CAG 2008 Presidential Exit Poll

lordwow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
After you've voted, let us know how you voted by party/affiliation.

All votes are anonymous.

Posted tonight for those of us who voted early/absentee.

I voted Obama/Biden in the General Election. I voted for Obama in the Primaries, and am registered as a Democrat.

Aside from that though, here's a rundown of the rest of my ballot:

Democrats - Voted for 3 Candidates
Republicans - Voted for 4 Candidates
Gay Marriage - Voted for it.
Tax Exemptions for Green Energy - Voted for it.

Aside from the state constitutional amendments, my votes went 50/50 between Republicans/Democrats for one of the following reasons:

1. One candidate was more qualified/had a better direction that agreed with my values.
2. One candidate offered nothing but attacks/negativity.
3. One candidate was under legal investigation.

Interestingly enough, at least one of those reasons applied to at least one candidate of each side. In short, I didn't vote along party lines, I voted along qualifications & vision.

~HotShotX

I relucantly voted Obama, as an independent who has tended to lean Republican. Now I just hope the Democrats don't get a supermajority.

[quote name='botticus'] Now I just hope the Democrats don't get a supermajority.[/quote]
So you dont want the party you voted for (albeit reluctantly) to be able to get anything done?

Super majority is the way to go. We wouldntve gotten any of the New Deal legislation through if the republicans couldve filibustered it.

like we need this. we all know how it will turn out. just read one of the debate threads, i expect this to be the same.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']like we need this. we all know how it will turn out. just read one of the debate threads, i expect this to be the same.[/quote]

Hey, this poll is a lot better, with a party affiliation breakdown and everything. And besides, the debate polls were stupid and this one actually matters.

Still too bad that it doesn't have Brokaw...

I am going to vote Obama/Biden.

I am voting mostly democrat except for Steve Rothman because I hate him (I had to campaign for him years back for a school project and he treated us like shit).

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']like we need this. we all know how it will turn out. just read one of the debate threads, i expect this to be the same.[/QUOTE]

Save your sour grapes for tomorrow night, chachi.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']So you dont want the party you voted for (albeit reluctantly) to be able to get anything done?

Super majority is the way to go. We wouldntve gotten any of the New Deal legislation through if the republicans couldve filibustered it.[/QUOTE]

Super majority is never the way to go. Letting one party run amock is a terrible idea, because neither party has fantastic ideas for the country from top to bottom. Full control of any party for a decade could seriously end up close to civil war.

Having balance in all branches of government is suppose to make it so only the really good stuff that most people agree on get passed. At least in theory.

[quote name='mykevermin']Save your sour grapes for tomorrow night, chachi.[/QUOTE]

my grapes would be just as sour if mccain wins. my only hope is that somehow the candidates are actually aliens in disguise. ill write in kodos just in case...

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']my grapes would be just as sour if mccain wins. my only hope is that somehow the candidates are actually aliens in disguise. ill write in kodos just in case...[/quote]

But you have to write-in a last name or else they'll throw your vote away (at least that's how it works in my state).

A lot of Republicans do not like McCain, but they'll vote for him because he's the better of 2 evils. If the Democrats had a Super Majority in Congress and he was President, he'd go along their bullshit, and everyone knows it.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']So you dont want the party you voted for (albeit reluctantly) to be able to get anything done?

Super majority is the way to go. We wouldntve gotten any of the New Deal legislation through if the republicans couldve filibustered it.[/quote]I like checks and balances. And I didn't vote for the Democrats, I voted for Obama for President.

I'm an independent and I'll be voting for Obama tomorrow, along with whatever Republicans are running for the House and Senate here (I believe divided government is much better then one party controlling the White House/House/Senate).

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm an independent and I'll be voting for Obama tomorrow, along with whatever Republicans are running for the House and Senate here (I believe divided government is much better then one party controlling the White House/House/Senate).[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty liberal, but I actually voted for the Republican running for Senate and the Independent running for Congress in Rhode Island because the incumbent Democrats voted for the bailout. Just like I said I would on these very forums. :D Of course, they will win in a landslide anyway because it's RI.

I'm all for the Green Party, however I'm realistic and I know that my vote would only take votes away from the Democrats who are lesser of two evils.

I think we need to enact midnight voting. You know, like it was a big video game release or something.

People could dress up. Or go naked! With body paint! And sparklers!

fuck, I'd do it.

Imagine Rocky Horror, but with spooooooooky political overtones! WoooOooOOOooooOOOoOo! SpoooOOOOooookyyyyyy!

Actually it would kick ass and get more people to the polls. With their poles, so to speak.

[quote name='Strell']I think we need to enact midnight voting. You know, like it was a big video game release or something.

People could dress up. Or go naked! With body paint! And sparklers!

fuck, I'd do it.

Imagine Rocky Horror, but with spooooooooky political overtones! WoooOooOOOooooOOOoOo! SpoooOOOOooookyyyyyy!

Actually it would kick ass and get more people to the polls. With their poles, so to speak.[/QUOTE]

I don't need the Free Red Bull gals parading around my election with their little silver and blue cans.

