6 PS3 Greatest Hits games $19.99 at Amazon.com - Warhawk w/headset $30

id have to agree about friday I'm wait and see.

If I recall correctly, in some reviews or previews of the game, the PS3 version had slightly better graphics than the 360 version.

[quote name='bsesb2003']If I recall correctly, in some reviews or previews of the game, the PS3 version had slightly better graphics than the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

..........??

warhawk, resistance, motorstorm were 19.82 at walmart instore and online yesterday for their saturday specials. not sure if its running this entire weekend or how long it will last.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Could you have ripped this "deal" off a little more from Slickdeals?[/quote]

what's it matter? Once they ripp off deals from here, the deal is usually dead because of them.

Anywho, Looks like I'm gonna be picking up Warhawk and Resistance to add to the collection.

[quote name='bsesb2003']If I recall correctly, in some reviews or previews of the game, the PS3 version had slightly better graphics than the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

You're talking about Fight Night Round 3, right?

Who is Digital Press, and what did they do that was anti-Semitic? I'm not trying to make fun; I'm genuinely interested.

I guess that was off-topic.

I really wish Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank were in this list. And how about Hot Shots Golf and Folklore too for that matter? Oh well.

Pretty sure I'll grab Motorstorm and Resistance eventually, but I think I need to get the headset version of Warhawk. (Amazon.com has that on discount, too, for about $31 I believe.)

I'm going to pitter around and look for good deals nearer black Friday and closer to Christmas. Seems like I always jump on stuff around this time of year and better stuff comes along and I kick myself!

(Hoping I don't kick myself for buying one of the Wal-mart PS3s on the 8th, but then again, can't get much better of a deal than a $100 gift card for buying a $399.99 system.)

Sorry--that was really pointlessly chatty.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']what's it matter? Once they ripp off deals from here, the deal is usually dead because of them.

Anywho, Looks like I'm gonna be picking up Warhawk and Resistance to add to the collection.[/quote]

Oh, stop the 'our site is better' crap.

Must agree with Dylan on Hot Shots. Damn, that would be a sweet drop.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Could you have ripped this "deal" off a little more from Slickdeals?[/quote]

Slickdeals members have exclusive access to Amazon?

Gotcha.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']
Must agree with Dylan on Hot Shots. Damn, that would be a sweet drop.[/quote]

It's got to be coming soon. These games have been out forever! It annoys me, the length of time a price drop takes on some stuff.

[quote name='mattfoley7']is warhawk w/ headset worth it? Is it still played or is it kinda dead?[/quote]

Warhawk is still going strong, and you can always find a game to jump into. There's a large group of CAGs who play it too. The deal with the headset is the deal I got a couple months ago at CC. The headset isn't the greatest, and there's not a lot of players who even use voice chat in the game. If you don't have a PS3-capable headset its not bad for just $10 more. But it ain't anything necessary you gotta have to enjoy the game.

[quote name='Krymner']Warhawk is still going strong, and you can always find a game to jump into. There's a large group of CAGs who play it too. The deal with the headset is the deal I got a couple months ago at CC. The headset isn't the greatest, and there's not a lot of players who even use voice chat in the game. If you don't have a PS3-capable headset its not bad for just $10 more. But it ain't anything necessary you gotta have to enjoy the game.[/quote]

Maybe I should just skip the headset? I hate talking on them anyway, but it seems as though it should really be necessary in a game like that to coordinate.

Oops! I see the version with the headset is back up to $46.99. So much for that.

Isn't there a SOCOM game that comes with a really good headset?

Just checked. There is, but, unlike Warhawk, it reviewed rather poorly.

Guess I shoulda gotten Warhawk with the headset for $30 when I had the chance. I hate how capricious the Amazon.com price drops are. Back and forth, back and forth...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']Warhawk is online only, right?[/quote]

Pretty much. There's a couple offline tutorials, but the bulk of the game is online only.

[quote name='Shady3011']But it is.[/quote]

Sorry, but no. It's not.

And those tutorials? They give you trophies, for all the fellow 'cheebmin whores out there.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Maybe I should just skip the headset? I hate talking on them anyway, but it seems as though it should really be necessary in a game like that to coordinate.

Oops! I see the version with the headset is back up to $46.99. So much for that.

Isn't there a SOCOM game that comes with a really good headset?

Just checked. There is, but, unlike Warhawk, it reviewed rather poorly.

