- - - - -

Club Nintendo

#871 wii skiier   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

wii skiier

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

I got post-play surveys for all my previously registered games, but when I go to try and complete the survey it is blank. Nothing for my VC/WiiWare purchases yet.

*edit* Surveys are showing up now - 10 points each. I also had forgotten to register Wii Fit - I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but that got me 80 points.

Edited by wii skiier, 17 January 2009 - 07:48 PM.
surveys available

#872 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:32 AM

It gives me a post-play survey for Earthworm Jim, yet I still cannot take it.

#873 guinaevere   the incredible disappearing moderator CAGiversary!   7465 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

As a reminder, if you want to trade codes, do so in the Nintendo Club game trading (and selling) thread. Not here. Unless you enjoy making work for me and like having your posts deleted.

#874 Redeema   Refuses to pay full price CAGiversary!   5850 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:08 AM

How did I miss this whole Club Nintendo thing? Frick! I'll be working on this tomorrow as I have tons of codes left unused. Not sure what I want, but I should definitely have enough points to grab myself something nice.

#875 muzras   I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ? CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:15 AM

As a reminder, if you want to trade codes, do so in the Nintendo Club game trading (and selling) thread. Not here. Unless you enjoy making work for me and like having your posts deleted.

:wave: PssstZ. fellow CAGarooZ. :D

I HAZ CodeZ. ;)

#876 judyjudyjudy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

judyjudyjudy

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:24 AM

Just got mine in the mail today as well. They are really cool.

Posted ImagePosted Image

This is the only card that needs to be shown. Of course KK is the Ace of Spades!

Man, I'm torn between these (which I could get now) or the Hanafuda cards (which I'd get after June so I can add points towards the new status). What to do, what to do...

#877 alison   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

So, why don't I have any surveys popped up?
Hmm?

Check your account - I was having the same problems as you, with none of the surveys coming up for games that were migrated over from the My Nintendo account. I just checked my account, and all of the surveys are now in my "To Do" list.

#878 lilboo   Not addicted to WoW CAGiversary!   18235 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

I have the post-play surveys, but I STILL do not have the previously registered game surveys. Games like Wii Fit that I registered and was never given the coins for it.

This is ridiculous.

#879 alison   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

Have you contacted Nintendo? After I contacted them a few weeks ago, I received a couple of e-mails updating me on the issue and that they resolved it. Perhaps Nintendo just needs to be made aware of the specific problem in your account.

It should probably be noted that the product registration surveys are mixed in with the post-play surveys, so if I didn't look closely, I'd assume that they weren't there.

#880 wii skiier   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

wii skiier

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

This may have been answered and I just missed it - do we only get coin-earning post-play surveys for the games that initially gave us coins, or will all registered games eventually generate post-play surveys for more coins?

#881 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

I can't believe they have such tiny pictures of the items at Club Nintendo. I'd love to see what those damn Hanafuda cards actually look like. Why in the world are they so small?

#882 Unassuming Local Guy   Not cool. CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Unassuming Local Guy

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

I can't believe they have such tiny pictures of the items at Club Nintendo. I'd love to see what those damn Hanafuda cards actually look like. Why in the world are they so small?

http://hdrlying.com/...-club-nintendo/

Spoiler

http://www.gameshape...ntry.php?id=906

Spoiler

#883 bs000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

I only got post-play surveys for games I registered after Club Nintendo went live. Any I registered before there was Club Nintendo didn't give me a post-play survey. Oh well. I still got +50 coins.

#884 The Crotch   There are ten sticks of dynamite waiting for you. CAGiversary!   14940 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

Wow. Those cards look... surprisingly awesome.

#885 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

Those Hanafuda cards look cool, but is it actually a game, or are they just to look at? Does it come with rules?

#886 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6957 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

Those Hanafuda cards look cool, but is it actually a game, or are they just to look at? Does it come with rules?

This might help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafuda

#887 lilboo   Not addicted to WoW CAGiversary!   18235 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

FINALLY!!!
My product registration surveys are FINALLY there along with many more post play surveys!!

I have about 1100+ points sitting there O_O
Ontop of my current 800...:-k..

Hooray for G&W and the DS case..and I'll keep the remaining points...just in case...

