GoGamer Madness: Warhammer (360) $10, End War (360) $40, Spidey (360/PC) $43/$20

Anyone have any recommendations I am probably gonna get 1 of Fallout collection, Unreal Anthology or Warhammer Battle March. Any suggestions on which one to get or if they are good deals or not?

[quote name='jaydepps']Anyone have any recommendations I am probably gonna get 1 of Fallout collection, Unreal Anthology or Warhammer Battle March. Any suggestions on which one to get or if they are good deals or not?[/quote]

You know why it's 83% off? Because Warhammer Battle March is not a good idea on the 360. It's one of those RTS games that'll make you kick yourself for not buying it on a PC. It wasn't a good game to begin with and 360 controls just adds more frustatration to it. You're better off with C&C3 or Red Alert 3 (or even Universe at War). If you seriously want to play a Warhammer RTS, go for PC versions and try Dawn of War Platinum or the soon-to-be released Dawn of War II are better choices.

I'm not gonna lie though. $10 is REALLY tempting. I'd say Fallout would give you the most game for your money, but I personally would choose Unreal Anthology. Sweet fraggin' memories...

Anyway, this sale couldn't have come at a better time. I've been debating on whether or not I should return EndWar to Gamestop. I could live without te bonus extra Battallions code they have. Might as well buy now and save $25. Thanks, MrNEWZ!

Great price for Endwar and it's an awesome game.
Comes out to $45 with shipping and tax.
Too bad I'm so broke i can't even afford my most wanted game :cry:.

Now I'm not suggesting any one do this because it would be very unethical but.......
I have known people to buy say this warhammer game for the 360 and then return the game to Wal mart who still sells the game for 59.95. They will take unopened games without a recipt and give you full store credit. Then you can get a different game thats actually worth the 60 bucks..............or so i have heard.

[quote name='grimhope']Now I'm not suggesting any one do this because it would be very unethical but.......[/QUOTE]

Then why suggest it in the first place?

[quote name='grimhope']Now I'm not suggesting any one do this because it would be very unethical but.......[/quote]
this+will+not+end+well.jpg

Unreal Anthology - good, but dated at this point and it includes Unreal 2 (shudder) - the worst game in the series...well, next to that Xbox UT version. UT has not been quite as much fun ever since they took the weapon out that decapitated people (the throwing razor weapon - whatever it was called).

Fallout Anthology - good as well....just not sure I can break myself from Fallout 3 and LBP.

If I had not just got the GW dual pack, I'd be all over this.

Thanks OP for the heads up though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody please explain to me why GoGamer sells 2 versions of the games they put on sale , each with different item numbers? If you search for End War there's another XBOX 360 version that sells for $55. Saint's Row 2 also has 2 versions with 2 different prices. What gives? This seems pretty shady to me.

i wasn't sure about EndWar but reviews have been terrific. great price so i jumped on it.

[quote name='roymustang']Can somebody please explain to me why GoGamer sells 2 versions of the games they put on sale , each with different item numbers? If you search for End War there's another XBOX 360 version that sells for $55. Saint's Row 2 also has 2 versions with 2 different prices. What gives? This seems pretty shady to me.[/quote]

just my theory, but the gogamer madness is usually for the people who subscribe to their newsletter so people get the direct links to the sales. i think if people did a regular search on the site, they might end up with the full price page instead if they didn't look hard enough.

Thanks...I'll give Warhammer a run for that price. Not that I don't have enough to play...but that is one of those specials I'll always wonder about missing.

[quote name='jmbreci']If you are not suggesting it, then WTF are you doing posting it? Not only unethical, but illegal as well. Way to add value to the conversation.

Unreal Anthology - good, but dated at this point and it includes Unreal 2 (shudder) - the worst game in the series...well, next to that Xbox UT version. UT has not been quite as much fun ever since they took the weapon out that decapitated people (the throwing razor weapon - whatever it was called).

Fallout Anthology - good as well....just not sure I can break myself from Fallout 3 and LBP.

If I had not just got the GW dual pack, I'd be all over this.

Thanks OP for the heads up though![/quote]

It's not illegal. If you buy something for $10 and sell it for $20, the police won't show up at your door. It's called free trade. If it were illegal then Wal Mart wouldn't be accepting the game back without a receipt. Whether or not it is unethical is debatable. Although seeing as how people make money on the stock market by buying low and selling high, I'm not entirely sure it is.

[quote name='SixStringChild']It's not illegal. If you buy something for $10 and sell it for $20, the police won't show up at your door. It's called free trade. If it were illegal then Wal Mart wouldn't be accepting the game back without a receipt. Whether or not it is unethical is debatable. Although seeing as how people make money on the stock market by buying low and selling high, I'm not entirely sure it is.[/quote]

Well besides this being old news, I'm pretty sure its considered return fraud. Just because Wal-Mart allows it doesn't mean it isn't illegal (and there is no way their policy is to accept returns for full credit that weren't bought at Wal-Mart originally). They just haven't (yet) like TRU refused returns without receipts, but they do limit you (I'm not sure how they track this) to a certain number of returns without receipt a year, exactly because of this type of fraud and from people shoplifting and then returning without a receipt.

[quote name='SixStringChild']It's not illegal. If you buy something for $10 and sell it for $20, the police won't show up at your door. It's called free trade. If it were illegal then Wal Mart wouldn't be accepting the game back without a receipt. Whether or not it is unethical is debatable. Although seeing as how people make money on the stock market by buying low and selling high, I'm not entirely sure it is.[/quote]

You are not buying something for $10 and selling it for $20 (or $60). Buying a game for $10, and "returning" it to a store that it did not come from for a profit is fraud. Walmart accepts returns without a receipt because people lose receipts. They are not in the game trading business. If you want to trade a game, go to GameStop or GameCrazy or Blockbuster (if your Blockbusters take trades. Mine don't).

