Amazon Black Friday Blu-Ray & DVD Sale

Some things that stood out:

Short Circuit - $8.95
The Big White - $6.95
Artie Lange's Beer League - $6.95
Breaker Morant - $11.95
March of the Penguins - $9.95
Rambo 1-3 - $24.95

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Ehhhh most of these Blu-Rays and Box Sets are the same price they were before.[/quote]

Its not even live yet, we might get some price matches of competitors and maybe more.

Turls,

Entourage Seasons 1-3 will be featured at Amazon at $9.99/each (same as BB B&M on BF), and I thought I'd send Amazon a quick e-mail, with Ad scans (though their Intel dept I am sure had these long ago), just stating that I would prefer to shop for x, y, and z at Amazon. I listed all of my "wants" from Circuit City and Target. LOL. I got a "canned" reply, which I expected, but I REALLY hope they match the prices (at least on their website, not to me). They did this with Roswell and Nip Tuck when BB and Target had those, so *keeping fingers crossed*:)

I'll still go out on BF for the mayhem, but I'd prefer not to stand in line for things Amazon has. And there are too many "mixed" stories on whether or not BB will match Target (my stores only match if in stock, and Target will be licked on BF, so I'd rather not take chances:)).

[quote name='sarienanj']I'll still go out on BF for the mayhem, but I'd prefer not to stand in line for things Amazon has. And there are too many "mixed" stories on whether or not BB will match Target (my stores only match if in stock, and Target will be licked on BF, so I'd rather not take chances:)).[/quote]

Last year at a BB I went to, they refused to pricematch anything saying they don't pricematch on Black Friday. :roll:

I hope there are more titles to this "deal". Many of these have been this price at Amazon before now. I'm really looking to avoid any BF crowds this year and hopefully Amazon will pull through with other deals.

I also hope their site stays up long enough to place an order.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Last year at a BB I went to, they refused to pricematch anything saying they don't pricematch on Black Friday. :roll:[/quote]

Hi,
I've got a friend out in CA, that said he's done it for years. And I've heard that Target will price adjust items purchased earlier, that drop in price on BF(but part of their "2 Day" sale). Based on other forums, all of these stores say they don't, but on the day of, some will, some won't. But that "gray" area is not worth standing in line for hours, so I will be closely watching Amazon into Friday, first.

The Boondocks Season 2 for $16 stood out for me, and I went ahead and pulled the trigger (Bought a $10 movie for free shipping).

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Is Lost just not allowed to be on sale ever or what?[/quote]
I've been wanting to buy the whole series, it seems like, forever now

I'm really hoping Amazon matches prices on House and Monk on Friday morning. I missed out on buying them last black friday at $13.99. They sold out fast in stores.

Could you please share the email that we can use to have Amazon PM? Finding contact info for them is a royal pain! Thanks!

[quote name='sarienanj']Turls,

Entourage Seasons 1-3 will be featured at Amazon at $9.99/each (same as BB B&M on BF), and I thought I'd send Amazon a quick e-mail, with Ad scans (though their Intel dept I am sure had these long ago), just stating that I would prefer to shop for x, y, and z at Amazon. I listed all of my "wants" from Circuit City and Target. LOL. I got a "canned" reply, which I expected, but I REALLY hope they match the prices (at least on their website, not to me). They did this with Roswell and Nip Tuck when BB and Target had those, so *keeping fingers crossed*:)

I'll still go out on BF for the mayhem, but I'd prefer not to stand in line for things Amazon has. And there are too many "mixed" stories on whether or not BB will match Target (my stores only match if in stock, and Target will be licked on BF, so I'd rather not take chances:)).[/quote]

Walmart is advertising on National TV this morning that they will match any advertised price on Black Friday.

Some of you guys may have luck there.

[quote name='sarienanj']Hi,
I've got a friend out in CA, that said he's done it for years. And I've heard that Target will price adjust items purchased earlier, that drop in price on BF(but part of their "2 Day" sale). Based on other forums, all of these stores say they don't, but on the day of, some will, some won't. But that "gray" area is not worth standing in line for hours, so I will be closely watching Amazon into Friday, first.[/quote]

Last year I hid copies of the stuff I wanted a few days ahead of time at Best Buy :) Also picked up a copy of the DVDs I wanted figuring I could either try to get a price drop or else return and re-buy if they refused or if someone found my stash. :) The stuff I was getting was part of the 2 day sale though, not the 5 hour stuff. Had no problems getting the refund, and my stash was still there. This year I have no intentions on going to a store on Friday--there seems to be so many great deals online this year!

