PS3 -- Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom $14.99 at Newegg

Ehhhh. Picked up a cheap copy off e-bay for less than $10 a while ago. It can be a pretty fun co-op game if you can get over the sloppy camera angles and PS2-like graphics. Not a terrible game, but far from greatness...

Not worth the time to even click the link, let alone the money to purchase the game, or time spent loading the game.

Worst game I've played on the PS3. Good concept, horrible (worse than that actually) controls and graphics. The PSP DK was far superior to this.

Question: My girlfriend and I are big in to co-op games, especially the Baldur's Gate: DA and Champions games. Is this game anything close to either of those games?

[quote name='jmbreci']Not worth the time to even click the link, let alone the money to purchase the game, or time spent loading the game.

Worst game I've played on the PS3. Good concept, horrible (worse than that actually) controls and graphics. The PSP DK was far superior to this.[/quote]

Wow, game is that crappy. I was about to jump on it but changed my mind. Thanks for the heads up.

I hate this game. I wouldn't even take it for free if someone offered. Poor graphics (first generation game is not an excuse, look at Genji 2), even worse camera controls, long load times, and most importantly, NOT FUN. That's my 2 cents.

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']Question: My girlfriend and I are big in to co-op games, especially the Baldur's Gate: DA and Champions games. Is this game anything close to either of those games?[/QUOTE]

No, it just reminds you how fun BGDA and Champions RTA were. Untold Legends IMO is one of the biggest let downs of the PS3, there is still no good hack and slash on the PS3.

not even for $15, wasn't worth the rental IMO>

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']Question: My girlfriend and I are big in to co-op games, especially the Baldur's Gate: DA and Champions games. Is this game anything close to either of those games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but if what you liked about those games was finding new gear and magic spells, you might want to stay away from it. It is a pure and simple brawler, with a little bit of spellcasting, but even after you unlock new combos, there won't be much variety in your attacks or the way you'll play the game.

I don't hate it as much as these other people do. It's much better with a friend, but still a sub-par repetitive dungeon crawler with crappy storyline.

I rather enjoyed the game. The graphics, while not amazing, are actually quite nice to look at. This was the first game I bought on the PS3 along with Motorstorm, and I was really happy with the graphics. I went back and played the game a few weeks ago and they still look fine to me. If you can find the game for $10 or less, it is worth it. I paid $20 about a year ago and I'm more than content.

Wow. Just...wow. I found a copy at Wal-Mart for $19.82 and thought I'd give it a try. Now, I feel so dirty.

It's still sealed in its original wrapping. Reckon I'm making a trip to the customer service desk.

KB

Let me put it another way: A lot of the time, my friend and I were pointing and laughing at what was going on in the game. (clipping issues, falling into lava, ragdoll effects from enemies that were still alive, ridiculous voice acting)

So if you enjoy watching B movies and picking them apart, hell, you might enjoy it.

It doesnt even contain the basic fun of getting cool new gear in a dungeon crawler.

It's like they tried to make a JPN style game w/ a BG camera, but really lame DMC/Dynasty warriors mash up combat.

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel is 100X better than this game, and FOBOTS is terrible!

Man I almost jumped on this until I read all the replies. I feel like everyone just saved me $15.

I don't get it...how did this franchise keep falling? The Snowblind games on the Playstation 2/Portable were so awesome. Then Sony's non-Snowblind spin offs on the PSP I thought were really boring and generic. And then this is supposedly even worse. Weird...

[quote name='cheapnpoor']My apologies for posting this. Next time I'll check the reviews first.[/QUOTE]

What? Oh, Hell no -- don't apologize. You're actively contributing to the CAG and passing along information. What people choose to do with that information is entirely up to them.

All of the comments in this thread are in no way directed against you or your decision to post. Consider them more hands-on experience from fellow CAGs so that people unfamiliar with the game, myself included, have as much information about the product before making a decision to purchase.

In this case, it's likely not that great of a deal -- the post will eventually die off and fade away. No harm, no foul.

This is just my .02 -- spend it as you see fit.

KB

[quote name='cheapnpoor']My apologies for posting this. Next time I'll check the reviews first.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']What? Oh, Hell no -- don't apologize. You're actively contributing to the CAG and passing along information. What people choose to do with that information is entirely up to them.

All of the comments in this thread are in no way directed against you or your decision to post. Consider them more hands-on experience from fellow CAGs so that people unfamiliar with the game, myself included, have as much information about the product before making a decision to purchase.

In this case, it's likely not that great of a deal -- the post will eventually die off and fade away. No harm, no foul.

This is just my .02 -- spend it as you see fit.

KB[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no, that's FANTASTIC you posted cheapnpoor! We really do appreciate it! :) Sorry if you took the negative comments about the game the wrong way. I'm still glad to know about it (and I've certainly thought about picking this up), and I'm sure some people were waiting for it to hit a cheap price.

At any rate thank you, it's appreciated! :)

This is definitely a "deal" in terms of getting a PS3 game for under $15, and I have always been on the fence whenever I've seen this game cheap (I can't decide if this is "simple hack and slash" like Gauntlet or "mind numbingly boring hack and slash")... I'd ideally like to find it for under $10 if I was going to try it but it's always good to know what's out there. :)

So even though I am not buying, thanks for the post!

[quote name='Wolfpup']I don't get it...how did this franchise keep falling? The Snowblind games on the Playstation 2/Portable were so awesome. Then Sony's non-Snowblind spin offs on the PSP I thought were really boring and generic. And then this is supposedly even worse. Weird...[/QUOTE]

It's because Snowblind stopped working on them. Sony has some generic team working on these UL games, although thankfully I think there wont be anymore.

The last Snowblind action RPG was Justice League Heroes. Which was really a let down at first but oddly becomes a lot more fun the 2nd play through.

I really loved Justice League Heroes. I can't stand the Raven Marvel games (which is weird, because I generally like Raven, and love super heroes)-their gameplay's way too spastic for me. But I loved JLH, and loved how Superman really did feel a lot more powerful and basically invincible compared to some of the other characters. About as good of a job as you could have done with the JLA I think.

But...what happened to Snowblind? JLH came out when, 2005ish? They were doing practically annual games there for a while. Hope they're doing okay. (I'd love a new Playsation Portable game from them, and I'd also love a next-gen engine from them. IMO their engine was super competent and just looked great...better than some other companies equivalent engines on the Gamecube or Xbox, despite the hardware difference).

Honestly I like Snowblinds games better than Diablo, which feels sacrilegious to say.

The digression here is funny. I bought it for $5 at sears and goozexed it sealed- the person I sent it to didn't even comment on that. I wonder if people think you are trading stolen games if you send them sealed on goozex?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Honestly I like Snowblinds games better than Diablo, which feels sacrilegious to say.[/quote]

Better than Diablo???? That's sacri.....oh you already said that.

Off topic, I know, but I would kill for a console version of Diablo 3...hell a console Diablo 2 would still be awesome.

[quote name='Wolfpup']But...what happened to Snowblind?[/QUOTE]
Death Tank for XBLA is the only upcoming game listed on their website. BUT...some of their job openings mention they're recruiting people for an action-RPG on 360 & PS3. So hopefully we'll get a modern-day follow-up to their BGDA / Champions / JLH legacy. :)

Sounds promising! I still don't understand why those Raven/Marvel games did better than JLH (or any of Snowblinds games). Heck, I even liked the non-Snowblind games running on their engine.

bread's done
Back