CAG Poll: Do you own unopened games?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The NPD just completed a survey and found that 11% of gamers own unopened games. I've got a feeling that CAG's percentage will be significantly higher.

I have ssx blur, bully for the wii and final fantasy IV for the ds still unopened. I'll get to the ds game soon. The wii stuff will remained unopened for awhile.

Nope. If I buy it I want to at least pop it in and see what it's about. I may put it down until later but I've got to at least load it up!

I do not have a single sealed game. I NEVER go buy games to put in a backlog. I buy a game when I want to play it and I play it until I get tired of it and usually never play it again sans a few specific games.

Presently I do have some backlog games still sealed, but with all the recent talk about sealed games with no disc in them...... I'll probably start opening them as soon as I get get them!

I currently have no unopened games because i buy so few games so the ones i do buy i play.
But unopened music CDs and DVDs, that's a whole other story.
I buy a lot of them and i keep them for collection purposes.

There could be a difference between gamers though. Some people collect, and some people own only big titles (Madden, Halo, etc.).

I have plenty of unopen games, and I will never find enough time (and patience) to play all of them. Although, I try now only to buy games that I will play for sure.

Way too many. Off the top of my head I have 3 PS2 games, 1 XBox game, 1 Gamecube Game, 2 DS games, 2 PSP games, 3 PS3 games, 4 Wii games all unopened. Some of those I had to buy even if I knew they would go in the backlog because you will never see them at those prices again. Like Starfox DS and NiGHTS Wii for $5.00 each at KMart last month.

I give each game I buy a spin to make sure they work when I buy them. I do however have a dozen games that I've never taken past the title screen.

Earlier this summer, I had two 360 titles sealed (PES 2008, GRID) thanks to COD 4 and more recently, GTA 4. So I thought I had everything covered. Then I noticed that I have Max Payne 2 for Xbox! Never, ever, EEVVEERR, touched.

Hey Cheapy, please don't do a poll on unopened and/or unwatched dvd's....:whee:

So far, I can only count about 4-5 unopened for me:

*Psychonauts(Xbox)-it was $3 from Kmart, meant to finish playing it, but I packed away my Xbox a while ago
*Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer(PS3)-normally, I would NEVER buy a movie game, but for $5 from Kmart, anything is worth a shot.
*TimeShift(PS3)-yet another $5-10 game from Kmart that I'm sure I'll play SOMETIME, but not anytime soon with my increasing backlog on PS3.
*.hack Redemption(PS2)-yet another $5 game from Kmart....which I only picked up for the collectibility of it.....
*Marvel Ultimate Alliance(non Platinum Hits)(Xbox)-I picked this up since it was $5 as well at Kmart, though I had already picked up and opened a Platinum Hits copy from Target for $5.

I also had the original Legends Of Wrestling and Batman Begins and Darkwatch for Xbox, but I got sick of seeing them collecting dust and I gave them to my one buddy for him(BB and D) and his one niece(LOW) to play.

Now, if we were talking about opened but never completed games.....geez...I could be here till Doomsday talking about all of my prior gen stuff I never played through completely(and sold off).

Last edited by a moderator:
I may skew the numbers a bit as I voted that I have no unopened games.
I do not have now as nearly everything that I have bought over the past 3 years has been used.
However, when I lived in the US, I had a crapload of unopened games. I sold everything when I moved to Japan though.

Nope, I buy only what I want to play. I'm not a collector, games are meant to be played and enjoyed. Just like toys and action figures. I won't let them just sit there collecting dust in their original packages.

Wayyyy to many... at least 100... but when I can take for example, a Pitfall game I bought for $2 new and sell it for almost $50, I dont feel bad about having so many... I have wide interests when it comes to games and there are a lot that interest me, Ive been spending so much time working out its taken from playing games

I tend to use Goozex and CAG trading for my games, so they usually come opened. I still haven't played Okami and Beyond Good and Evil yet. Those games just keep taunting me...

Many dozens still sealed on the shelf, mostly PS2 JRPGs. Also a pretty good number of PSP, DS, and Wii games in the backlog. Even some GameCube stuff. I buy games faster than I can play them.

No 360 or PS3 for me until I catch up on the last gen. :)

[quote name='CheapyD']The NPD just completed a survey and found that 11% of gamers own unopened games. I've got a feeling that CAG's percentage will be significantly higher.[/quote]

and why?

resell... trade... which is not the norm for everyone. Norm i've seen here is buy on clearence and flip/sell/trade sealed.... not actually playing unless they buy 2.

I always like reading the manual, even if I don't get to playing it.

so none!

[quote name='keithp']Nope. If I buy it I want to at least pop it in and see what it's about. I may put it down until later but I've got to at least load it up![/quote]
^ what he said...

I get 90% as my games from CAGs used and played. I think I do have an unopened saints row 2 just have not found the time to take back to toy r us for some I want

I had a lot of the stuff from the TRU clearance sealed but then i got bored...
Theres no way a game can stay sealed on my shelf for more than a few weeks. Them shits are for playin'.

I've got maybe 10-12 still sealed. The number I have opened but unplayed is definitely a bit higher, but I'm working my way through.

I have a bunch of unopened games lying around because a) I don't have a console/computer/thing to play it on, or b) I haven't had the time to play it yet. I don't make a big deal out of having sealed games, since I collect mostly for playing the games, and usually I sell off my sealed games only to buy the same game but opened or cart only.

I don't have any unopened games, but I do have a few which I bought used within the past couple months that I haven't even started yet.

I had some in the past, but have done pretty well with this generation of consoles. I don't have any unopened games anymore.

Some do only get opened and played a small amount, however.

bread's done
Back