List of Anime for streaming via Netflix on Xbox 360. *AVATAR BOOK 1 now available!*

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Ok, there are some really awesome titles available and as an incentive to join, here they are so far. These are all CLICKABLE LINKS.

This will get lost in the general anime thread so PLEASE DON'T MERGE. Thanks.

These are streamable over the 360.

Action Man: Space Wars
Ah! My Goddess 2: Flights of Fancy
Air Gear
Air TV
Angelic Layer
Animatrix
Appleseed: Ex Machina
Ayane's High Kick
BASToF Syndrome
Battle Arena Toshinden
Be Forever Yamato
Best Student Council
Black Jack: Collection 1
Black Jack: The Movie
Blood: The Last Vampire
Chance Pop Session
Comic Party Revolution TV
Dead Leaves
Dead Space: Downfall
Defenders of the Vortex
Descendants of Darkness
Desert Punk
Doggy Poo
Dominion Tank Police Part 1 & 2
Ellcia
Fencer of Minerva: Vol. 1: Emergence
Fencer of Minerva: Vol. 2: The Tempest
Final Yamato
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Garaga
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: SAC: 2nd Gig
Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig Individual 11
Gilgamesh
Girl's High
Gun Sword
Hellboy: Animated: Blood & Iron
Hellboy: Animated: Sword of Storms
Jinki: Extend
Kai Doh Maru
Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek
Karas: The Prophecy
Karas: The Revelation
Kurau Phantom Memory
Lady Death
Last Exile
Legend of Lemnear
Lupin the 3rd: Castle of Cagliostro
Macross 2: The Movie
Macross Plus
Magical Play
Magnos: The Robot
M.D. Geist / M.D. Geist: Death Force
Megaman: Upon a Star
Mezzo
Munto
Nadesico: Prince of Darkness
Negadon: The Monster from Mars
Ninja Scroll
Noein
Nurse Witch Komugi
Odin: Starlight Mutiny
Otaku Unite!
Paniponi Dash!
Parasite Dolls
Perfect Blue
Persepolis
Project A-ko
Project A-ko: Love and Robots
Project A-ko: Uncivil Wars
ProStars: Slamdunking with the Airman
Psychic Wars
Read or Die
Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie
Saiyuki
Sin: The Movie
Space Battleship Yamato: The Movie
Space Battleship Yamato: The New Voyage
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha: Generations
Street Fighter II: Animated Movie
Street Fighter II: V
Super Milk-Chan Show
Sword For Truth
Takegami: Guardian of Darkness: War God
Utawarerumono
Vampire Wars
The Venus Wars
Virus: Virus Buster Serge
Voltron: Defender of the Universe: Vol. 1
Voltron: Defender of the Universe: Vol. 2
Voltron: Defender of the Universe: Vol. 3
Voltron: Defender of the Universe: Vol. 4
Voltron: Defender of the Universe: Vol. 5
Voltron: Defender of the Universe: Vol. 6
Voltron: Defender of the Universe: Vol. 7
Xenosaga

Everything should be accurate now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to add Doggy Poo based on the name and description:

This charmingly eccentric cartoon from Korea features a little mound of dog poo on a quest to find meaning and purpose in his life. Left all alone on the side of the road and feeling abandoned and helpless, he believes his life is without value. Luckily, the despondent poo is befriended by a dandelion sprite who helps him recognize his worth. The film includes a behind-the-scenes documentary, music video, alternate endings and more.

Thanks for the list, I added a bunch of stuff!

Of course Best Student Council and Gilgamesh are here, and I just bought them from Rightstuf. Oh well, at least they were cheap.

Might I recommend Read or Die to anyone checking this out right now, I love that one to death.

[quote name='Rocko']Thanks for the list, I added a bunch of stuff!

Of course Best Student Council and Gilgamesh are here, and I just bought them from Rightstuf. Oh well, at least they were cheap.

Might I recommend Read or Die to anyone checking this out right now, I love that one to death.[/quote]

No problem. I figured since they don't have an option to list all, that I would do it here.

Yeah, I just bought Best Student Council as well from Rightstuf. In the long term though, I prefer DVDs (no need for an internet connection, portable, superior picture and sound quality) so it works out.

*edit* Just added Paprika.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Air, Gankutsuou, the Ghost in the Shells, Paprika, and Perfect Blue are all required watching.[/quote]

Why Ghost in the Shell? That's about as far from required as it gets.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Paprika doesn't stream to the 360. :[[/quote]

Dang, I forgot it is a Sony Pictures product. I'll remove it.

[quote name='Rocko']I also wanted to see that! Thanks again.

I'm loving this Netflix add-on.[/quote]

Yeah, Netflix is awesome. I watched the Full Metal Alchemist movie this evening.

I Wish Dragonball Z was on there. Just got done watching the new OVA and made me realize how much I miss it and can kill a day just watching nothing, but that.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
I have Pani Poni Dash! in my queue, yet it wasn't in the anime section when I browsed. It was still in my queue though.

[/QUOTE]

Anything rated or in your Q won't show up on searches unless you click the "show rated/watched" box. It views in Q streams as watched, for some reason. I figured this out after the first time I looked at the anime section and there were six pages and the second time there were only 3. :)

The Hellboy animated movies are very good, I was pleasantly surprised. Kurau Phantom Memory is pretty okay too.

Perfect Blue is an all-time favorite of mine, might have to watch that one again. Haven't seen it since I bought it on VHS back in the day. :)

Eh, the selection could be better. Most of those series are of a quality that would air on the Sci-Fi channel (see: M.D. Geist, Saiyuki, etc.). A few choice selections would be Gankutsuou, the Ghost in the Shell series, Appleseed (is okay), Ninja Scroll (if it's the movie), Akira (but who hasn't seen Akira), Steamboy, and Black Jack.

