Best Retailer Website Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Regardless of the retailer's sales or deals, which website has the best design?
You may want to consider factors such as; integrating additional content into their site, the ease at which you can search for deals, or any other factors you think are important to a great game retailer website.

Polls are now open!

Nominees:

Amazon.com
CircuitCity.com
EBgames.com
GameFly.com
GameStop.com

Ebgames.com for me.

Gamestop is ridiculous with their searches and it is just so cluttered. Plus, the fact that you can't query only in-stock games is stupid.

Gamefly would win if you could combine orders.

I really enjoyed how, if Gamestop.com didn't have it online they'd direct you to do a B&M zip code search to see if your local stores had it. A very handy and customer-friendly online option.

[quote name='sying']EB for the following reasons:
1 Saver
2 CAG 15
3 Cag 16
4 Edge code
5 Search feature[/quote]

1-4 really have nothing to do with the site design, and I find the search feature on GS to be much better. If the EB warehouse is out of an item, it doesn't show up in the search, so one cannot then find out game information or check local store availability.

My vote:

buyrite!!!! BUYRITE is teh ASSHAT!!!" or something like that. Did I say that right? :roll:

JK about buyrite, of course. I spend a lot more time at the EB site, they have some great deals, but I gotta give it to GS. The game finder feature has enabled me pick up both Rhapsody and DDR Disney Mix (Rhapsody has no instructions, and a photocopied insert, but both discs. DDR is Complete!!!) (no, not from California, I am not that much of a jerk -- well, I can't guarantee that, since I didn't really have the opportunity, but I don't think I would have swiped it) over the past couple of weeks. From an aesthetic standpoint, it is really half of one, six dozen of the other, they are both about the same. I haven't checked out gamefly.

I'll have to nominate Amazon/TRU strictly in terms of info available on their site. If you search for something, you usually get accurate results, and I like being able to have concise access to release date, sku #, publisher, reviews, good box art scans, and screenshots. The site is easy to navigate, and they even include in their searches older items that are long out of stock - but they offer used copies through affiliate sellers.

EB has a store search option too and their's is more up to date, Gamestop.com's a few days old, EB updates it daily.

Anyway ebgames.com gets my vote, since I like the fact that I don't have to go through a ton of items to find a actual game in stock unlike Gamestop.com. Plus the store search.

[quote name='Xevious']no love for Amazon? I still like them.[/quote]

amazons site is amazingly cluttered. i hate looking there but they usually have the lowest prices on books.

Amazon is the best from a design POV. The rest are terrible. Ebgames and Gamestop look like something you'd find in the AOL member pages

GS has the best search engine as it brings up the most accurate results. All the other ones bring up anything that remotely relates to what you wanted to search for.

Right now EB games is my online store of choice. I like how all the games on there seem to be available. It's helped me beef up my DC collection immensly, which has been easy BECAUSE of the way you search/look through games on the site!

[quote name='kev']Ebgames.com for me.

Gamestop is ridiculous with their searches and it is just so cluttered. Plus, the fact that you can't query only in-stock games is stupid.

[/quote]

Exactly. I don't want to waste time treading through hundreds of "backordered" titles. If EBGames has it in-stock, its on the site and it can be ordered. If it isn't in-stock then no results show up. That's the way it should be. Eb generally has better prices and discounts too.

Plus, EB guarantees instructions and cases for all GCN, PS2, and Xbox games. Gamestop doesn't.

[quote name='BigDirty']Gamestop's always had the nice in-stock feature... gotta give them the nod since that's how I got the NGage[/quote]

I'd consider facilitating the purchase of an N-gage to be a minus. ;)

either ebgames or gamefly

gamefly doesn't let you combine orders which annoys me, but provide much better information if your not sure about if you want to buy the game

ebgames has a great search engine though...

hard choice ^_^;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back