Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

AJRogers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Trade in two games from the list on this flyer, and get a new game from the list for $19.99 or $9.99

Gamestop is extending the Deal, posted by JohnLa101
[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]

Extended Deal - Expires 11/23

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/23/08
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541265.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/23/08

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541266.jpg

Old Deal Ending 11/02

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Games.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Gamelist.jpg

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75 - No deal, not on list

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, kinda wished i picked up DBZ: Burst Limit when it was clearanced at my Target for $15. Then would have traded in my Halo 3 (which i got for $9) for Saints Row 2...

This has been going on for a while. There were a few posts about it, but I'm not sure that it got its own thread. The deal is good through 11/02. Lego Star Wars (at least on the 360, probably the others as well) no longer qualifies for the deal automatically, due to the price drop, but they may be willing to override it for you (they did for me). I don't know for certain if there are others that no longer qualify.

Oh God, they brought back this horrible promotion again?!? I'm so sick of GameStop having complicated promotions that takes a 5-paragraph essay to explain. Can't they just stick to giving out good coupons online? How about a straight-forward 10% off?

Wow. Where did you find the flier? Usually when I go to Gamestop they find a way to weasel out of honoring their own deals if I don't have some sort of proof with the details.

If they don't need the case, I see that 360 Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda are on the trade-inable list. If you happened to find a couple of those combos during a B2G1, they would have been $24. If they do B2G1 again this weekend, I'm just sayin...

Do they require case/manual for these? I bought C&C 3 the other day and they gave me the Kane's Wrath disc by mistake.

[quote name='rufio2004nfg']Wow. Where did you find the flier? Usually when I go to Gamestop they find a way to weasel out of honoring their own deals if I don't have some sort of proof with the details.[/quote]

I went in for the $10 when you trade in 2 deal and the guy pointed out the stack of fliers on the counter and told me that was a better deal. The guys at this store have always been willing to help people out :applause:

[quote name='dafoomie']Do they require case/manual for these? I bought C&C 3 the other day and they gave me the Kane's Wrath disc by mistake.[/quote]

I don't see anything in the fine print, you'll have to call and ask.

[quote name='dafoomie']Do they require case/manual for these? I bought C&C 3 the other day and they gave me the Kane's Wrath disc by mistake.[/quote]

I realize this was their mistake, but don't you think you should see about swapping for the game you actually purchased?

As far as requiring case/manual, I'd imagine it's YMMV.

Most stores should have gotten these flyers weeks ago. A few stores may not have gotten them. If the store didn't get them, you may have to try another (thanks to the EB/GS merger, you shouldn't have to travel much farther than you would to find a Starbucks (unless you are in Seattle or NYC, or have a Starbucks under your anchor desk)). At the stores that did not have flyers, I was given responses ranging from "That promotion ended" to "That promotion never existed", to one guy spending 20 minutes trying to find it, and ending up calling around to another store and getting them to bring some of the flyers over (I did not wait around for the flyers to be delivered, but it was nice that this guy went the extra mile, considering the other responses).

[quote name='mvp828']CAGs please don't due this, it is such a rip-off. BlockBuster offers you so much more for most of those.[/quote]

Even after you factor in the 300 miles (round trip) worth of gas and time I would have to spend to get to the nearest non-franchise Blockbuster?

hmm, I was already thinking about trading Super Smash Bros: Brawl and The Orange Box (PS3) with the 30% cell phone coupon. I think that will give me more than $40 which is what this deal appears to be worth.

Sorry for the double post, but CAG for the iPhone doesn't have an edit feature.

Sarrasis, they currently have a trade to next-ten get 10 bonus. However, the 5 extra per game is only effective at anything above $2 and theoretically anything under $12.50 base. Anything after 12.50 is better off using Edge and Cellfire for 40% more trade.

[quote name='Sarrasis']hmm, I was already thinking about trading Super Smash Bros: Brawl and The Orange Box (PS3) with the 30% cell phone coupon. I think that will give me more than $40 which is what this deal appears to be worth.[/quote]

Orange Box is a good candidate for this deal, but, yeah, if SSBB is still trading for ~$27, then it obviously isn't the best value to trade it in on this deal. If I were you, I'd see if I could find something else on the list to pair up with Orange Box.

[quote name='mvp828']Sorry for the double post, but CAG for the iPhone doesn't have an edit feature.

Sarrasis, they currently have a trade to next-ten get 10 bonus. However, the 5 extra per game is only effective at anything above $2 and theoretically anything under $12.50 base. Anything after 12.50 is better off using Edge and Cellfire for 40% more trade.[/quote]

Trade 2 get $10 bonus works for games with individual base trade values over $1, not just over $2. Also, the 10% Edge stacks, but only on the base, not on the bonus, so it is actually beneficial to do the trade 2 get $10 bonus up on games with up to $16.66 base trade value -- Above that, Cellfire is better.

BTW, You have no idea how many times I've wished I had a corporate-owned BlockBuster around here.

Gears gets 25 I believe, and not sure on Bully. I think it sells for 19.99 or 24.99 used, so prolly not to much.