#888 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:56 PM

I had 4 more post-play surveys today. I should be getting 6 more in time. We're up to 500 points right now and with the 6 to come we'll be up to 560. Plus I picked up a WiiFit yesterday and it's 80 points plus 10 for it's post-play will put us up to 650 and platinum status. Hooray! Now the only question will be... Animal Crossing cards now or Hanafuda cards later? Hmmm.... Well, or something else - I suppose my kids are going to have to have a say in this, seeing how many of the games that went into this are theirs. :)

EDIT: Somebody needs to update the OP with links to the pictures folks have provided of the spoils. The pics at the Club Nintendo site are ridiculously inadequate. Having all the user-provided better pics in the OP would be a good thing.

EDIT2: Note that our copy of Kirby Superstar Ultra was registered on 12/17/08 and I had a post-play for it today. I can't say for certain when the post-play showed up, but I know it wasn't there the last time I checked, which was 1/16/08. My guess is that they probably show up approximately one month later.

Edited by crunchewy, 22 January 2009 - 02:06 PM.

#889 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

Doh. So I show my kids the Club Nintendo site finally and the Animal Crossing cards and... blank stares. No... worse. Like shock or something. Hanafuda cards? Just as bad. I think they couldn't believe I was showing them to them. What caught their fancy was the Mario game case + rainbow stylus set, the one with the goomba. Well, most of the points did come from their games. I told them, OK, but next time we get to 500 points, we are getting the Animal Crossing cards!!! :) Of course, by then the probably won't be available any more.

In any case they have to wait until our next set of post-play surveys come in. We are up to 580 points after registering our Wii Fit last night and filling out the Kirby Superstar Ultra post-play which they had fun doing, although these surveys aren't written for two (or more kids) to answer at once, so some compromises had to be made, plus there are questions such as "age". We went with the youngest. We have 70 more points worth of post-play surveys coming our way, 60 of which I think should arrive near the end of this month. Also have about 3 or 4 DS games that we bought new but don't have the reg cards for that when I get a chance I'm going to call Nintendo about getting registered via UPC, but I suppose I should wait on that until after June.

#890 lilboo   Not addicted to WoW CAGiversary!   18235 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

I have a bunch of surveys left, 740 coins, and I already ordered G&W. I have no idea what else I want. Maybe I'll get the DS case. :-k

#891 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

You mean the "Nintendo DS Lite Case" system case? That seems like a waste to me. There are plenty of cases like that available via normal means and this one doesn't even seem to have any Club Nintendo markings on it or anything to make it unique. At least nothing substantial - just that little tag on the end. It doesn't seem like anything special, but that's just IMHO. If nothing else available floats your boat, maybe save the points for the next round if you can stand the wait?

#892 guinaevere   the incredible disappearing moderator CAGiversary!   7465 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

This might help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafuda

It's also in Clubhouse Games. I found it much easier to learn by playing.

#893 smashbro8   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   3 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

i just received my mario game rack
it holds 9 wii games and looks cool!

#894 qualitydisc   with Rare Y-fold seal CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

qualitydisc

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:59 AM

Those Hanafuda cards are remarkably attractive. I love the mesh of the Nintendo characters with the Japanese aesthetic. I was set on getting the Game & Watch collection, but now I'm not so sure.

#895 tsmvengy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

Sent in a service ticket about adding WiiWare games a couple weeks ago and they just added them two days ago!

#896 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

You guys should wait to do your Post-play surveys in July if you've already hit Platinum status and gotten the prizes you want. They're going to reset your status in July, so you can use those Post-Play surveys to build your coins back to the appropriate status level. 90% of them won't expire until after 2009. Launch games like SM64 will expire in November. Plenty of time to hold off and do these in July.

#897 alison   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

Those Hanafuda cards are remarkably attractive. I love the mesh of the Nintendo characters with the Japanese aesthetic. I was set on getting the Game & Watch collection, but now I'm not so sure.

Ditto - I was going to pick up G&W, but I may be opting for the Hanafuda cards instead.

#898 BlueWingX   Master of Trivia CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

BlueWingX

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

I made the same decision. I was all psyched for the G&W until I found out it only had 3 games. Since I have the old G&W Collections for the GB, I decided the Hanafuda cards are a much better use of my points.

#899 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1549 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

I placed an order for the Hanafuda cards and they arrived within like 4 days! Talk about quick turnaround time!

#900 4tygames   Cover Guru CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:09 AM

I'm at 570 coins and the Picross DS didn't count :wall:

I hate how selective Nintendo is being on which games are accepted and not.