Oh no....I think I screwed up in Fallout 3 [spoilers]

under_scorer

CAGiversary!
[Warning: The following post contains spoilers!!!]

So I'm on the waters of life quest and I get out of the not-so-secret secret passageway out to the citadel. I see a bunch of Brotherhood of Arms soldiers - but, thinking instead that they're the Enclave I attack one of them. Now this has caused all the soldiers to go against me; these guys are damn strong and theres no way I can get out of there alive. So therefore I can't go into the citadel and end the quest.
Is there any way I could go back a little (to the beginning of the quest perhaps?) so I can avert this mistake? I have another save file in Tranquility Lane that I could go to but I really don't want to go back that far.

[quote name='haloman21']Autosave? you should have one after exiting the manhole thing.[/quote]

Ahh yes that was mistake #2. After my HP was down and my AP bar depleated from the attacking BoA I had retreated back into the manhole thing to recover and...it autosaves again over the last one

A similar thing happened to me, except they just attacked me without provocation. I had to go back to Tranquility Lane (just before activating the failsafe), and fortunately, it wasn't as bad as I had feared. You've already seen the dialouge, so you can fly through it pretty quickly. At least, you can if you already happened to clear out the Jefferson Memorial.

Make sure you make a new save as soon as you enter the tunnels.

Go someplace else, rest for 24 hours, then come back. Everyone should get amnesia and act like nothing happened. Works for Megaton anyway...

bread's done
Back