Resistance: Fall of Man $19.99 at Amazon.com

I'm probably get Resistance 2 because of the beta, but I've never play the first. Will I need to play it to understand what's going on?

[quote name='kipz']I'm probably get Resistance 2 because of the beta, but I've never play the first. Will I need to play it to understand what's going on?[/quote]

I don't think so but I must say that the first one was pretty good.

I rented it and was pretty happy playing it for the week I had it.

$20 is a good price for anyone who has not played this game.

[quote name='kipz']I'm probably get Resistance 2 because of the beta, but I've never play the first. Will I need to play it to understand what's going on?[/quote]

I think in the IGN review they said that knowing the plot of Resistance 1 isn't that necessary.

I bit . . . with the PS2 memory card adapter . . . $28 and free shipping.

OK, now I need a PS3 :)

I won't buy Resistance 2 until its $20.

I think it would be sufficient to check out something like Wikipedia and just read the plot summary. It's not a deep story, but you may still want to have a few facts down.

[quote name='schultzed']I bit . . . with the PS2 memory card adapter . . . $28 and free shipping.

I won't buy Resistance 2 until its $20.[/QUOTE]

You are going to be waiting a heck of a long time........Resistance did not finally hit the $30.00 mark until a couple of months ago...almost two years after it's release. This will be no different. It will hold at $59.99 with possible $39.99 sales going on but $20.00....good luck. I personally will not wait that long for Resistance 2. Most games I am with you....no more than $10-$20. :)

[quote name='rcavictor1956']You are going to be waiting a heck of a long time........Resistance did not finally hit the $30.00 mark until a couple of months ago...almost two years after it's release. This will be no different. It will hold at $59.99 with possible $39.99 sales going on but $20.00....good luck. I personally will not wait that long for Resistance 2. Most games I am with you....no more than $10-$20. :)[/quote]

Holy crap I haven't notied it been 2 years already since the PS3 been around.....

[quote name='schultzed']I bit . . . with the PS2 memory card adapter . . . $28 and free shipping.

I won't buy Resistance 2 until its $20.[/quote]

Since you mentioned you got a PS2 memory card adapter, I'll remind you if you don't already know that the current PS3's aren't backwards compatible with PS2 games (but are BC with PS1 games).

[quote name='robbrism']What was the Wal-mart deal?[/QUOTE]

That might be the buy two for $30 type deal they have going on. There's a thread for it probably on the first few pages.

Wal Mart's evil of course, but I suppose it's not too bad buying stuff from them if it's WELL under full price... (I guess...)

Horrible game but I expected more than just shooting Chimera for 5-10 seconds until they died & a sterotypical "space marine" main character who is just a mute...Not to mention a non-existent story.

Played some MP to see if that would make up for it, made me depise it even more.

I just couldn't deal with the difficulty in the demo. I wasn't expecting a real story (though it would sure be nice), because these games NEVER have a real story. I mean aside from fanbois who somehow think Halo has this brilliant story (aliens are attacking! Shoot them!) and I'm sure there are people who think the same about this.

I thought Resistance (and Halo, infact) had quite compelling stories. The unfortunate thing with Resistance was how often you were dragged out of the main character's perspective. It created a real sense of detachment.

Does the demo start from the game's beginning? Because the game is far, far harder for the early few minutes until you get infected.

I have my issues with the game, but I can't imagine it not being worth $20.

[quote name='Denbo32']Holy crap I haven't notied it been 2 years already since the PS3 been around.....[/QUOTE]

It is hard to believe......

[quote name='Wolfpup']The demo was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard for me or I'd bite :whistle2:([/QUOTE]I thought the same thing when I bought my PS3 last year. Then someone let me borrow the actual game. I couldn't survive a couple of minutes in the demo, but I played the game for an hour or so. The demo is way harder than the game. I wasn't big into the game, definitely not $60 worth, but it was decent. I was going to buy from the WalMart deal earlier this week, but there were no games I wanted along with Resistance by that time. I would buy at $15, contemplating at $20. Since Site to store probably wasn't available, after shipping the WM deal would have probably been almost the same price. So I may just get this here.

[quote name='TwistedBishop']I thought Resistance (and Halo, infact) had quite compelling stories. The unfortunate thing with Resistance was how often you were dragged out of the main character's perspective. It created a real sense of detachment.

