Best Buy Pre-order Bonuses

KABUKISTAR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I thought I'd create this, in the same vein as the GameStop pre-order bonuses thread.

Best Buy pre-orders usually come in the form of a game case, stating that it's a pre-order for the game. It rings up as $5 ($10 for some games), and usually doesn't contain anything, and you just buy it to reserve your copy of the game. After the game comes out, you can use subtract the price of the pre-order from the game when you buy it. Or, if you don't want the game, you can just get the money you payed for it back. So, these pre-orders are functionally free in the long run.

A number of games, come with special pre-order bonuses inside of the cases. This thread is to catalogue all those freebie bonuses that you can get with game pre-orders.

There'll be a list of them going in the second post.

Current list of pre-orders available. This list is really incomplete right now, but I'll be adding more over time. If anyone wants to a description of pictures that I don't have, feel free to post in this thread. The date next to a title is the street date for that game (usually BB will pull all the pre-orders at that time).

Current Pre-order Deals

Tekken 6 (October 27th) Preorder box comes with a laser cell and a tattoo sleeve.

Uncharted 2 (October 13th) In-game item: Currency Multiplier.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (October 27th) Power Package Code for Cryo-Mine Glove and extra hit points

Halo ODST (September 22nd) unlocking Sgt. Johnson as a playable character in Firefight mode.

Expired Deals:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC, 360, PS3) 02/10/09 - Buy the pre-order to recieve 250 RewardZone points (RZ required).

Sims 3 (PC, Mac) 02/20/09 - Comes with Simes 3 Neighbourhood Poster and code for in-game vinatage sports car.

****Already released games (you can still get the pre-order, if you find one)****:
007: Quantum of Solace (PC, PS3, PS2, DS, PSP, Wii) 11/04/08 - Comes with a coupon for $10 off any James Bond movie.

Deadspace_front-1.jpg
Dead Space (PS3, Xbox360) (10/14/08): Hardbound Art Book with 3D Glasses
Deadspace_front.jpg

Deadspace_caseback.jpg

Deadspace_bookback.jpg

Deadspace_3dglasses.jpg

Redalert3_Case-1.jpg
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (10/28/08): Command and Conquer 2 Complete game (2CD), Behind the Scenes DVD, Code for extra in-game maps. (Rings up as $10, not $5)
Redalert3_Case.jpg

Redalert3_caseback.jpg

Redalert3_Inside.jpg

Redalert3_prints.jpg

Redalert3_discs.jpg

Call of Duty World at War (PC, 360, PS3, Wii, Ps2, DS) 11/11/08 -Comes with a fabric banner and a coupon for $5 off any COD game except World at War.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origina (PC, 360, PS3) 02/10/09 - Buy the pre-order to recieve 250 RewardZone points.

Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria (PC) 11/18/08 - Comes with a music CD, and code to unlock exclusive in-game cloack and title, as well as a special subscription price.

Mirror's Edge (PC, 360, PS3) 11/11/08: Comes with remix CD and a code to unlock time trial mode in the demo.

Halo Wars (360): Buy the pre-order and get 1 month of XBox live for free, with coupon
halowarscoupon.png

bc5ccd76.jpg
Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe (PS3, 360) 11/16/08 -Comes with a Scorpion cell.
MKvsDC_case.jpg

MKvsDC_caseback.jpg

MKvsDC_Inside.jpg

MKvsDC_cell.jpg

Shaun White Snowboarding (PC, 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP) 11/16/08 - Comes with a double-sided poster

****Confirmed Penny: These pre-orders have been confirmed to ring up as $.01****

Fallout3_Case-1.jpg
Fallout 3 (PC, XBox360, PS3) (10/28/08): Nuka-Cola Bottle Opener/Refrigerator Magnet, $5 off coupon for the strategy guide. Only the PC version is confirmed to ring up as a penny.
Fallout3_Case.jpg

Fallout3_caseback.jpg

Fallout3_Inside.jpg

Fallout3_size.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a few more:

Mirror's Edge-Comes with remix CD and a code to unlock time trial mode in the demo.
Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe-Comes with a Scorpion cell. I've only seen preorder boxes for the Kollector's Edition of this, not the regular edition.
Call of Duty World at War-Comes with a fabric banner and a coupon for $5 off any COD game except World at War.