I was just looking at my Instant Queue and I noticed that some anime will no longer be available after January 1st, 2009. I have updated the OP with what I have seen so far as I didnt have every anime listed above in my queue. If anyone sees any others, please post here. Thanks.

Also, Desert Punk is now on the Instant Queue list!

I enjoyed Desert Punk and recommend it. It's a fun, post-apocalyptic series that isn't too serious. Plus, it has boobs, if that helps. ;)

[quote name='Chase']I enjoyed Desert Punk and recommend it. It's a fun, post-apocalyptic series that isn't too serious. Plus, it has boobs, if that helps. ;)[/quote]

Fanservice never hurts. :cool:

Darn, I'm glad Saiyuki is there I've been wanting to watch that for a while, same with Black Jack. I can only hope they eventually add Lupin the 3rd.

[quote name='pete5883']Does that mean these are all dubbed-only?[/quote]

No. Some of the older ones like Yamato are subbed, but that's because there was no dub to begin with.

Nice little list, I'm thinking about getting netflix to stream as well
nothing on that list that would make me jump yet
If they had the Naruto dubbed I would definitely subscribe

[quote name='Razzuel']That is awesome; now I don't have to order the DVDs. My friend has been telling me to watch this.[/quote]

same here

[quote name='Razzuel']That is awesome; now I don't have to order the DVDs. My friend has been telling me to watch this.[/quote]

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']same here[/quote]

Glad to have helped! :)

Hey all, I just noticed the first four episodes on the 360 are listed in the incorrect order. They switched the first four episodes around. The first episode should be "The Boy In The Iceberg", then "The Avatar Returns", then "The Southern Air Temple", then " The Warriors of Kyoshi". After those four, episodes 5-20 are in the correct order. Just a heads up. They'll probably fix that later.

I watched all 3 parts of Read or Die last night. Awesome.

I've been meaning to watch Blood: The Last Vampire. I was surprised when I saw that a live action movie was coming out.

[quote name='DestroVega']anything on this list that is a MUST watch?[/QUOTE]

fuck yes! Kurau would be at the top of my must-watch-Netflix-instant-streaming list.

Other anime that I would recommend are:

• Air
  • Lupin the 3rd: Castle of Cagliostro
  • Noein
  • Read or Die
  • Utawarerumono
There are plenty of other great shows on there that I have seen, or I have heard great things about, but you don't want a giant list do you?

Tried to watch Gankutsuou but after about 8 episodes I had to drop it. The art is kind of cool in a novel way that wears off quick. Also watched all of Desert Punk, which was pretty damn good but really tails off at the end and sort of gets boring but I stuck with it. I rented Afro Samurai on disc it was alright, Samuel Jackson does surprisingly good voice acting for two different characters.

Also I highly recommend Persepolis if you're into indie flicks or graphic novels. I'd put that at the top of the list but it's not what I would consider anime. Not japanese at least, I think it was made in France.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Tried to watch Gankutsuou but after about 8 episodes I had to drop it. The art is kind of cool in a novel way that wears off quick. Also watched all of Desert Punk, which was pretty damn good but really tails off at the end and sort of gets boring but I stuck with it. I rented Afro Samurai on disc it was alright, Samuel Jackson does surprisingly good voice acting for two different characters.

Also I highly recommend Persepolis if you're into indie flicks or graphic novels. I'd put that at the top of the list but it's not what I would consider anime. Not japanese at least, I think it was made in France.[/QUOTE]

How the hell did you drop Gankutsuou? The Count of Monte Cristo is such a cool and mysterious character. Every time he is on screen the show is captivating. I didn't think the art style wore off; however, I did get used to the art style. At first the art style really threw me off since the characters are moving over a texture, but eventually my eyes got used to it.

[quote name='Razzuel']How the hell did you drop Gankutsuou? The Count of Monte Cristo is such a cool and mysterious character. Every time he is on screen the show is captivating. I didn't think the art style wore off; however, I did get used to the art style. At first the art style really threw me off since the characters are moving over a texture, but eventually my eyes got used to it.[/QUOTE]

The story just isn't grabbing me. The music from the intro and outro make it seem like it's supposed to be the most exciting action packed show ever and doesn't match the show at all. I find that really annoying. Also the story is overly melodramatic, very slow paced, and the characters are all these rich sheltered immature boys that I don't relate to, but I admit the count is cool. The art is sort of generic minus the gimmick. I dunno, I was going to watch it all on a friend's recommendation but it's kind of boring. but I'm not a huge anime guy, I dabble in it.

[quote name='Razzuel']How the hell did you drop Gankutsuou? The Count of Monte Cristo is such a cool and mysterious character. Every time he is on screen the show is captivating. I didn't think the art style wore off; however, I did get used to the art style. At first the art style really threw me off since the characters are moving over a texture, but eventually my eyes got used to it.[/QUOTE]

I laughed when he mentioned that he dropped Gankutsuou, but then went on to sing the praises of Desert Punk and Afro Samurai.

I laughed even harder when you recommended Utawarerumono. :D

Does Gankutsuou get better? I'll try it again if you guys can tell me it picks up in the middle. If it's more of the same then forget it. I tried to read Brahm Stoker's Dracula too and I couldn't get that into it. Maybe I'm just not that into Dracula? Or simply impatient.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I laughed when he mentioned that he dropped Gankutsuou, but then went on to sing the praises of Desert Punk and Afro Samurai.

[/QUOTE]

It's not that strange. Some people prefer comedy (Desert Punk) or action (Afro Samurai) over pure drama. If someone isn't as drawn to a particular genre, it won't matter how good it is.

bread's done
Back