GHWT/RB2 bundles $140+tax @ Magnolia AV (CA, OR, WA) B&M, big YMMV PM elsewhere

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Stolen from SD.

Magnolia Audio Video (sister company to Magnolia Home Theater found in some Best Buys) stores has an email coupon for $50 off either Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour bundle. The coupon is good through Dec. 2. This week, they are also selling the 360 and PS3 versions of the GHWT bundle for $170 (in their weekly ad). They have a very limited number of stores, and it has been mentioned that they only have 360 and PS3 versions in their system at the moment (that may change).

Some people are reporting success matching the coupon (either with or without the sale price) at Best Buy, since Magnolia Home Theater is part of Best Buy. I believe one person even managed to get $50 off of the GHWT guitar bundle, since the wording on the coupon didn't specifically state the full band bundle, just "bundle" (although the full band bundle is pictured).

For those with Magnolia AV stores nearby, this is an amazing deal. For others, good luck with the PMs. I won't be trying it, as I already have both games.

Also, a lot of the Magnolia stores don't have them in stock yet, buy they are allowing pre-orders at the advertised + coupon price.

Edit to reflect that GHWT is not advertised in their new weekly ad. The coupon is still valid until Dec. 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to give this a shot at Best Buy... which sucks is the only Best Buy I know with Magnolia AV in it.. is the one by my job in NYC... and I don't feel like carrying a big old box on the train ride home haha... we'll see though.

[quote name='cmart05']I'm going to give this a shot at Best Buy... which sucks is the only Best Buy I know with Magnolia AV in it.. is the one by my job in NYC... and I don't feel like carrying a big old box on the train ride home haha... we'll see though.[/quote]
Yo, what Best Buy is that? Me and my friends are going to the city for black friday. Wouldn't mind carrying it around.

Got shot down at 2 Targets and 1 Walmart, BB and CC has not had them in stock (of course those would be my best chances of getting it to work)
I'm going to keep at it though.

I am going to try Best Buy as people mention...but considering I am in Puerto Rico the chances are slim, but best to try than to assume!

I was wondering when this would pop up on here.

Yes it works at Magnolia stores, even if they're not in stock. No solid date on receiving them, though.

bread's done
Back