Massive Sales on Adult Swim DVD Seasons @ Amazon!

xGunCrazyx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Just got done spending over $270 on Adult Swim DVD sets on Amazon.com
Check out what I got :p

[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume One"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
C. Martin Croker; DVD; $12.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume Two"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume Three"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Vol. 4"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Dave Willis; DVD; $12.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] "Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Vol. 5"
Aqua Teen Hunger Force; DVD; $14.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters for DVD"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Dana Snyder; DVD; $12.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Volume One"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Bill Wilner; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Volume Two"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Space Ghost Coast to Coast; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Volume Three"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Bill Wilner; DVD; $8.49

"Sealab 2021 - Season 1"
Harry Goz; DVD; $8.49
"Sealab 2021 - Season 2"
Harry Goz; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Sealab 2021 - Season 3"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Matt Thompson (III); DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Sealab 2021 - Season 4"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Harry Goz; DVD; $8.49

"Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Vol. 1"
Robert Renzetti; DVD; $8.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Vol. 2"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Robert Renzetti; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Vol. 3"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Gary Cole; DVD; $12.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"The Brak Show, Vol. 1"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Andy Merrill; DVD; $8.99
"The Brak Show, Vol. 2"
Jim Fortier; DVD; $8.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"The Venture Bros. - Season One"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
James Urbaniak; DVD; $12.99
"The Venture Bros. - Season Two"

"Metalocalypse - Season One"
Dethklok; DVD; $12.99

"Squidbillies, Vol. 1"
Jay Edwards; DVD; $12.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"Tom Goes to the Mayor - The Complete Series"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Tom Goes to the Mayor; DVD; $13.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

23 DVD sets in all!
Free 2 Day Shipping with my Amazon Prime Trial :applause:

Excellent time to buy some series if you have been thinking about doing so :)

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon must be matching someone's crazy offer, those prices were definitely changed within the last 12 hours or so. Excellent sale!

I think you've listed everything except Robot Chicken S1 & S2 = $12.99 each.

I would bite if Metalocalypse S2 & RC S3 were included in the sale.

between this week and next week i think all the seasons except those two are on sale for very similar prices at bb and cc

if anyone sees this and doesnt own one of these volumes and doesnt pick up everything but squidbillies and tom and aqua teen vol 5 (really drifted off after season 3 or 4), you are a damn fool. i picked up most of mine for ~15 and have love them all.

hollyyy crap! i didn't even KNOW metalocalypse Season 2 was coming out already! SOOO buying this...this show is seriously BRUTAL!

side note: got to see dethklok live in concert and they were truly AMAZING...

[quote name='animemaniac14']side note: got to see dethklok live in concert and they were truly AMAZING...[/QUOTE]

so i officially hate your guts, and i dont even know you.

if only cartoon network cartoons were included.

I enjoyed them all, but...

picked up these

"The Venture Bros. - Season One"[FONT=&quot]
"The Venture Bros. - Season Two"
James Urbaniak; DVD; $12.99[/FONT]

Just because they are bad ass, dripping with awesome sauce.

I truly haven't met a show like this since Sealab... Frisky Dingo is showing to be following the footsteps too, since they are the same peeps.

Also, I think the price on Robot Chicken is better. I would have never payed $30 for a bunch of ten minute episodes. Robot Chicken needs to be an hour, hell, I wouldn't mind if they just played that all night.

Great stuff for sure! Picked up Squidbillies, but am gonna look at it all more over the next few days...

Yeah, I didn't include some of the other ones I saw on sale, sorry
The ones listed above are the ones I bought xP

Robot Chicken and a few other shows had some excellent prices as well
I'm just not that big of a Robot Chicken fan :(

Edit: Just noticed CheapyD added a link, thanks!
I was really really tired last night xP

In for Birdman S2, Venture Bros. S2, and Robot Chicken S2.

The $13 VB was what I wanted the most from BF this year. This saves me the aggrevation!

Thanks OP!

if this sale lasis another week i'll pick up some stuff then.

thanx OP, but I think you have a slight problem ($270 spent, whew) even though I don't think anyone has that much time to watch all that, those will definately look sweet all lined up in a dvd tower.

Fantastic Price on Tom Goes to the Mayor. I'll be getting that for sure. Just as a side note to those seeking Space Ghost volume 4 and volume 5 (latter of which is only sold through William's Street) you can get both of them for 26 shipped (plus tax possibly?) at Williamsstreet.com

The one a few years back was better. Robot Chicken Season 1, Venture Brothers Season 1, The Oblongs, and Harvey Birdman Season 1 were all 8.99 each

I think i'll pick up vol.3 of Harvery since I have 1 and 2, and I might have to bite on Metalocalypse season 1, though I have not decided yet

[quote name='shadowkast']
thanx OP, but I think you have a slight problem ($270 spent, whew) even though I don't think anyone has that much time to watch all that, those will definately look sweet all lined up in a dvd tower.[/quote]

Winter break is almost here! (Will be watching a LOT of DVDs... :D)

Also, thanks for the reminder in the thread Friend of Sonic
Planned on purchasing both from Williamsstreet.com next week or so ;)

Got Birdman 2 & 3 which I've been waiting so patiently for and Moral Orel for the lady. Wish Frisky Dingo had a sale price and so tempting to get all of Sealab, but the crunch is on full here. Thank god they had another sale, cleaned house at the one 2 yrs ago.