Guess I shoulda gotten Warhawk with the headset for $30 when I had the chance. I hate how capricious the Amazon.com price drops are. Back and forth, back and forth...[/QUOTE]

I believe having read a few articles saying how much better the headset from SOCOM is compared to the Warhawk one - in fact a resounding "Sucks" is related to the warhawk headset - but I'll try to look those up and post 'em

[quote name='nikkai']I believe having read a few articles saying how much better the headset from SOCOM is compared to the Warhawk one - in fact a resounding "Sucks" is related to the warhawk headset - but I'll try to look those up and post 'em[/quote]

It might be best for me to get Warhawk without the headset and just buy a decent one separately. I really have no interest in SOCOM, especially after reading a few reviews. :)

[quote name='wildnuts02']bump for update[/quote]

I didn't notice the update til just now!

They sure do like to fuss with prices, don't they? Up and down, up and down.

I'm pretty tempted by a lot of these (Warhawk, prob. with headset, Res and Motorstorm), but I seriously wonder what will happen closer to Christmas, and if maybe we'll be seeing Uncharted, Hot Shots, Ratchet and a few others (they were so "last Christmas"!) joining the list.

With the economy the way it is, I really think we're going to be seeing some good deals this year.

Or, maybe I'll wait and the prices on all of them will go back up to $30 and I'll weep bitterly. :) Totally missed the LBP deal, for instance, but hey, maybe another will come around.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Sorry, but no. It's not.[/quote]

I'm not sure if you caught my sarcasm, but I think it's funnier that you're taking this seriously.

[quote name='Shady3011']I'm not sure if you caught my sarcasm, but I think it's funnier that you're taking this seriously.[/quote]

You understand sarcasm? I'm sorry, I had no idea.

Look, I don't have a fancy sarcasm meter like you do, but I do know most of us around here don't like SD and we think we're better. I'm pretty sure they feel the exact opposite about this.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Another thing to consider is there are many bluetooth headsets that are compatible with the PS3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_headsets_compatible_with_PlayStation_3

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=753408[/quote]

Thanks for the links!

Some of those are pretty fancy. I wonder if any of them can compete with the Warhawk model as far as bang for the buck, though? It's $10 when purchased with Warhawk. Pretty tough to beat, even if it's not exactly fully-featured.

UPDATE ARGHH!! It's back up to $46.99 now! Seriously, who sits at Amazon.com all day fiddling with prices? Within the last few DAYS, it's ranged from $29.99 to $31.99 to $46.99. That's kind of ridiculous.

Dang nabbit. I'm still tempted by Resistance, but the demo was SOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking hard. I couldn't walk more than 5 feet in the demo without being gunned down on either level.

I think I'm the only person on earth who likes the Warhawk headset. Maybe I've just been lucky. But it's been reliable, lgihtweight, comfortable, always connects and sounds fine.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang nabbit. I'm still tempted by Resistance, but the demo was SOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking hard. I couldn't walk more than 5 feet in the demo without being gunned down on either level. [/quote]

That would be a deal-breaker for me, too. As Garnett Lee says, "I play games for the experience," not some kind of sadomasochistic challenge. Does it have an easy mode?

(With Gears of War 2 coming out, I actually tried out the first game over the weekend. Kept dying, so I put it on "casual" instead of whatever the default setting was. And STILL got rocked. Maybe I could've kept going, but why, when there are so many other games to play that are consistently fun. I guess I'm just not a huge shooter guy.)

After all is said and done, I think Warhawk and Motorstorm are probably the ones I want, unless I can get a good enough deal on the Motorstorm sequel.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I think I'm the only person on earth who likes the Warhawk headset. Maybe I've just been lucky. But it's been reliable, lgihtweight, comfortable, always connects and sounds fine.[/quote]

That's all I'm looking for, honestly. Then again, it was $10 last night. Now it's a lot more since Warhawk alone is $20. I just don't see myself shelling out for anything really fancy, you know?

Crud, I just picked up Gears 2 through one of these sales. I was okay with the easiest mode on Gears 1 (though the end fight was too hard), and they CLAIMED Gears 2's easy was even easier, so I hoped I was going to be okay.

I guess I'll rent Resistance instead of buying, 'cause the demo had the exact opposite effect on me that it was supposed to have.

