Microsoft is paying Amazon now too? No love for PC or PS3 versions :([/quote]

Not exactly. This deal applies to the PS3 (see my other post for links), but not the PC version.

Amazon is turning into a bunch of douche bags! I e-mailed them to see if I could get the $10 promo, since I pre-ordered a month ago. Basically they want you to opt-yourself in to the promo by canceling and then re-submitting your order. What the HELL!! You have to be kidding me! LOL! Idiots....

Here is the canned response I got:

Hello from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry, but in order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period, while supplies last.

I have checked our website and see that this offer valid from October 25, 2008 to November 1, 2008.

We are unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of this promotional offer.

Please understand that this restriction cannot be amended at the discretion of our Customer Service department.

I apologize for any frustration and disappointment this policy may cause. However, I hope you can understand our position on this matter. We do post our company policies online for our customers' reference.

I apologize for the frustration of this situation. We strive to provide convenient and efficient service to our customers but at times our system is limited.

In this case I request you to cancel this order and place a new order for the same item directly with Amazon.com to qualify for this $10.00 promotion.

Please note that the Release-Date Delivery is still available for this item.

You may cancel an unshipped item online by following these steps:

1. Click the "Your Account" link on the top right-hand side of the Amazon.com homepage.

2. Once on the Your Account page, find the Orders section.

3. Click "View Recent and Open Orders."

4. Click the "View or change order" button on the relevant order and follow the steps to cancel the item.

You'll receive an e-mail confirmation of your cancellation.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

[quote name='sonicdescent']Well color me surprised, I received a response and as of now this offer does not apply to previous orders.[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up! I totally expected Amazon to just apply this to previous orders.

[quote name='Poor2More']From personal experience Amazon did not meet Release Day delivery in my case for Fable II LE, but I later received it but 4 days late.....other then that Amazon is the best hands down[/quote]

I received mine on release day. I was upset that the LE didn't come with everything advertised, but then I found out that wasn't Amazon's fault, but the game makers who nixed the extras.

Will this is good I thought about pre-ordering a couple of week ago but I didn't have the money. So I definetly look into this by Thursday.

I sent an email to Amazon about it, because now my order's in the shipping process, and I can't cancel and re-order.

[quote name='Chaz']I sent an email to Amazon about it, because now my order's in the shipping process, and I can't cancel and re-order.[/QUOTE]
Did the same - hopefully they will still uphold this offer.

I just got the same reply from them that was posted earlier, where they suggest that I cancel and re-order. I sent them a reply basically saying "Look, your system won't let me do that, and don't you do that because I want the game tomorrow. I have a lot of games preordered through you guys, but if you can't take care of me, I'm going to look elsewhere."

I've got basically all my fall release games ordered through them because of their $10 off coupons. I haven't gotten one for the first game with that promotion (Fable), so I'm starting to be a bit leery about the whole thing. Usually Amazon's pretty good about this kind of thing, so I'm still hopeful.

I just tried to pre-order with the code, but I got an error saying "it's not valid for the item". I am trying to pre-order the PC LE version. Is anyone having the same problem too?

bread's done
Back