Does the demo start from the game's beginning? Because the game is far, far harder for the early few minutes until you get infected.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MorPhiend']I thought the same thing when I bought my PS3 last year. Then someone let me borrow the actual game. I couldn't survive a couple of minutes in the demo, but I played the game for an hour or so. The demo is way harder than the game. I wasn't big into the game, definitely not $60 worth, but it was decent. I was going to buy from the WalMart deal earlier this week, but there were no games I wanted along with Resistance by that time. I would buy at $15, contemplating at $20. [/QUOTE]

Did you select a different difficulty level or something? Maybe that was my problem? I don't think the demo had different difficulties. I seriously couldn't survive more than a few minutes in the demo, and HATED it, and I wanted to like it. If there's an easy mode, and I can actually beat it...

[quote name='Wolfpup']Did you select a different difficulty level or something? Maybe that was my problem? I don't think the demo had different difficulties. I seriously couldn't survive more than a few minutes in the demo, and HATED it, and I wanted to like it. If there's an easy mode, and I can actually beat it...[/QUOTE]

I borrowed it a year ago. I don't remember the specifics. All I know is that I had GRAW2 and I wanted something else. I also wanted to like it, but the demo owned me hardcore. I told this guy that the game sucked and he lent me his copy to convince me otherwise. I ended up not thinking it was great at $60 since I liked GRAW2 way more and got it for like $35 new, but it was a lot better than the demo (and actually playable). I'm probably going to order it by the end of the day if it doesn't go OOS.

Hmm...thanks for the info! I'd probably still suck at it though since I sucked at GRAW when I tried that demo, and I got stuck in Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 also.

I'm sort of weird (maybe?) in that I play a lot of games but I'm not that great at them, and don't want to be "challeneged". I do think games are WAAAAAAAAY too difficult though in general, and I can't imagine with the problems I have how it would be for someone trying to pick up a game for the first time and trying it out, and just getting stuck.

I have this game, got it a while ago when I got a ps3, I played it and enjoyed it then I moved onto COD4 and just a few days ago I picked it up again to see if I would like it and maybe actually finish it, needless to say I played for 5 mins before I put in a different game. The controls felt non-precise and I was getting killed left and right.

[quote name='PJV9126']I have this game, got it a while ago when I got a ps3, I played it and enjoyed it then I moved onto COD4 and just a few days ago I picked it up again to see if I would like it and maybe actually finish it, needless to say I played for 5 mins before I put in a different game. The controls felt non-precise and I was getting killed left and right.[/QUOTE]

If you were getting killed left and right you must have been rushing through the level like there was no tomorrow. You need to use cover....if you only played five minutes I can see why you died so easy. I did the same thing when I played this title after finishing a long..long time ago. The pace takes some getting use to but one thing you cannot do is run and gun in the open. There are too many chimera in the beginning. I still love this game...especially the co-op. I cannot wait to play resistance 2. :)

Hmm...well maybe if someone showed me how to play it, but from the demo I just can't do it. Even trying to take cover I couldn't play it at all.

Installing Haze as we speak...

[quote name='Guy Legend']Since you mentioned you got a PS2 memory card adapter, I'll remind you if you don't already know that the current PS3's aren't backwards compatible with PS2 games (but are BC with PS1 games).[/QUOTE]

They're backward compatible in software (like the Xbox 360) aren't they?

[quote name='schultzed']They're backward compatible in software (like the Xbox 360) aren't they?[/QUOTE]

No, they aren't compatible AT ALL. Totally dropped it (which is one reason I'm toying with making the 360 my primary system after all).

The original PS3 (20GB and 60GB models) units have hardware backwards compatibility. Then, Sony released an 80GB model that had software BC. 40GB models and the newer 80GB models only play PS1 and PS3 games.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The original PS3 (20GB and 60GB models) units have hardware backwards compatibility. Then, Sony released an 80GB model that had software BC. 40GB models and the newer 80GB models only play PS1 and PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know this.

On top of this, my plan to get a Sony credit card and get a PS3 for $250 (after a rebate) just fell through because the deal ended yesterday.

Luckily I was still able to cancel my Amazon order.

I'm still not sold on the PS3 anyway.

I didn't particularly like the resistance demo but having played the R2 beta it was a lot of fun mainly co-op. I might bite on the $19.99 resistance at CC with my $15 gc from LBP. I've heard a lot of people say that they didn't like the demo and the full game was a lot of fun.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Circuit City has it for $20 this week as well.[/quote]
Gonna go pick it up this week, got a $10 GC

bread's done
Back