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't need the Free Red Bull gals parading around my election with their little silver and blue cans.[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
They have those in Athens too?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']We wouldntve gotten any of the New Deal legislation through if the republicans couldve filibustered it.[/QUOTE]

You make a convincing case for keeping the Democrats from getting a supermajority.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']:rofl::rofl::rofl:
They have those in Athens too?[/QUOTE]

I'm having recollections of when I went to pick up MGS4 on release night.

Knee deep in two straight weeks of dissertation writing, I decided I wanted to go out for 20 minutes and pick my copy up. I was *thisclose* to having my first major revision completed, so I knew I wasn't going to be playing the game anytime soon. I was more intrigued by what the "hafta have it at midnight" gaming culture was like.

It was what I expected: Newport, KY 'billies talking about their 19-year old daughter being freshly divorced, lisped stereotypes talking about the game's plot in a nuanced way that suggested a frightening level of dedication to the web up until the game's release...and the red bull gals.

They handed out the lil' cans for free to those waiting in line. And let's be clear: I'm not a Red Bull, or energy drink, consumer. I like lotsa coffee, but none of this sweet-tart-in-a-$3-can bullshit. So I wasn't used to it. Needless to say, my dissertation revision was finished that night, despite a constant trembling in my body that resembled the DTs.

Funny side note: I'm in line, reading a book and taking notes (that's how I do). This carload of hot-ass (were I 16 again) teenage girls pulled up in their boomin' Toyota Echo. They all yell out to the line: "HEY, WHAT ARE Y'ALL WAITIN' FOR???" Meanwhile, a few kids lispedly shout "METAL GEAR SHOLID FORE GUNSSH OF THE PATRIOTSSH!" The gals convene for a moment, giggle, and yell out "Y'ALL ARE fuckIN' NERDS, WAITIN' FOR A VIDEO GAME AT MIDNIGHT!!!!," had a laugh, and pulled away while the people around me lambasted them with all of the cleverness of someone who only knows the word "cunt" as an insult. Me? I was impressed. How could I be mad that they called me a nerd? I am waiting for a fucking game at midnight - one I had no intention of even playing for the next several days. So, in the end, you know...they were right. Good form, giggling teenage prats. Good form.

Just got back from casting my ballot for the sane mans choice this year. Nice thing about living in a small town was I was in and out within 20 mins!

Am I supposed to get a voter's registration card or something? I registered weeks ago, and I never got anything in the mail...:lol:

Independent (No affiliation) - Obama for me. Woke up at 4:30 to go vote and it took about 2 hours.

Next year it'll probably have to be absentee, which sucks.

[quote name='lilboo']Am I supposed to get a voter's registration card or something? I registered weeks ago, and I never got anything in the mail...:lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Just show up to the right polling place and bring ID.

Myke: My boyfriend drinks that shit too, a few times a week. I wish he'd get off of it and just get enough sleep at night, as I know he is able to.

[quote name='lilboo']Am I supposed to get a voter's registration card or something? I registered weeks ago, and I never got anything in the mail...:lol:[/QUOTE]

Different states are different. Just to be on the safe side make sure you have a good picture I.D with you, something that shows your residence like a bank statement and your social security card.

Registered Independent, voted Nader.

If I lived anywhere that was not a solid bet for Obama, I would have voted for Obama.

I have to say I am a little surprised by how many people vote for Obama but Republican everything else. I would not have thought so many people do stuff like that. I figured most people voted party lines.

A little impressed with you cagy's. ;)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm pretty liberal, but I actually voted for the Republican running for Senate and the Independent running for Congress in Rhode Island because the incumbent Democrats voted for the bailout. Just like I said I would on these very forums. :D Of course, they will win in a landslide anyway because it's RI.[/QUOTE]

Well then I guess you can't vote for Obama (or McCain) since they both voted for the bailout too.

Voted for Obama and straight Democrat. As this is the first time I got to vote where Democrats were guaranteed to win (Mass.) it gave me a pretty good feeling. One thing that annoys me is that I had to vote for Judges. How are you suppose to informatively vote for a judge and even should we?

My boyfriend voted today in Columbus, OH, NO LINE!!!, which I was very surprised about. He was pissed that they didn't have full copies of the bond issues though, and reported them. :lol:

[quote name='thrustbucket']Well then I guess you can't vote for Obama (or McCain) since they both voted for the bailout too.[/QUOTE]

Jesus christ thrustbucket, I already explained I voted for Obama even though he voted for the bailout because my hatred of McCain fully outweighs this.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My boyfriend voted today in Columbus, OH, NO LINE!!!, which I was very surprised about. He was pissed that they didn't have full copies of the bond issues though, and reported them. :lol:

Jesus christ thrustbucket, I already explained I voted for Obama even though he voted for the bailout because my hatred of McCain fully outweighs this.[/QUOTE]

In this thread? Where? I missed it. And leave Jesus out of this. :)

I actually have the same logic you do: not to vote for anyone that voted for the bailout. Which must also include McCain and Obama (for me). It saddens me to see people vote by hatred (against candidates), and not stick with principles.

I'm an independent.

I wrote in Ron Paul (R) for President.

I voted from Mark Warner (D) and Tom Periello (D) in Virginia. I'm tired of Virgil Goode.

bread's done
Back