And yeah, I play games because I enjoy the experience. I do NOT enjoy replaying a part 12,000 times because it's too hard.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Crud, I just picked up Gears 2 through one of these sales. I was okay with the easiest mode on Gears 1 (though the end fight was too hard), and they CLAIMED Gears 2's easy was even easier, so I hoped I was going to be okay.[/quote]

No worries! I bet you'll be okay with Gears 2. I'm sure there're plenty of folks who will go on and on about how both the Gears games are so "easy". :) It was Gears 1 I was playing this weekend and annoyed at the difficulty of, so if Gears 2 is easier, it should actually be about right, or it would be for me. Maybe it'll even be so easy that you'll want to play it on normal mode! :)

[quote name='Shady3011']Look, I don't have a fancy sarcasm meter like you do, but I do know most of us around here don't like SD and we think we're better. I'm pretty sure they feel the exact opposite about this.[/quote]

Did I deny that? No, no, I'm pretty sure I didn't. I just pointed out how stupid it was.

Also, if more people used their headsets, it would be a lot easier to make friends on the PS3. People actually talk on the 360.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']That would be a deal-breaker for me, too. As Garnett Lee says, "I play games for the experience," not some kind of sadomasochistic challenge. Does it have an easy mode?

(With Gears of War 2 coming out, I actually tried out the first game over the weekend. Kept dying, so I put it on "casual" instead of whatever the default setting was. And STILL got rocked. Maybe I could've kept going, but why, when there are so many other games to play that are consistently fun. I guess I'm just not a huge shooter guy.)

After all is said and done, I think Warhawk and Motorstorm are probably the ones I want, unless I can get a good enough deal on the Motorstorm sequel.

That's all I'm looking for, honestly. Then again, it was $10 last night. Now it's a lot more since Warhawk alone is $20. I just don't see myself shelling out for anything really fancy, you know?[/QUOTE]

warhawk is fun. i just don't think you should pick it up though since you couldn't handle gears of war in casual mode... :bouncy:

Nobody buy Call of Duty 3, it is absolute RUBBISH! Silly respawning enemies and invisible walls everywhere, good lord I hated this game!

Is the Warhawk community still going strong? I'm thinking of picking it up but I'm not sure if it's a good idea, since it's online only and came out over a year ago.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Is the Warhawk community still going strong? I'm thinking of picking it up but I'm not sure if it's a good idea, since it's online only and came out over a year ago.[/quote]

Still kicking, yes.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']No worries! I bet you'll be okay with Gears 2. I'm sure there're plenty of folks who will go on and on about how both the Gears games are so "easy". :) It was Gears 1 I was playing this weekend and annoyed at the difficulty of, so if Gears 2 is easier, it should actually be about right, or it would be for me. Maybe it'll even be so easy that you'll want to play it on normal mode! :)[/QUOTE]

Hee hee, somehow I doubt that :lol: I hope there's nothing as frustrating as that last boss battle.

I'm disappointed they apparently took out most of the Hammer of Dawn, because I thought that was one of the more interesting ideas in the first game.
(And I'm now apparently talking about Gears in a Resistance thread...)

Oh Fan-fuck-ing-tastic. I just bought Warhawk from them for $28 last week, called them to bitch about why it has to sit on their shelf for 6 days before they decide to ship it (because Super Saver gets the 3rd class treatment, but they won't admit it), and now they can't make a price adjustment, even though it's currently in transit.

Which means I have to buy another copy, and refuse shipment of the other one in order to get a refund which will probably arrive today, and wait potentially another 10-15 days before I can play it.

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

This combined with still being in bed when the Contra 4 DS Amazon deal was going on that I could have basically gotten it "for free" for what I originally paid for Warhawk just really steams my asparagus.

Update:
So I'm finding a workaround for this:

I've called them to get a prepaid return mail label, and sit on it until my new lower-priced copy shows up (with my Last Starfighter $6.99 copy for still less than the $28 I paid). I'm going to keep the copy of Warhawk that arrives today, and send back the later-arriving copy instead.

Still, a huge pain in the toukas to save $10 (or in my case, to get a copy of the movie for the same price with it).

[quote name='robbrism']I am betting some of these titles will be 2 for $30 come Black Friday. No proof of this...just a hunch.[/quote]

Fred Meyers did that recently with 3 of the titles to choose from. But I already had 2 :roll:

Hope it happens again with all 6

[quote name='maaddmax']Fred Meyers did that recently with 3 of the titles to choose from. But I already had 2 :roll:

Hope it happens again with all 6[/quote]
I was lucky to have the clerk override the register for my Assassins Creed and NG Sigma for $30 OTD.

bread's done
Back