I checked out Tom Goes To The Mayor on Youtube for the first time. (Porcelain Birds episode)

It's like watching a Napoleon Dynamite animated fever dream.

I can't not buy it now.

In for Tom complete & Metaloclypse S1.

Nice -- the prices for Sealab are just about what they were at DD with the 25% off. I just ordered S3 and 4 over there, but since 4 is backordered, I'll cancel that and pick it up from Amazon. Throw in some Venture Bros S1 for the girlfriend's Christmas gift (and free shipping), and then I'll show some restraint on the rest.

Between this and the Target sale on Simpsons/Family Guy DVD's my wallet's taking a beating this week. Oh well can't say not to SGCTC, Venture Bros, and Sealab at these prices.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Throw in some Venture Bros S1 for the girlfriend's Christmas gift (and free shipping), and then I'll show some restraint on the rest.[/quote]

Does she already have Season 2? If not, you might as well grab it, too. Both seasons are equally massively great. Not to mention S1 ends with a cliffhanger that gets resolved immediately into S2. VB is the only Adult Swim show that I consider a must-buy/keep.

Harvey Birdman is BY FAR the best show in the sale. It's the only one that I highly recommend. It has the best writing of of the AS shows and Colbert is brilliant in it.

Venture Bros., Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and ATHF 1-4 are good as well. Those are the only things I would recommend to someone who hasn't seen any AS shows.

Everything else is an acquired taste or extremely hit and miss. You should watch them on TV before doing a blind purchase.

[quote name='Kerig']Does she already have Season 2? If not, you might as well grab it, too. Both seasons are equally massively great. Not to mention S1 ends with a cliffhanger that gets resolved immediately into S2. VB is the only Adult Swim show that I consider a must-buy/keep.[/QUOTE]

I actually would have gotten S2 as well since we both love Venture Bros, but her birthday is 2 weeks before Christmas, so I already blew my gift budget for her with S1 and Ninjatown. My bank account is on life support as it is ;)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Harvey Birdman is BY FAR the best show in the sale. It's the only one that I highly recommend. It has the best writing of of the AS shows and Colbert is brilliant in it.

Venture Bros., Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and ATHF 1-4 are good as well. Those are the only things I would recommend to someone who hasn't seen any AS shows.

Everything else is an acquired taste or extremely hit and miss. You should watch them on TV before doing a blind purchase.[/quote]

Ehh...once the HB parodies stopped, Birdman lost a lot of steam.

Venture Brothers is the only AS series that is consistently great in the seasons/volumes on sale at Amazon.

Thanks, Sonic, for the info on volumes 4 and 5 of SGCTC. I had no idea they released them. I'll probably wait until the final volume comes out and hopefully grab them up in some bundle.

[quote name='manthing']Ehh...once the HB parodies stopped, Birdman lost a lot of steam.

Venture Brothers is the only AS series that is consistently great in the seasons/volumes on sale at Amazon.[/quote]

Common you have to give love to Sealab. That is one of the funniest AS shows period

[quote name='manthing']Ehh...once the HB parodies stopped, Birdman lost a lot of steam.

Venture Brothers is the only AS series that is consistently great in the seasons/volumes on sale at Amazon.[/quote]

I thought VB was teetering off, but they come roaring back and S2 I haven't seriously laughed this hard in a long time.

Sealab is good too, on par with Frisky Dingo, all the same people there.

It's been so long since I have seen any of these shows the only one I can really remember is Sealab 2021. However I haven't seen the episodes after the actor died, so are the episodes worth it?

And there is an episode where JKF is having sex with the Pope and then something about nuking Sealab and combustion of a phone. What season is that? :)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Harvey Birdman is BY FAR the best show in the sale. It's the only one that I highly recommend. It has the best writing of of the AS shows and Colbert is brilliant in it.[/quote]

I suppose they're all subject to personal taste. I bought all 3 seasons on a blind-buy the last time DD had them for super-cheap. I watched about 4 episodes, and maybe slightly chuckled about twice.

I never even opened the other 2 seasons and sold them all on eBay for a bit more than I paid. It was hands down the worst blind-buy I've ever done.

But honestly, is it possible for anyone to not love The Venture Bros.?

^^^My buddy doesn't like it, but VB is by far my favorite AS show. They guy who plays Dean is really cool too (I met him at an AS party- Sorry had to name drop).

[quote name='Kerig']I suppose they're all subject to personal taste. I bought all 3 seasons on a blind-buy the last time DD had them for super-cheap. I watched about 4 episodes, and maybe slightly chuckled about twice.

I never even opened the other 2 seasons and sold them all on eBay for a bit more than I paid. It was hands down the worst blind-buy I've ever done.

But honestly, is it possible for anyone to not love The Venture Bros.?[/quote]

Yeah, I don't ever really listen to anyone's opinion on Adult Swim shows - most of the humor just isn't my thing. That said, I did enjoy a little of what I saw of Harvey Birdman, so I ordered a couple seasons (less than $10 a pop is worth the risk of not liking it).

And yes - I have to say that I did not like Venture Bros at all - even after watching the entire first season.

Yeah, with most of the Adult Swim shows, you either get it or you don't
Fortunately for me, I "get" just about every show on the network :p

I've been told I have a very weird sense of humour though :(
I have maybe 1 or 2 friends who like these shows lol

Also, Harvey Birdman>Venture Bros

bread's done
Back