Sonic Unleashed Amazon Deals - Various

So $45 for it on PS3?

If that's the case consider this ordered. :D

EDIT: That is indeed the case. $44.99 shipped is a great deal. Thanks OP!

Ok, put it this way then. Until we officially get some positive feedback on this game, I don't see why people would have any hope for this game. Hey, if it turns out good, I will be the first to eat my words and welcome Sonic back to the world of competitant gaming. Until then, is there any reason for hope?

I checked the Wii version...and the price appears as 49.99, not the 29.99 like mention here (if not I would had bought it without a second thought)

[quote name='whoknows']So $45 for it on PS3?

If that's the case consider this ordered. :D

EDIT: That is indeed the case. $44.99 shipped is a great deal. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

44.99 shipped with $10 GC! making it 34.99!

CountVonCount.jpg

count me in! ah ah ah!

[quote name='Chronis']Ok, put it this way then. Until we officially get some positive feedback on this game, I don't see why people would have any hope for this game. Hey, if it turns out good, I will be the first to eat my words and welcome Sonic back to the world of competitant gaming. Until then, is there any reason for hope?[/quote]

Why do you even care? So, you don't think it'll be good. Great, we get it. Go post in the Sonic discussion thread if you want to crusade against a game that isn't out yet.

Hey, I just replied to the other thread with this same topic. I'm confused, and I want to join the yammering. Maybe I'll go get my other message and post it here.

Done.

I really want this game to be good, but the horrible suckage of every Sonic game since... God knows when... has me worried. And that strange werewolf mode.

So technically, counting the $5 off and the $10 toward another game, it's like $34.99.

Almost tempted...

That is an awesome deal for the PS2 version, $24.99 plus the $10 GC. If I didn't have Sonic and the Secret Rings still unopened, I would have gotten it.

[quote name='mike.m']Why do you even care? So, you don't think it'll be good. Great, we get it. Go post in the Sonic discussion thread if you want to crusade against a game that isn't out yet.[/QUOTE]

There was a big thread bashing last remnant when it dropped to $40.

If I remember correctly this game was getting good buzz at destructoid so hopefully it shouldn't be too terrible.

edit: nvm got it

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been completely obsessed with sonic since 1991. I collect everything Sonic related. I have a motherfuckin can of Sonic the Hedgehog speggettos that is about 15 yrs old. But even I wouldn't buy this game for $44.99 cash without reading some positive reviews. Just a 7/10 would be enough. I'll still get it used with GS credit with edge and a cellfire coupon no matter what.

Edit: I should also meantion that I even bought 2 copies of the Toys R Us exclusive "Werehog" figure from this game.... I still wouldn't pay $44.99 cash for it. Too many good games out there right now. I feel bad kinda bashing sonic, and I thank the original poster for sharing this deal with us, but I've been ripped off buying enough sonic games at retail price. I hope this game is good.

Thanks OP, I had already preordered the PS2 version for $29.99. Cancelled that and preordered it again with the $5 code so it just saved me $5. And BTW, I still got the free shipping even though it was $24.99. Cool deal.

Is the UNLEASH5 promotional code dead? No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to do anything when I enter it into the promo code field.

[quote name='Bazz']What on earth is Sonic and the BlackKnight?[/quote]

An exclusive game for the Wii. It follows in the realm of 'Sonic and the secret rings' in terms of gameplay. In term of story is the idea of putting Sonic in already known Universes (in Secret Rings was in 1001 arabian tales (or something).

2uptp20.png

Sonic the Hedgehog reboot on 360/Ps3 was the worst game I played this gen. The game was clearly still in pre-alpha when it was released.

But I'll bite for the $35 bucks Sonic Unleashed. Even if it sucks I'll still at least able break even when I salvage the game.

[quote name='crewj']44.99 shipped with $10 GC! making it 34.99!