[quote name='MasterSun1']The beauty is that if you want a refund, you can get it without having to return the freebie.[/quote]

Exactly :D
GoW 2 LE comes with a remote control tank
I thought about that one, but did't include it, because you have to actually buy the game to get the RC Tank. Plus, it already has its own thread.

Note on the Red Alert 3 PC pre-order...its $10 down instead of the typical $5...and the Red Alert 2 game is included in the case.

[quote name='rainking187']I've got a few more:

Mirror's Edge-Comes with remix CD and a code to unlock time trial mode in the demo.
Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe-Comes with a Scorpion cell. I've only seen preorder boxes for the Kollector's Edition of this, not the regular edition.
Call of Duty World at War-Comes with a fabric banner and a coupon for $5 off any COD game except World at War.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll add those after I get some photos uploaded

Heh, I already pre-ordered Mirror's Edge at GameStop for the bag.

I may take advantage of their lenient return policy on pre-orders though.

Nice thread. Even with absolutely no intention of buying the games, I think $5 for some preorder items is worth it, barring even the fact that you can possibly get your money back.

K, I went to BestBuy yesterday, and made note of all the pre-orders I could find, and added them to the second post. I also picked up the MK vs DC pre-order and took pictures of the cell to put up.

If you can still find it at BB still: Resistance 2 Pre-Order gets you an exclusive multiplayer skin. The game case comes with a card that containes the code. Kinda like the LBP one!

Wow, this thread hit page three fast.

Anyways, I went to BB today, and a grabbed some Fallout 3 pre-orders that I hid (I do this, because mine always tosses them all after the came comes out), and they rang up as a penny :D
I've heard that pre-order bonuses ring up as a penny after the game comes out, but when I tried it with the Deadspace artbook, it still rang up as $5. That might be because I tried the very day it came out, though.

Anyways, if anyone can find some Fallout 3 pre-orders, they're only a penny, so definitely grab them.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Wow, this thread hit page three fast.

[/quote]
I would change your settings if this is on page three for you already. BTW Good looking on starting the thread, was literally laying in bed and think of starting a thread just like this. So i'll try to contribute what info I can.

Added the pre-order for LoTR Online: Mines of Moria.
Also, I went and checked out the Red Alert 3 Pre-orders, but they were still ringing up for $10. Hopefully, they penny out soon.

[quote name='kidrocklive']does anybody know how many tracks is on the mirror's edge music cd?[/quote]
The BB pre-order CD has 2 tracks, although there is no detailed track listing. I think some game sites have mentioned the specifics. The first track is the original slow version of the theme, and the second is a longer dancier remix.

Buying the outdated pre-order cases for a penny sounds good. Paying $5 for the pre-order stuffs is okay too. Am i the only one bothered by "refund the $5 and keep the goodies?"

Sorry for being the moral police, but since checkout glitches are frown upon, i don't see why return and keep bonuses tactic should be encouraged/discussed.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Theres a bonus for ENDWAR too.. whatever that was its gone now...[/quote]
It wasn't much: early access to the beta stress test, which has gone public since then anyway.

Add prince of persia to the list.

PRE ORDER PRINCE OF PERSIA FOR XBOX 360/PLAYSTATION 3 and receive a free limited edition upgrade for the same price.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Add prince of persia to the list.

PRE ORDER PRINCE OF PERSIA FOR XBOX 360/PLAYSTATION 3 and receive a free limited edition upgrade for the same price.[/QUOTE]

You mean, you pre-order the special edition, and then when you buy it you can get it for the price of the normal edition?

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']You mean, you pre-order the special edition, and then when you buy it you can get it for the price of the normal edition?[/quote]

Yup, its 59.99.

