Guitar Hero Wireless Les Paul Controller (Xbox 360) $39.87 - Walmart.com

It is an AWESOME price for a new one. But yes, Gamestop tends to discount accessories more than they do games. I picked up TWO GH III Xbox 360 controllers used for $29 each RIGHT after launch last year (which was HARD to believe when most people were trading in Rock Band guitars and buying GH III JUST for the guitar!).

Now here's the funny thing. I didn't like the RB Fender as well as the GH Les Paul when I first tried it. Which meant I waited and got two wireless Fenders once they were available. They really are great guitars, other than my personal opinion that they aren't accurate enough for the "fast" songs, even on medium... but maybe I just need more practice.

One thing is for sure. While I love my Mad Catz M.I.C., with the controller built-in, I had trouble getting "star power" or RB "overdrive" to activate with it. I have to hold my hand behind the mic screen, so when I sing into the mic the sound kinda "bounces back" and it registers. Regular lyrics work fine, so it's the damndest problem.

Picked up Guitar Hero World Tour last week, but didn't open the box till last night, and still don't have the drums assembled. Meanwhile, WoW limited edition came yesterday and I got it installed, but I haven't taken the time to make 55 with my rogue yet. And there is Call of Duty WAW to check out. I swear, SO many games... so little time! :D

Long story short. If you need guitars, $40 for new is outstanding. Hook it up!

bread's done
Back