I didn't know it was $2. I was just going based ok what everyone says in the BB/GR thread. Also, my math was off, forgot to take into account edge+$5 on games vs 40% extra.

Most games on the trade list is Ripping Off MSRP $29.99 - $49.99 and they want 2 of your games plus extra $10 - $20. Crazy deal ever ...!

a little tip:
If you don't want any of the new games on that list, you can simply pick up any game, then keep the reciept, you have 30 days to bring the game back to trade for another new game, or heck, even cash.

Hey about this: buy 2 Lego Star Wars for Wii which is about 27.00 (with CAG16 and Edge card) shipped from Gamestop, and trade back in with 20 dollars for Fallout 3. I wonder if there are cheaper games on the list though...

[quote name='lilwiggum']Hey about this: buy 2 Lego Star Wars for Wii which is about 27.00 (with CAG16 and Edge card) shipped from Gamestop, and trade back in with 20 dollars for Fallout 3. I wonder if there are cheaper games on the list though...[/quote]

Lego Star Wars is YMMV. It does require the employee to override. However, with it listed in the flyer, most employees may be willing to do so.

Tiger 08 is also a good one to use for this deal. 12.59 after 20% off + Edge I believe.

Also, at least in my two cases, I have been able to apply Edge to the games traded in, so got an extra percentage taken away from the amount owed.

Depending on the games used, you can get a brand new title for roughly 43 in credit.

oh wow, just saw that skate is on the list. I want to keep Lost Odyssey but I might do this or go back and pick up a copy of DBZ: Burst Limit for $14.98.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']I wonder how many idiots will trade in Wii Fit + Balance Board for this deal.[/quote]
Haha, I was thinking the same thing too. What kind of idiots would trade it Wii Fit + Balance Board for this crappy deal? Hopefully, not too many.

Anyway, this deal can turn out to be good if the games I trade in are crappy games that I bought for cheap and I don't even play anymore.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 - Should I trade in PS3 or 360 version?
skate - same as above, trade in PS3 or 360 version?
Oblivion (360) - I already have the GOTY version, no need for this version
MLB 2K8 (360) - I got it for only $8 and MLBA08 The Show is superior.
FIFA 08 (PS3) - Bought for $10
FIFA08 (Wii) - Bought for $5

That should be enough to get Fallout 3, Midnight Club LA and another game.

[quote name='supaet']a little tip:
If you don't want any of the new games on that list, you can simply pick up any game, then keep the reciept, you have 30 days to bring the game back to trade for another new game, or heck, even cash.[/quote]

They may or may not put up a fuss if you try to exchange it for a different game, although you could probably do it. I don't think you'd be able to get cash, though. Store credit at best.

[quote name='lilwiggum']Hey about this: buy 2 Lego Star Wars for Wii which is about 27.00 (with CAG16 and Edge card) shipped from Gamestop, and trade back in with 20 dollars for Fallout 3. I wonder if there are cheaper games on the list though...[/quote]

There are some problems with that.

1. Ordering online at this point, there is a chance that the games would not arrive in time for the deal (expires 11/02). You'd be better off finding a local store that has the games you want and using the cellfire 20% coupon (which would save you a little more). Also, ordering online, you aren't guaranteed case and instructions, which could cause them to deny this deal. If you get the games in store, you can choose complete ones.

2. I'm not sure Lego Star Wars for Wii still qualifies. It is possible, since they haven't updated their price for the new version, but I know the 360 one no longer qualifies, so there is a good chance the Wii version won't.

3. If it doesn't qualify any more, you can probably get them to override 1, but I think they might suspect something is up if you try trading 2 of the same (cheap) game with this deal. Better to try different games. CSI: Hard Evidence is the same price (17.99 used before discounts), and is on the list, but I don't know if it has been disqualified as well.

4. Keep in mind that you will have to pay tax not only on the games you are buying in order to trade, but also on the full sale price ($59.99) of Fallout 3. Not a deal killer, but tax here is 9.25%, so it hurts. It didn't stop me from doing this deal, though... twice. Both times, one of my games was a Lego Star Wars for 360. Both of which I got during the B2G1 sale. I stink ;)

This deal stacked w/Edge for me;traded R6V2 and TW 08 and paid 19.67 out the door for NBA2K9.
Total TIV was 20.45 for TW08 and 20.98 for R6V2.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Lego Star Wars is YMMV. It does require the employee to override. However, with it listed in the flyer, most employees may be willing to do so.

Tiger 08 is also a good one to use for this deal. 12.59 after 20% off + Edge I believe.

Also, at least in my two cases, I have been able to apply Edge to the games traded in, so got an extra percentage taken away from the amount owed.

Depending on the games used, you can get a brand new title for roughly 43 in credit.[/quote]

Aah, Tiger 08, good find. I couldn't apply edge to mine, possibly because of the override the second time. The first time, my $2 edge card hadn't arrived yet.

[quote name='AJRogers']I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:[/quote]

Hey TC, I realise you already listed two other valid games for the trade-in deal (GTAIV and BP), but did you also mean you managed to include Cabela's Alaskan in that as well?

