Logitech Wireless problems on the new PS2

bmulligan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I love my first cordless action controller. Never had any problems until I bought the second for my new model PS2 SCPH-70012. Each controller will work fine when only one is plugged into the player 1 port. When plugging in the second, the receiver will seek the controller, the led turns off and it will respond to button presses, yet it is not recognized in any 2 player game as being plugged in.

Since both controllers work fine used in the one player slot I know they both are fully functional ocntrollers. I can't imagine this is an isolated incident. Please, please tell me I'm not alone !! Then tell me how to get them to work, please!!

Is there a button on the reciever? I think you use that to set one controller to one reciever by pressing the start button after pressing the button on the reciever. See if that works.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Is there a button on the reciever? I think you use that to set one controller to one reciever by pressing the start button after pressing the button on the reciever. See if that works.[/quote]

Exactly, I know someone that had the same problem. Just press the receiver button on the receivers.

did that. I even switched receivers, pressed the mode buttons to 'rescan' for operable controllers, and tried the re-calibration method.

THe funny thing is that both receivers work and respond to button presses from their respective controllers. It's just that controller #2 isn't recognized by any game as being plugged in, even though the receiver seems to be functioning fine by lighting every time a button is pressed by controller #2.

I'm at my wits end and logitech doesn't seem to have a support email to contact, only the stupid forums and FAQ's, which suck.

thanks but the link says I'm logged on as you, though. Afte I try to log in on the next page, I can't find that question submission anymore.

I found this post on their forums:

I talked with tech support. Several controllers should be no problem, Each has there own code. If you look on the bottoms the trans and Reciever has matching serials.
I was able to finally get the proper transmitter working with the correct reciever.
Try this: With the receiver flashing, press and hold the reciever button for 10 seconds, then press and hold the mode, R-1, & L-1buttons at the same time for several seconds, after releasing press the mode again, it should start working.

The bad news is that I have had to do this each time to get the second controller to work, I power the ps2 with 1 reciever inserted then get it to connect. Next I plug in the second reciever which won't connect and the above steps worked. I did try a few times for each restart but have been successful each time so far.

Troy

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']I found this post on their forums:

I talked with tech support. Several controllers should be no problem, Each has there own code. If you look on the bottoms the trans and Reciever has matching serials.
I was able to finally get the proper transmitter working with the correct reciever.
Try this: With the receiver flashing, press and hold the reciever button for 10 seconds, then press and hold the mode, R-1, & L-1buttons at the same time for several seconds, after releasing press the mode again, it should start working.

The bad news is that I have had to do this each time to get the second controller to work, I power the ps2 with 1 reciever inserted then get it to connect. Next I plug in the second reciever which won't connect and the above steps worked. I did try a few times for each restart but have been successful each time so far.

Troy[/quote]

Thanks, I'll give it a try. That's a pretty convoluted way to get things going, though. They could at least document this. We can't be the only ones with multiple wireless controllers for the PS2, could we ?

Thanks CrashSpyro for the info. Tried it about a dozen times to no avail. The receiver respons just like it's supposed to, just no recognition that a controller is in port #2.

Although I love my Wavebird cordless controller for my Gamecube, I didn't care at all for the Logitech I bought for my XBOX. The response just seemed a bit off to me. I ended up trading it away.

bread's done
Back