I always go to the same cashiers at BB, because they're used to me getting penny items, so when I walk up with 6 Fallout 3 Pre-orders, they don't think anything weird about it.

Yup, its 59.99.
Do you know if the box has a coupon in it, or a code to use online, or what the deal is?

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']You mean, you pre-order the special edition, and then when you buy it you can get it for the price of the normal edition?[/quote]
I do not believe there is a special edition for sale. The ads in magazines say when you pre-order the game you are upgraded to the speical/limited edition for free.

I think it is like MGS3 subsistence where there was not a limited edition for sale but if you pre-ordered it you got the LE version.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']I always go to the same cashiers at BB, because they're used to me getting penny items, so when I walk up with 6 Fallout 3 Pre-orders, they don't think anything weird about it.

Do you know if the box has a coupon in it, or a code to use online, or what the deal is?[/quote]

isn't that a little excessive? I'd feel weird about doing 2, let alone 6

[quote name='kidrocklive']isn't that a little excessive? I'd feel weird about doing 2, let alone 6[/QUOTE]
If no one picks them up, Best Buy just tosses them. I usually hide a few of the boxes before the game come out, so I can come back to get them for a penny, and I don't feel bad about this because:
1) After the ones I hide, there's still a ton left for people that actually want to get it as a pre-order, and
2) For every pre-order I hide and get for a penny later, there's 20 that Best Buy just throws in the trash.

Oh man...the Nuke Cola bottle opener was on the case? Damn...I wonder if my store still has them.

They should ring up as a penny after the game is out right?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh man...the Nuke Cola bottle opener was on the case? Damn...I wonder if my store still has them.

They should ring up as a penny after the game is out right?[/quote]

they "Should" but sometimes BB is slow pennying them out, or throw them out regardless.

I know my meijer still has a bunch of the preorder bonus things left @_@

Fallout 3 pre-orders are pennied out, so if you can find them, definitely pick them up.
Last time I checked (last week), the Red Alert 3 pre-orders weren't pennied yet.
I think I'll add a section to the second post for pre-order items that are confirmed to be a penny...

Picked up the Mirror's Edge pre-order bonus. CD only has two songs totally ~13 minutes, but I listen to it a lot in the office. Really good music and hope I can buy the whole soundtrack someday.

Well worth the gas and time to do pick-up/return.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Fallout 3 pre-orders are pennied out, so if you can find them, definitely pick them up.[/QUOTE]

Only the PC version it seems. The PS3 version rang up at $5 while the PC ones were pennied.

Has anyone spotted anything new? I thought Banjo Kazooie and The Last Remnant were supposed to have bonuses at Best Buy but I haven't seen any boxes for them yet.

[quote name='B:L']Only the PC version it seems. The PS3 version rang up at $5 while the PC ones were pennied.[/QUOTE]
Weird. I've only bought the PC ones.
I'll make a note of it on the second post.

[quote name='orion1998_1']anything new[/QUOTE]
I finally got around to heading down there tonight. I didn't see any new pre-order bonuses, and RA3 is still ringing up as $10.
C'est la Vie.

Has Anyone Seen a Pre-Order for Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X at Best Buy ? I keep looking and no one knows anything about it..

[quote name='Romis']Has Anyone Seen a Pre-Order for Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X at Best Buy ? I keep looking and no one knows anything about it..[/QUOTE]
I'll check next time I'm there. My store used to have a little section dedicated to pre-orders, but they've rearranged, and now I can't seem to find them.
Every time I go there, though, I look around and see if I happen to spot any. Also, I bring up thoose Red Alert 3 Pre-orders to see if they've finally pennied.

@ KABUKISTAR Thanks,

I was actually there today, and Nothing
They do have a section usually but right now they don't have a thing to pre-order the guy at customer service & I went an looked everywhere he thought it would be.

Plus he checked on TC's H.A.W.X., and they've not even gotten them yet
So, there is hope still to get the pre-order and code for the free plane

bread's done
Back