Cause I don't see that listed in the flyer (only has Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2009), but I've got the Alaskan one from some lot of games I bought but never played it at all and would love to get rid of it at some value.;)http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/home/949620.html

[quote name='kazunori']Hey TC, I realise you already listed two other valid games for the trade-in deal (GTAIV and BP), but did you also mean you managed to include Cabela's Alaskan in that as well?

Cause I don't see that listed in the flyer (only has Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2009), but I've got the Alaskan one from some lot of games I bought but never played it at all and would love to get rid of it at some value.;)[/quote]

Nah, he was just listing it as something else he traded in. It does not qualify.

Holy Shit. I just traded Skate (360), Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Wii), and Kung Fu Panda/LEGO Indiana Jones (360). I picked up Fallout 3 and GH: World Tour for the 360. The dude had to do it manually because of the LEGO Indiana Jones ineligibility thing. I don't know what happened, but I didn't pay a cent and he credited $33.22 to my account and I walked out with my games. I got 2 games and over $30 for 2 games I didn't want in the first place and two games I don't play anymore. Sweet.

What if you went to walmart, did the 2 for 30 deal - picking skate and orange box, then went to gamestop and took advantage of this deal, you save ten bucks.

[quote name='kazunori']Hey TC, I realise you already listed two other valid games for the trade-in deal (GTAIV and BP), but did you also mean you managed to include Cabela's Alaskan in that as well?

Cause I don't see that listed in the flyer (only has Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2009), but I've got the Alaskan one from some lot of games I bought but never played it at all and would love to get rid of it at some value.;)[/quote]

There was no deal applied to Cabela's. I just listed it to have an up to date GS TIV posted on the boards somewhere.

[quote name='japaki']What if you went to walmart, did the 2 for 30 deal - picking skate and orange box, then went to gamestop and took advantage of this deal, you save ten bucks.[/quote]

Tax + shipping on Walmart deal, not that great a savings. Plus, Skate and Orange Box aren't in the list anymore.

[quote name='Jqwerty']Holy Shit. I just traded Skate (360), Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Wii), and Kung Fu Panda/LEGO Indiana Jones (360). I picked up Fallout 3 and GH: World Tour for the 360. The dude had to do it manually because of the LEGO Indiana Jones ineligibility thing. I don't know what happened, but I didn't pay a cent and he credited $33.22 to my account and I walked out with my games. I got 2 games and over $30 for 2 games I didn't want in the first place and two games I don't play anymore. Sweet.[/quote]
you lucky man.

[quote name='AJRogers']There was no deal applied to Cabela's. I just listed it to have an up to date GS TIV posted on the boards somewhere.[/quote]

Ah I see, thanks.

I've bought Fifa 09, Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Saints Row 2 from this deal buying games straight from Gamestop with my Cellfire coupon. I also bought a bunch of these eligible games during the B2G1 (each games comes out to $40-42 each after the $20 + the 2 games)

The ones to pick up (in the $17.99 range) $12 and change after cellfire+EDGE:

Wii Games:
Fifa 08
Tiger Woods 08
CSI Hard Evidence
WWE Smackdown 2008

I cleaned out all my Gamestops. Good deal for those wanting these new games on release day. I feel bad now not posting this earlier.

Hmm...im tempted to trade Gears and MLB 2k8 for the fable deal...so tempting, considering I never play Gears and MLB 2k8 blows until you fiddle the hell out of it with sliders...

What is the trade in price for Resistance and MLB 08 The Show? I may trade those in for Fallout...although, I might get more at Blockbuster.

I realized I also have Godfather (PS3) and Ghost Squad....I haven't touched either in forever, so that might be a good trade alsol.

Going to pick up 2 Lego Star Wars and 2 DBZ: Burst Limits and get Saints Row and Midnight Club for the 360, will possibly trade one of those for Far Cry 2.

Thanks OP.. last night I traded in Lego Star Wars and the Orange Box for Fallout and with the $10 bonus, and after existing credit, ended up paying $30-something... today I mentioned this promotion and was able to get it for basically the tradein games only, maybe some of the edge card credit, too. It's hard to tell... I think they refunded my credit card more than I payed with it, and still put a buck or so back on the edge card. *shrug* I got the game with no cash outlay. Woot!

[quote name='supaet']a little tip:
If you don't want any of the new games on that list, you can simply pick up any game, then keep the reciept, you have 30 days to bring the game back to trade for another new game, or heck, even cash.[/quote]

Actually, no. GameStop's return policy is that brand-new games can only be returned for another copy of the same game. On used games, you can do a one-time return within seven days, and even then, it's for store credit. Some managers are more flexible than others, but that's what corporate says the return policy is.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Actually, no. GameStop's return policy is that brand-new games can only be returned for another copy of the same game. On used games, you can do a one-time return within seven days, and even then, it's for store credit. Some managers are more flexible than others, but that's what corporate says the return policy is.[/quote]

thats strange, last year i returned my brand new copy of assasins creed with receipt 2,3 weeks later for mass effect, and they exchanged it no questions asked.

is this a new policy? or was the manager just coolio?

btw, i guess the wii sports titles (fifa, woods 08) are the best flippers, no?

bread's done
Back