Screw going to Walmart, I'll be picking up every BD title that Amazon has left by the time I wake up on Friday. Probably some of those 1.99 DVD's too.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Screw going to Walmart, I'll be picking up every BD title that Amazon has left by the time I wake up on Friday. Probably some of those 1.99 DVD's too.[/quote]

i agree, amazon does have some cheap stuff for sale still.
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='AlphakirA']These...are on sale?[/quote]

Not on sale yet, you need to come back during their sales hours, as stated on the page. Of course it coincides with B&M sales hours, so we'll need to take our chances on items we really want (if you're out for TV sets that are on sale for instance) and hope Amazon drops the price to compete.

[quote name='sarienanj']Hi,
I've got a friend out in CA, that said he's done it for years. And I've heard that Target will price adjust items purchased earlier, that drop in price on BF(but part of their "2 Day" sale). Based on other forums, all of these stores say they don't, but on the day of, some will, some won't. But that "gray" area is not worth standing in line for hours, so I will be closely watching Amazon into Friday, first.[/QUOTE]

I went out to Target today and pre-bought all of my merchandise that I wanted that was part of the upcoming 2 Day sale. The cashier told me to make sure that I bring back my receipt as "many of the items you are purchasing will go on sale on Friday and Saturday and you'll get a lot of money back."

I also have an email from Target Corporate confirming that they will price adjust my prices since they were purchased within 7 days of the sale so I have myself covered no matter what if they try any funny business.

[quote name='KyleN']Last year I hid copies of the stuff I wanted a few days ahead of time at Best Buy :) Also picked up a copy of the DVDs I wanted figuring I could either try to get a price drop or else return and re-buy if they refused or if someone found my stash. :) [/quote]

fucking classic. What a bastard, lol. ;)

[quote name='xbox_mole']I went out to Target today and pre-bought all of my merchandise that I wanted that was part of the upcoming 2 Day sale. The cashier told me to make sure that I bring back my receipt as "many of the items you are purchasing will go on sale on Friday and Saturday and you'll get a lot of money back."

I also have an email from Target Corporate confirming that they will price adjust my prices since they were purchased within 7 days of the sale so I have myself covered no matter what if they try any funny business.[/QUOTE]

Well, you're fortunate. Target certainly doesn't HAVE to do a price adjustment. Black Friday deals are rarely matched by another competitor through a customer's request -- given the deals are meant to drive store traffic and encourage you to buy other things. If a DVD, for example, isn't priced the same at Target as in Best Buy, Target doesn't gain much by matching that price for you, aside from your good will, I suppose.

Black Friday good will, however, IMHO, isn't worth much to these companies, and that makes sense since you're there bargain-hunting just like everyone else. Customer loyalty is probably not motivating anyone on Black Friday :)

That said, I'm sitting out BF this year -- might jump on Amazon for some stuff but I don't see anything waking up early morn' for.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Kung Fu Panda and Iron Man BRD for $15. Woo.[/quote]

That is the animated Ironman btw... sorta got excited for the list again only to realize that I already checked it and saw animated Iron Man, but no live action one...

Just picked up 30 Rock season 1, House Season 3, Family Guy Vol 5, Bank Job BR, and Rescue Me season 4. Earlier this week I bought The Shield season 5 and Venture Bros season 2 also from Amazon.

Hopefully I will pick up both parts of Entourage season 3, Transformers, Kung-Fu Panda, and maybe the Departed or Hitman for BR cheap when Amazon has there Black Friday price matching deal. Since Iron Man and now Bank Job are the only BR dvds I own so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa fire sale @ amazon

Crank - $8.99 from $18.49
Dr. No (James Bond) - $8.99 from $23.99
Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer - $8.99 from $19.49
Flags of Our Fathers - $8.99 from $17.49
The Bank Job + Digital Copy - $8.99 from $21.99
The Untouchables (Special Collector's Edition) - $8.99 from $19.99
Trading Places (Special Collector's Edition) - $8.99 from $17.49
Aeon Flux - $9.99 from $17.99
Black Rain (Special Collector's Edition) - $9.99 from $17.49
Black Snake Moan - $9.99 from $19.99
Coming to America (Special Collector's Edition) - $9.99 from $17.99
Dreamgirls (Two-Disc Showstopper Edition) - $9.99 from $19.99
Failure to Launch - $9.99 from $17.49
Freedom Writers - $9.99 from $18.49
Hustle and Flow - $9.99 from $17.99
Norbit - $9.99 from $20.99
Reds (25th Anniversary Edition) - $9.99 from $17.49
Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow - $9.99 from $16.99
The Manchurian Candidate - $9.99 from $17.99

