PS3 80GB w/$100 Gift Card and Other Specials at Walmart - 11/8 Only - ONLINE NOW!

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Deal on the PS3 for a $100 gift card if you missed out on the Sony Credit card deal for $150 and no credit hit. This might just put me over the edge. Still want backwards compatible (free up space) but if I wait for that It'll never happen so i'll just keep my phat ps2.

Thanks!

I'm actually tempted by the tv, but I already have one good one! Oh well ... may just have to wait! I wonder if Walmart will be doing the secret sales again this year! :D

crap i shouldn't spend the money. I mean really i'm already spending 100 dollars in games in the next week but a 80gig PS3 with a 100 dollars GC could get me Warhawk, Resistance, and third 60 buck game (either LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted or Eye of Judgement)

Actually anyone know if they usually let you use the GC the same day?

And what does the "Minimum 4 per Store" mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']poor Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Hawaii....prices may vary....

are those 9 items it?[/quote]

damn bastards...

well anyways, the tv is ok... the laptop sucks hard, and the ps3 is ok.

ps2 has a price drop in the form of a damn GC.

oh well..

and the games bundled with the DS... kinda lame.

Walmart could do better.

You should be able to use it same day, just not on the same transaction that you're buying the PS3 on. Minimum 4 per store would mean that every store has at least 4 PS3s for this sale.

These are some great deals, but I'm really hoping the 42" 720P Vizio Plasma which currently sells for about $700 drops to $600 or less. This is finally the year I can afford a HDTV, without having to get a piece of junk.

That new Vizio plasma has an outstanding picture to it. The sound sucks but I have a 5.1 setup.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']poor Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Hawaii....prices may vary....

are those 9 items it?[/quote]

Wisconsin :bomb:

I realize the Laptop leaves a lot to be desired for specs, but I've been looking for a really cheap laptop for my wife to surf the net and do homework on...

I like the $300 price point for a new laptop, anybody have any other thoughts on where i could go for about that money and get something better? If not, I'll be at Wally World fighting throught the WT to get one on Saturday.

So with the PS3 and the $100 giftcard. Will you be able to purchase the PS3 and get the gift card, but then return the PS3 a day later and buy it with the giftcard? Or will the giftcard be part of a package so to speak where if you return the PS3, you have to return the giftcard?

[quote name='bbj77']So with the PS3 and the $100 giftcard. Will you be able to purchase the PS3 and get the gift card, but then return the PS3 a day later and buy it with the giftcard? Or will the giftcard be part of a package so to speak where if you return the PS3, you have to return the giftcard?[/QUOTE]

your scam wotn work

Yeah the line to Wal-mart is gonna be huge. People go crazy for cheap laptops. I bet that there will be more than one news story of people rushing the doors and elderly women getting trampled in the chaos.

I'd like to grab that laptop as an Xmas gift for my SO but I fucking hate giving my money to Walmart.

Plus it's going to be a bitch getting in there on Saturday.

Bah.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']$300 for a standard-size laptop, no matter what the specs, is pretty good. You can't beat it.[/quote]

could we buy it early and get the sale price refunded to us ? and are celerons really that bad ?

Supposed specs on the laptop:

Intel Celeron Processor 575 (2.00 GHz, 1MB Cache, 667MHz front-side bus
Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic with Service Pack 1
2048MB DDR2 system memory
160GB (5400rpm) hard drive
Integrated microphone
SuperMulti EX DVD +/- R/RW drivve with Double Layer Support
15.4 diagonal WXGA high-definition BrightView widescreen display
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with up to 765MB total video memory
802.11b/g wireless LAN
Intergrated 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
3 USB 2.0 ports
Integrated Altec Lansing speakers

Nothing horrific, though no dual-core means Vista gets a little cranky. For $300, it's a basic machine, as befits its price.

You can do much better for $200-$300 more, at the right time from the right store.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If I had the money right now, I would certainly be considering replacing my old Acer Aspire with this.[/quote]Home Basic has everything stripped out of it, so you'd need to think about upgrading it to Home Premium to get all the bells and whistles out of Vista.

Plus, sticking another 2GB of RAM in there wouldn't hurt one bit.

Though, I've seen some much better boxes at $500-$600 when they go on-sale in-store or online, such as Dell.

[quote name='shrike4242']Home Basic has everything stripped out of it, so you'd need to think about upgrading it to Home Premium to get all the bells and whistles out of Vista.

Plus, sticking another 2GB of RAM in there wouldn't hurt one bit.

Though, I've seen some much better boxes at $500-$600 when they go on-sale in-store or online, such as Dell.[/quote]

Well, considering the machine you're getting, you're probably better off with Home Basic, anyway. Most of the added features of Premium would be meaningless on such a computer, like Aero and HTPC functions. You're probably even better off dual-booting Linux and just using that, resorting to Vista only when you actually need a Windows OS for some reasons.

You can certainly get better laptops, but you'll have to pay more, even with sales. For $300, this is not, comparatively, a big blow to one's budget. The only thing close is something along the lines of Asus' Eee PCs and similar products. And frankly, a 6'1, 230 pound man would look silly using one of those.

To anyone afraid of giving Wal-Mart you business if you only buy these items they will actually be losing money. They are hoping to sell you extended warranties, cables, and hoping you do the rest of your shopping there. So if you don't like Wal-Mart don't steer clear of these deals, stick it to them by only purchasing items with razor thin margins or that they might even be taking a small loss on.