CountVonCount.jpg

count me in! ah ah ah![/QUOTE]

Sorta, but you get a $10 off code sent you to 10 days after the game is released. So you can use it towards a future game but you still have to pay the $44.99 (or $24.99 or whatever) I still have yet to get my Gears of War 2 coupon code.

[quote name='splintercell']Is the UNLEASH5 promotional code dead? No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to do anything when I enter it into the promo code field.[/QUOTE]

Did you already have it preordered and then tried to add it to the preorder? That didn't work for me. I had to cancel my preorder, preorder it again and enter the code during checkout.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Sorta, but you get a $10 off code sent you to 10 days after the game is released. So you can use it towards a future game but you still have to pay the $44.99 (or $24.99 or whatever) I still have yet to get my Gears of War 2 coupon code.

[/QUOTE]

exactly... you know what I mean. :bouncy:

I hope its not crap, but I heard the game was delayed in Japan due to quality issues... and the last Sonic on 360/PS3 was nothing short of a train wreck.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Did you already have it preordered and then tried to add it to the preorder? That didn't work for me. I had to cancel my preorder, preorder it again and enter the code during checkout.[/quote]
Not at all. I didn't even have it on my wish list. I am wondering if there is an issue with a $10 promo amount from a previous purchase already being attached to my account. No matter whether it's being applied to the Sonic preorder or not, the $5 off just never shows up.

[quote name='Chronis']Not to thread crap, but I really hope that nobody is even tempted to get this.[/quote]
I'm extremely tempted. The thought of a good Sonic game coming out makes my mouth water.
I'm going to wait for reviews though.

[quote name='ciaossu']I'm extremely tempted. The thought of a good Sonic game coming out makes my mouth water.
I'm going to wait for reviews though.[/quote]

Ditto. I hate to hold my breath, though. Reviews coming soon! It sounds like the Wii version is the most polished, oddly, although it doesn't have the most bells and whistles (no physics engine).

The past however many Sonic games have been pretty awful. Sonic Adventure is the last one I cared about, and even that one certainly had its issues, but at the time, it's big world really, really interested me.

Here, the werewolf segments and melee combat have me supremely worried. The Japanese release has also been pushed back while the American release has not.

What does it all mean?

Well, it means "be cautious" in my language, but I've got my fingers crossed.

[quote name='Ruined']I hope its not crap, but I heard the game was delayed in Japan due to quality issues... and the last Sonic on 360/PS3 was nothing short of a train wreck.[/quote]

Precisely. :(

I preordered, and am awaiting impressions to decide whether I will keep it. I have a soft spot for Sonic games.

The 360 and PS3 Sonic game keeps getting brought up. Yes, it was bad, but there was a good game underneath all of that crap. It was simply rushed for the holidays. I actually really like the level design... although the story takes a nosedive in the last act. The story seriously sucked then.

Not bad, that's a pretty good deal right at release. I would really consider this game if the mention of Dimps didn't kill my interest when they announced the game.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Not bad, that's a pretty good deal right at release. I would really consider this game if the mention of Dimps didn't kill my interest when they announced the game.[/quote]Dimps is what kills your interest? Not Sonic Team?

[quote name='Firestorm']Dimps is what kills your interest? Not Sonic Team?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, really. Dimps isn't too bad. I really think they made the closest thing to a Genesis Sonic game when they made the first Sonic Advance. The Sonic Rush games... not so bad. I'd place them above most of Sonic Team's latest efforts. However, they haven't made attempted a 2D Sonic game in quite some time. I actually wish they would take the helm of the next DS game just to see out of morbid curosity if they would fuck it up or not.

[quote name='rumblebear']
2uptp20.png

Sonic the Hedgehog reboot on 360/Ps3 was the worst game I played this gen. The game was clearly still in pre-alpha when it was released.

But I'll bite for the $35 bucks Sonic Unleashed. Even if it sucks I'll still at least able break even when I salvage the game.[/quote]
lol Saw this originated from Neogaf.