A Clockwork Orange - $10.99 from $13.95
Battle of the Bulge - $10.99 from $13.99
Out for Justice - $10.99 from $13.95
The Aviator - $10.99 from $13.95
The Searchers - $10.99 from $13.99
Under Siege 2 - Dark Territory - $10.99 from $13.95
Wyatt Earp - $10.99 from $13.95
American Psycho - $11.99 from $16.99
Reservoir Dogs (15th Anniversary) - $11.99 from $14.99
Saw - $11.99 from $15.99
The Shining - $11.99 from $13.99
Commando - $12.99 from $14.99
Courage Under Fire - $12.99 from $17.49
Pathfinder - $12.99 from $19.99
Predator - $12.99 from $15.49
Windtalkers - $12.99 from $18.49
Dirty Dancing (20th Anniversary Edition) - $14.95 from $17.99
House of 1000 Corpses - $14.95 from $16.99
King Of New York - $14.95 from $18.99
Saw II - $14.95 from $16.99
21 (+ BD Live) - $15.99 from $17.99
Across the Universe - $15.99 from $25.99
Die Hard 2 - Die Harder - $15.99 from $20.49
Eragon - $15.99 from $23.99
Me, Myself & Irene - $15.99 from $25.99
Prom Night (Unrated + BD Live) - $15.99 from $25.99
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - $15.99 from $27.95 (Pre-order 12/16)
Vantage Point (+ BD Live) - $15.99 from $24.99
Wall Street - $15.99 from $24.99

Alien vs. Predator - $16.99 from $19.95
Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem (Extreme Unrated Set + Digital Copy) - $16.99 from $25.99
Bee Movie - $16.99 from $26.99
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - $16.99 from $19.95
Cloverfield - $16.99 from $19.99
Hitman (+ Digital Copy) - $16.99 from $22.99
Independence Day - $16.99 from $19.95
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - $16.99 from $23.99
Kung Fu Panda - $16.99 from $19.99
Live Free or Die Hard - $16.99 from $24.49
Mr & Mrs Smith - $16.99 from $19.95
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium - $16.99 from $27.99
Mrs. Doubtfire - $16.99 from $27.99
Phone Booth - $16.99 from $24.49
Rambo - $16.99 from $22.99
Superbad (2-Disc Unrated Extended Edition) - $16.99 from $26.99
The Love Guru (Two-Disc Special Edition) + Digital Copy - $16.99 from $26.99
Black Mask - $17.95 from $19.99
Delta Farce - $17.95 from $19.99
Good Luck Chuck (Unrated) - $17.95 from $21.99
Lord of War - $17.95 from $19.99
Mad Men - Season One - $17.95 from $31.99
Rambo 1-3 Boxset - $17.95 from $24.99
Saw IV - $17.95 from $22.99
The Condemned - $17.95 from $19.99
The Eye [Blu-ray + Digital Copy] - $17.95 from $21.99
The Forbidden Kingdom (2-Disc Special Edition) - $17.95 from $24.99
Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns + Digital Copy - $17.95 from $26.49
Ultimate Avengers Collection - $17.95 from $22.99
War - $17.95 from $22.99
Weeds - Season Three - $17.95 from $23.99
Witless Protection - $17.95 from $22.99
Dan in Real Life - $19.95 from $23.99

Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Fourth Season - $53.95 from $62.99

Damn, I knew I should have waited to see if Amazon was going to PM Bestbuy's deal on Transformers but at the moment it is $20 so I just pulled the trigger and got it from Bestbuy for $13 shipped.
[quote name='StevenPF']Price drops pre Friday for BRDs are happening...slowly.

A couple recent Blu price drops that I'm in for:

Superbad: 16.99
Sunshine: 15.99
Seachers: 10.99

Look through the BRD list again as a couple bucks have been taken off here and there:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?bbn=172778011&rh=n:172778011,n:387547011[/QUOTE]

Too bad you don't have a Meijer near you today because Superbad is on sale for $9.99 for today only.

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought
Psych Season 1, House Season 3, Rambo 1-3 Blus, Crank Blu, Inside Man on Dvd
Wooo done most of my BF shopping... no lines...

Wow!!!

Items not yet shipped:
arrow_subordinate._V47081670_.gif
Shipping estimate: December 3, 2008
  • 1 of: The Forbidden Kingdom (2-Disc Special Edition) [Blu-ray]
    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
  • 1 of: Eragon [Blu-ray]
  • 1 of: The Simpsons Movie [Blu-ray]
  • 1 of: Norbit [Blu-ray]