Target Unadvertised Black Friday Deals: Far Cry 2 (360) $30, Disney's Bolt $25 YMMV

psychobrawler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Stopped at Target trying to nab Dead Space for $30, and it was sold out. However, at least the store near me was offering both rain checks for later pick up, as well as some alternate games for the same discount. They had Far Cry 2 for $30, as well as a few other decent titles for half off or so in place of the sold out black Friday deals.

from when i worked at target back in the day it is the manager's discretion if they choose to throw a game out there as a replacement for the same price. Sometimes they choose wisely, sometimes they don't.

There were definitely some unwise choices. I was at the Jackson, MI store. Actually, Bolt was in place of Dead Space (very weird choice), and Far Cry 2 was in place of Halo 3. They had a couple more as well, but I don't recall what they were.

Nothing "instead of" at the Clarksville, TN location. But it's clear that Target sucks compares to the ones I'm used to.

I don't know if your Walmarts are the same as ours... but if you take the Target into Walmart, they will pricematch the price on the Target ad for the exact same game... I got all my PS3 and Wii games today that way... I just brought the Best Buy, Circuit City and Target ads in with me!! No more waiting in lines for me, LOL!! Just thought I would suggest it... hopefully your Walmart participates in pricematching as well.

[quote name='butterflykisses']I don't know if your Walmarts are the same as ours... but if you take the Target into Walmart, they will pricematch the price on the Target ad for the exact same game... I got all my PS3 and Wii games today that way... I just brought the Best Buy, Circuit City and Target ads in with me!! No more waiting in lines for me, LOL!! Just thought I would suggest it... hopefully your Walmart participates in pricematching as well.[/QUOTE]

That was my plan at Walmart this morning as well but got shot down with "We don't price match today".

None of the Target's I stopped at (north metro Twin Cities, MN) had this deal on Far Cry 2 but they were out of Dead Space.

really thats bizarre... I have pricematched at my Walmart for the past 5 years on Black Friday. Plus even on their TV commercial if you read the fine print, it says that they price match. Sorry you had to miss out :(

[quote name='angsto2']That was my plan at Walmart this morning as well but got shot down with "We don't price match today".

None of the Target's I stopped at (north metro Twin Cities, MN) had this deal on Far Cry 2 but they were out of Dead Space.[/quote]

Same happened at my Walmart.. Got shot down that we dont price match:bs:

Wow Far Cry 2 for $30.. I guess ill have to bite on that tomorrow if it is true

If you were shot down with price matches at Wal-Mart today I'd highly suggest that you call 1-800-WAL-MART and file a complaint with the store and if possible save a copy of the Target ad. Wal-Mart was very highly publicizing their pricematching of ALL ads today including doorbusters and Black Friday ads. Their corporate office should be able to make sure that you are able to get the prices of the games at your local store. In fact the Wal-Mart ad cover contained a message stating that they would price match today as well.

bread's done
Back