The Unofficial CAG Bragging/Venting Forum for Amazon Customer Vote '08

luvmysegadc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CAG member encendido5 inspired me to create this forum and his original post can be found here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204387&highlight=amazon+customer+vote

Here members can share their experiences, good or bad, during Amazon's Customer Vote (http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/cv) for Nov. 26th- Dec. 4th (buying rounds 1-6 are 11/28-12/4; see calendar below). Anyone that has voted and are lucky enough to be chosen should start to receive email invites sometime today (so far, I am unlucky).

Good Luck, CAGers, and Happy Thanksgiving (and make it a safe one as well)!

One last thing
: Please let us know if you are winner whether or not you are an Amazon Prime member as well (I'm not a Prime member). I'm curious to find out how random it is.

UPDATE #1: It dawned on me that it would be best to create the same poll for each round of voting. It appears that I cannot edit the current poll and since its the holidays, I don't want to bother the MODs with a bunch of unnecessary questions. At least this way, there won't be confusion...I think:whistle2:k. So keep an eye out on this space for a link to the poll representing each round. In the meantime, consider the current poll posted above representing Round 1.

Vote for Round 2

Vote for Round 3

Vote for Round 4

Vote for Round 5

Vote for Round 6

UPDATE #2: Please PM me if you were able to get exactly what you wanted at the Amazon Customer's Vote price. I would like to post a sort of "Hall of Fame" here. Although I have notice some of you posting success within this forum, I would like a PM as a way of approval for posting your user name. Thanks.

UPDATE #3 (11/30/08): Due to the actions of an anonymous MOD I've decided to post my first blog, When multiple means of communication lead to none at all. Am I just throwing a little hissy fit?
:lol:Um, maybe.

Enjoy.

cv_calendar-of-events_no-header._V241158836_.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gfshurts']From Amazon.com:

Start looking for emails tomorrow, not today.[/quote]

Looks like they have mixed messages...

How This Works

Welcome to Amazon Customers Vote 2008, your chance to compete for our most ridiculous deals of the season. The products that get the most votes in each of six rounds will be offered at ridiculous deal prices, and the runners-up will also be offered at slightly smaller discounts. (But they'll still be sweet deals.)
  • Step 1: Vote.
    Browse our six rounds of great products, and vote for the ones you'd like to buy at an amazing discount.
  • Step 2: Check E-mail.
    Check your e-mail the day before each buying round to see if you've been randomly selected to participate in the race to buy.
  • Step 3: Go!
    If selected, make sure you come back and log-in early on race day. We will have many more participants than deals, so the race is on. Good luck!

[quote name='Over easy']I actually checked the homepage of the customer vote. Unfortunately, I was not chosen for the PS3 deals.[/QUOTE]

neither was i.

Are the other rounds up yet? I want the hdtv, but already have a PS3...plus i'm working on Black Friday...

NM: read calendar and feel; like retard...

I'm in like flint. Even at that price I'm hesitant to buy a PS3 though, I already can't keep up between my other systems, and just built a new pc. I can't imagine it'd get enough use to justify the cost.

Even if you have a fully built system. A 200 dollar Blu-Ray player is cool too ya know. Congrats contej85.

[quote name='lunatic1']Even if you have a fully built system. A 200 dollar Blu-Ray player is cool too ya know. Congrats contej85.[/QUOTE]

That's a valid point, I suppose it'd give me a reason to get back on the netflix.

I got in for the PS3 bundle. I know it's still a race, but I hope it's NOTHING like the first year where their servers crashed. I have been wanting a ps3 for a long time, so I will definitely be trying for this. I won't be upset if I lose out, though. Good luck to anyone else who got invited.

The only thing I want is the KitchenAid. I wouldn't have minded the PS3 bundle since it is so cheap. But I don't really care about that.

[quote name='contej85']I'm in like flint. Even at that price I'm hesitant to buy a PS3 though, I already can't keep up between my other systems, and just built a new pc. I can't imagine it'd get enough use to justify the cost.[/quote]

You could buy it and I am sure an established trader on here would buy it off you for a few extra bucks. That or dare I say ebay?

I've been reading this site for a long time but never posted... figured this would be a great way to kick it off.

I got in for a PS3!

Here's to hoping amazon doesn't crash again and that my computer is fast enough to click 'checkout' in time. Does anyone have any idea how many people have been selected to "race"?

Nothing for me.

Remember the fine print...if you get in, you can buy all of the deals....that would be three PS3's for cheap....

TBW

Keep in mind:
  • If selected, you may choose to purchase any or all of the items for that round, not just the product you voted for, as long as supplies are available.

If any1 gets the opportunity to buy in their e-mail and decides against it, please PM me, I'll be happy to pay for it immediately, certainly something could be arranged for the favor as well. Thanks!

i fucking hate this shit.. they didnt choose mine and im shut out.. would have been a MAJOR deal for a Ps3 for $199!!!!!!!!!!!! curse you amazon and your amazing deal..

I was chosen, and the $199.99 PS3 deal was the one i wanted, but i'm worried i won't get the item...how likely is it that i will actually get to buy the PS3?

EDIT: Not a prime member btw.

Got selected for deal 1, but the Family Bundle sold out while I was "in line". The other 2 bundles are more than I want to spend.

Did not get selected for deal 2. Still hopeful for the laptop and considering the TV, although that is a lot of money, even at the sale price.

Question for those people who won: at what time did you guys log in the following day to get into the race? Does the e-mail tell you when to log on or?

I'm really hoping I win in round 3. The Sony Blu-Ray DVD player was my top choice followed by the PS 3 bundle.

Am I the only one who thinks that the PS3 deals were about the good ones this in this year's lineup?

I voted for the Flip Video camera for Round 4. For $49, I'll grab one. Although, I think IO or someone said Blockbuster had one on clearance for about that.

[quote name='Rafael122']Question for those people who won: at what time did you guys log in the following day to get into the race? Does the e-mail tell you when to log on or?

I'm really hoping I win in round 3. The Sony Blu-Ray DVD player was my top choice followed by the PS 3 bundle.[/quote]

Well I didn't win. Oh well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Am I the only one who thinks that the PS3 deals were about the good ones this in this year's lineup?

I voted for the Flip Video camera for Round 4. For $49, I'll grab one. Although, I think IO or someone said Blockbuster had one on clearance for about that.[/quote]
The Kitchen Aid mixer is an outrageous deal if you're in the market for the item.

No dice here for the first three deals... I'm crossing my fingers in that it's saving all my luck for the mixer, cause I need that one REALLY badly (moving out on my own in February + love to cook). Have myself, brother and boyfriend all in to try and snag me one. ;_;

I feel kinda guilty. Tons of people didn't get in for anything, but I got the ps3 deal, and made my girlfriend vote, and now she got in for the EEC laptop, so I have the option to pick that up too. I'm tempted. but I have a laptop, and just built a pc, and spent a ton otherwise on Friday deals, so I have to mull it over. Wallet am hurting.

I got in for the EeePC. Anyone get in for the Ps3 and want to swap? I just found out I'm getting a laptop for Christmas... D'oh!

PM me, if not I'll likely let it fall to the wayside.

bread's done
Back