We still don't have his crappy friends in there, so I think we're good.

[quote name='Firestorm']Dimps is what kills your interest? Not Sonic Team?[/quote]

With Dimps I know exactly what the game will play like. I had some fun with Advance, disliked Advance 2/3, liked Rush, and realized while playing Rush Adventure, that I didn't find the press right / boost / QTE for alternate paths that interesting anymore.

I can see why people might enjoy the Dimps efforts, but I don't understand how some people can say they are like or even close to the originals in gameplay and quality. Especially in the Rush series, the physics are comepletely changed, and by the time Unleashed comes out most of the basic core mechanics of the series will be gone.

Who is Dimps, and how do we know which games they actually made (instead of Sonic Team?)

I liked Sonic Advance *1*, but Advance 2 and Rush were crazy hard, and not remotely fun to me.

Now that I inexplicably bought a replacement Wii, I suppose I ought to pick up that Wii Sonic game since it was supposedly not the most hideous thing of all time.

[quote name='splintercell']Not at all. I didn't even have it on my wish list. I am wondering if there is an issue with a $10 promo amount from a previous purchase already being attached to my account. No matter whether it's being applied to the Sonic preorder or not, the $5 off just never shows up.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't show up until the last, last screen where you actually confirm your order. I barely noticed it myself even though I placed my order just because of this topic.

Well, the 2D aspects of it sound more promising than usual. But after like what I'd consider 9 terrible games in a row (if I'm remembering all of them), I'd say it's a rental until you know you love it.

How many other series are so beloved they could somehow coast this long? Heck, the original games aren't really THAT great, yet somehow I still have affection for Sonic!

[quote name='Wolfpup']How many other series are so beloved they could somehow coast this long? Heck, the original games aren't really THAT great, yet somehow I still have affection for Sonic![/quote]

That baffles me too. But I still hold Sonic3&K as my favorite 2D platformer. I also think most modern Sonic games are never given a fair shake. I really liked Zero Gravity and Secret rings, both I think are underrated.

Well, I actually just ordered Secret Rings tonight! $13, and it has RPG elements and seems to just be straight forward, so we'll see :)

(I for some unknown reason bought a second Wii to replace my first broken one, so...what the heck :) )

[quote name='Wolfpup']Well, I actually just ordered Secret Rings tonight! $13, and it has RPG elements and seems to just be straight forward, so we'll see :)

(I for some unknown reason bought a second Wii to replace my first broken one, so...what the heck :) )[/QUOTE]

I'll be surprised if you like it, because I like most of the 3D Sonic games, but didn't like that one at all.

I wish they'd stick some RPG elements in the new Sonic instead of that awful melee combat. I really want this game to be good, but my soul is torn into little blue hedgehog pieces. What was the one that came out on GameCube? That one seriously broke my heart.

Truthfully, Secret Rings, barring the abysmal multiplayer Mario Party rip-off mode, is one of the best Sonic games in recent years, along with the Sonic Rush games on DS.

I even hated Rush-WAAAAAY too hard for me. I got stuck after a few levels. (Loved it up to that point, but...)

Oh well, I'll give it a try soon.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I even hated Rush-WAAAAAY too hard for me. I got stuck after a few levels. (Loved it up to that point, but...)

Oh well, I'll give it a try soon.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not into the frustration either. That's the pith of Secret Rings, too, if you want my opinion; the moments of redemption are spoiled by frustrating control issues and strange design choices. Again, still one of the best Sonic games in recent memory, though.

Come on, Sonic Unleashed. I wonder if the reviews will start coming in soon, and I'm curious what changes will be made to the delayed Japanese version.

Crud, at least it has to be easier than Sonic for the PS3/360...I hope! :whistle2:D

Well, I'll find out soon enough. Just finished Haze, and I may start Heavenly Sword and then Sonic.

bread's done
Back