BTW, anyone know the current trade values for Warhammer at any of those?

how's the Fallout collection. I wanted to buy it last time but i heard there was some problem with the version they had on sale.

Damn it. I was just doing some research on the stupid Warhammer game and its gone.

Maybe I will pick up Endwar or Spiderman (take back my used copy to EB)

[quote name='Wolfkin']how's the Fallout collection. I wanted to buy it last time but i heard there was some problem with the version they had on sale.[/quote]

someone said it was the EU version of the game which removed children and in turn disabled some quests. not sure if there was any truth to that.

The publisher of this version though [Global Software Publishing] is indeed based in the UK.

I was able to grab a copy of Warhammer. I guess if I don't like it, I can flip it quick (for no profit) or put it on Goozex. Gamestop is taking $14.50 for trade-in.

Alright, huge thanks to OP! Just flipped Warhammer for Fable 2 on Goozex, awesome! And I nabbed EndWar for $40 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I caught this. I was going to bite the bullet and pay full price for endwar over at GS when I pick of GoW2 tonight. I already scream at my units in RTS games - now they will actually listen! :bouncy:

Return fraud discussion isn't allowed on CAG. Just because a retailer allows their customers who bought items from them and allows them to return it without a receipt doesn't allow someone who didn't buy an item there to return it there in abuse of the policy. That's fraud.

I was tempted to use this as trade fodder for the Gamestop Trade 2 deal. I didn't need to drop any more money though so...thanks for buying them all!

I was thinking about getting Mercs 2 at that price, but even $29 seemed excessive for the PC version. I hit up Fleabay and picked up a PS3 copy for $28 - $7 Live cashback.

Dang, they jusst cancelled my order for Warhammer. :( They should have had better inventory accuracy to know how many to sell.

[quote name='shrike4242']Return fraud discussion isn't allowed on CAG. Just because a retailer allows their customers who bought items from them and allows them to return it without a receipt doesn't allow someone who didn't buy an item there to return it there in abuse of the policy. That's fraud.[/quote]

Good call

[quote name='shrike4242']Return fraud discussion isn't allowed on CAG. Just because a retailer allows their customers who bought items from them and allows them to return it without a receipt doesn't allow someone who didn't buy an item there to return it there in abuse of the policy. That's fraud.[/quote]

I don't know why I even bother since CAG deletes all my posts. How come fraud discussion isn't allowed yet your post is about fraud? That doesn't seem fair to me. If the store accepts the game without the receipt then it's not a violation of policy and therefore not fraud. If it were illegal then store's wouldn't be able to accept merchandise if it's in violation of their own policy. That's why Toys R Us doesn't take games without a receipt. Creating a fake receipt is fraud, but returning a game elsewhere is not. As far as I know, it's only illegal if you cross state lines because it is a violation of the RICO act. If I am wrong, then I welcome someone who can provide evidence so that we all can benefit from it.

[quote name='SixStringChild']I don't know why I even bother since CAG deletes all my posts. How come fraud discussion isn't allowed yet your post is about fraud? That doesn't seem fair to me. If the store accepts the game without the receipt then it's not a violation of policy and therefore not fraud. If it were illegal then store's wouldn't be able to accept merchandise if it's in violation of their own policy. That's why Toys R Us doesn't take games without a receipt. Creating a fake receipt is fraud, but returning a game elsewhere is not. As far as I know, it's only illegal if you cross state lines because it is a violation of the RICO act. If I am wrong, then I welcome someone who can provide evidence so that we all can benefit from it.[/QUOTE]

100% not true. Making a representation to a store that you bought something there and having them either give you money or a different game is fraud. In fact, every state has laws that allow it to be prosecuted as at least a misdemeanor and in some cases a felony depending on the amount. The fact that they don't require a receipt has nothing to do with anything. You are lying to them to receive a financial or merchandise benefit. That's fraud pure and simple.

[quote name='qwerty1']The publisher of this version though [Global Software Publishing] is indeed based in the UK.[/quote]bah. thanks. guess I pass for now.

[quote name='SixStringChild']If the store accepts the game without the receipt then it's not a violation of policy and therefore not fraud.[/quote]if it wasn't fraud then you could tell them you bought it somewhere else and they'd still take it back. I've never tried but if you get away with telling the store you bought it somewhere else and want to return it here then a) I salute you and b) I'd champion your cause

That's like saying it's ok to sample the candies in the grocery store because they don't lock down the containers tight enough.

[quote name='SixStringChild']I don't know why I even bother since CAG deletes all my posts. How come fraud discussion isn't allowed yet your post is about fraud? That doesn't seem fair to me. If the store accepts the game without the receipt then it's not a violation of policy and therefore not fraud. If it were illegal then store's wouldn't be able to accept merchandise if it's in violation of their own policy. That's why Toys R Us doesn't take games without a receipt. Creating a fake receipt is fraud, but returning a game elsewhere is not. As far as I know, it's only illegal if you cross state lines because it is a violation of the RICO act. If I am wrong, then I welcome someone who can provide evidence so that we all can benefit from it.[/quote]

It is FRAUD because you tell walmart you want to "return" the game to them without receipt, while the fact is you bought it from somewhere else
and you have nothing to "return" to walmart. If you walk into walmart and ask the CSR: "I have a sealed copy of this game, can I trade it to you for $59.82 store credit?" then that's legal and sure will be rejected. Walmart accepting the merchandise doesn't mean it is legal. They accept it because you don't tell them the truth and fabricate the return and hence it is FRAUD. is that clear?

There are some patches/settings for the fallout collection. Unless you want tactics, I think the GOG version is a better buy.

bread's done
Back