Personally I refuse to stand in line for these types of sales because my time is worth more than the savings, but I were still a college kid the story would be different.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, considering the machine you're getting, you're probably better off with Home Basic, anyway. Most of the added features of Premium would be meaningless on such a computer, like Aero and HTPC functions. You're probably even better off dual-booting Linux and just using that, resorting to Vista only when you actually need a Windows OS for some reasons.

You can certainly get better laptops, but you'll have to pay more, even with sales. For $300, this is not, comparatively, a big blow to one's budget. The only thing close is something along the lines of Asus' Eee PCs and similar products. And frankly, a 6'1, 230 pound man would look silly using one of those.[/quote]All very valid points, especially at the price point you're looking at. Height and weight of the user not withstanding, of course. ;)

[quote name='52club']To anyone afraid of giving Wal-Mart you business if you only buy these items they will actually be losing money. They are hoping to sell you extended warranties, cables, and hoping you do the rest of your shopping there. So if you don't like Wal-Mart don't steer clear of these deals, stick it to them by only purchasing items with razor thin margins or that they might even be taking a small loss on.

Personally I refuse to stand in line for these types of sales because my time is worth more than the savings, but I were still a college kid the story would be different.[/quote]They're doorbusters, yes. That's pretty clear from the pricing. If you won't go there, I'm sure there's ten people willing to jump into your spot in line waiting for them to open.

Anyway, I'm wondering about the people who lined up last year, would lining up 1 hour early cut it, or even 2 hours? or would I have to camp over night just to get a minimum 4 more store deal?

Is this sale widely advertised, or only on the site? The bank doesn't open until 9:30, and without a paycheck to blow I can't get the laptop, unless this is like last year's secret sales where not many people knew about them (in my area anyway).

im kinda looking to get a ps3. the min 4 per store isnt very hopeful. does anyone know if there will be any other deals on ps3s anywhere between now and christmas?

If not for that Celeron, I'd probably have to get the laptop even though I hate HP/Compaq. Mine has been dying for quite some time. Ah well, the wait continues!

The laptop is good for a kid or someone with Basic needs. Not a gaming laptop to be sure however, but better and more fully featured than the netbooks you see at around that price range with nowhere near the storage.

from what ive read, resistance is on par with gears of War 1 and maybe Halo....20 bucks isnt bad at all for a new copy. If you have a PS3 or know someone that does..good deal or buy is with the GC you get IF you buy the PS3

[quote name='shrike4242']
Though, I've seen some much better boxes at $500-$600 when they go on-sale in-store or online, such as Dell.[/QUOTE]
So in other words, you've seen better machines at TWICE THE PRICE. Imagine that. :)

That compaq would be awesome if you threw Windows XP on it. I had a similarly-spec'd Compaq that I used for work last year, and I did just that. I wiped the Vista, and put on XP Pro. It ran very nicely.

But keep in mind that the 2 GB of RAM is probably the max that it takes. It's worth researching before somebody pulls the trigger on it.

[quote name='techstar25']So in other words, you've seen better machines at TWICE THE PRICE. Imagine that. :)

That compaq would be awesome if you threw Windows XP on it. I had a similarly-spec'd Compaq that I used for work last year, and I did just that. I wiped the Vista, and put on XP Pro. It ran very nicely.

But keep in mind that the 2 GB of RAM is probably the max that it takes. It's worth researching before somebody pulls the trigger on it.[/quote]Like the TV argument, sometimes it's better to save a few pennies now for a much better option later.

If you did wipe the system and put XP on it, I'm sure it would run better than that one.

Do we have a model number on that Sony Walkman MP3 player? Seems like there are several, slightly different models that look like that.

[quote name='bbj77']So with the PS3 and the $100 giftcard. Will you be able to purchase the PS3 and get the gift card, but then return the PS3 a day later and buy it with the giftcard? Or will the giftcard be part of a package so to speak where if you return the PS3, you have to return the giftcard?[/quote]

It won't work, the Service Desk system will ask for the gift card which will have to go through for the return to be processed. Nice try, its scams like this that cause people extreme headaches :( Cheap is good, but don't be an asshole ;)

[quote name='talonthrawn']It won't work, the Service Desk system will ask for the gift card which will have to go through for the return to be processed. Nice try, its scams like this that cause people extreme headaches :( Cheap is good, but don't be an asshole ;)[/quote]

QFT

specs for the pc...

* Intel Celeron Processor 575 2.00 GHz, 667MHz FSB, 1MB Cache
* 2048MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
* 15.4" Diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen LCD (1280 x 800)
* 160GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)
* SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW drive
* Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN
* 802.11b/g WLAN
* 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery
* Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic with Service Pack 1

same one they had for the laptop late september.

Damn you, screen. I prefer everything about the 3000 except the screen flaws. I haven't managed to find a 3000 to see with my own eyes, but if it's even half as bad as I can tell from photos, that's awful.

I've been flipping back and forth between getting a 2000 and 3000, and I keep hoping that Sony announces that they're going to replace the faulty screens. So I keep waiting, and gah.

[quote name='bbj77']So with the PS3 and the $100 giftcard. Will you be able to purchase the PS3 and get the gift card, but then return the PS3 a day later and buy it with the giftcard? Or will the giftcard be part of a package so to speak where if you return the PS3, you have to return the giftcard?[/QUOTE]

shit like this would get you womped on here....I miss those days

That laptop would totally suffice for a second comp for surfing the net and Office programs. May just get that for my wife so I can have the laptop back full time. TV is nice, but just a bit much. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back