Borders HD-DVD Sale ($9.99 Boxsets)

Cloggerdude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
All credit for this find goes to kill3r7, who originally posted this deal in the HD-DVD Discussion thread.

Borders has almost all of their HD-DVDs on sale for $9.99. While a lot of these aren't that exciting for that price, if you keep on searching you will find some amazing deals.

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...mpid=e4-112708

For instance, I got all of these for $9.99 a piece:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heroes: Season 1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Season One[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Best of HD DVD, Vol. 1
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Planet Earth: The Complete Collection[/FONT]

I wanted to share this with the CAG community. I thought about just letting my order process to avoid possible cancellation, but this deal is just too good not to share with you guys. Hopefully it's not a price mistake, but we shall see.

Wow, great deal.

Also, only 2.98 to ship, not bad at all

Picked up Heroes, The Rundown, and The Kingdom for 31 shipped after tax w/free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys may want to pick up a copy of [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise[/FONT]. Even if you have no interest in the anime, it seems like it's going to be fairly collectible in the long run and might be worth picking up at that price.

Edit: Just found Freedom Vol. 1 too. It's listed as a DVD, but I'm pretty sure it is the HD-DVD/DVD hybrid. These are usually hard to find and expensive as well.

yea for 9.99 ill pick up planet earth.. since everyone is sooo impressed with it

ive never seen sopranos so dont know about that

Wow. That place makes me sick. The price on the Matrix HD box set is 109 dollars! Fry's was selling that for $20 before they ran out. I wish someone else would sell it that cheap since I missed out before. :(

[quote name='Cloggerdude']You guys may want to pick up a copy of [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise[/FONT]. Even if you have no interest in the anime, it seems like it's going to be fairly collectible in the long run and might be worth picking up at that price.
[/quote]

In for one.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']any chance of these getting lower?[/quote]

man you are really a cheap ass.... $10 bucks for a hd-dvd box set for a dead format is a STEAL compared to other sites I have been to.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']any chance of these getting lower?[/quote]

I'll go out on a limb and say I bet anything there will sellout before dropping more.

Funny... before I even saw the other recommendations here, I went back for Royal Space Force, Mahler Symphony No. 2, and the Best of HD DVD box set.

Wow, picked up both Sopranos sets and Battlestar Galactica for $28.88 shipped. All three showing as backordered, so hopefully it goes through. Thanks, OP.

I'll bite, but although listed as "usually ships within 24 hours" on the item page, seeing "Backorder" on my order for some. ; ;

For those of you not familiar with Wings of Honneamise, you will be amazed by it. Soooo glad to be able to get this cheap. Bonus is that it's packaged with both HD-DVD and standard DVD discs of it.

[quote name='coolsteel']What a time for my player to start acting up[/QUOTE]

Luckily I have 14 HD DVD players :cool:

I picked up two sets of the Royal Space, Freedom Vol 1, Sopranos Part I and Best of HD.

Everything else I already own.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Luckily I have 14 HD DVD players :cool:

I picked up two sets of the Royal Space, Freedom Vol 1, Sopranos Part I and Best of HD.

Everything else I already own.[/quote]

Good grief.

I only got that one spare that I bought from Kmart for 25 bucks.

with all these hd-dvd deals, i might get an hd-dvd player myself.

OT: what's the best deal for hd-dvd player right now? thanks.

Thanks a lot OP.
In for..

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Season One
Heroes: Season 1 [HD]
The Sopranos: Season Six, Part 1
The Sopranos: Season Six, Part 2
The Best of HD DVD, Vol. 1
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise

Unfortunately they are showing Backorder so they probably won't ever ship :(

[quote name='Nogib']I'll bite, but although listed as "usually ships within 24 hours" on the item page, seeing "Backorder" on my order for some. ; ;

For those of you not familiar with Wings of Honneamise, you will be amazed by it. Soooo glad to be able to get this cheap. Bonus is that it's packaged with both HD-DVD and standard DVD discs of it.[/QUOTE]

Yep...ordered Planet Earth which says ships in 24 hours and it says backordered on my email and order status screen. Guess I should have selected store pick up. :(

[quote name='guyver2077']yea for 9.99 ill pick up planet earth.. since everyone is sooo impressed with it

ive never seen sopranos so dont know about that[/QUOTE]

You'll love the cannibal monkey rumble . ;)

My wife and daughter certainly didn't .

[quote name='GizmoGC']Borders just canceled my "best of vol 1". Ugh.[/QUOTE]

How in the hell can they cancel something which shows ships in 24 hours? Great website Borders....unbelievable.

I picked up Sopranos Part 1 & 2 along with Battlestar Galactica for less than $30 with in-store pick up. I REALLY hope they don't cancel my order.

[quote name='KueMan10']I picked up Sopranos Part 1 & 2 along with Battlestar Galactica for less than $30 with in-store pick up. I REALLY hope they don't cancel my order.[/QUOTE]

When you selected in-store did the site indicate the store had this in-stock?

I only saw "online only". Since the Borders stores, largely don't stock HD DVD's anymore (at least not the stores I've visited), these get drop shipped directly from the video distributors to the customer. I work for a distributor, and this is usually what it means if it says "online only". May be different in this case-YMMV.

Remember you can get extra 4% cash back via Fatwallet. Enjoy!

[quote name='sarienanj']I only saw "online only". Since the Borders stores, largely don't stock HD DVD's anymore (at least not the stores I've visited), these get drop shipped directly from the video distributors to the customer. I work for a distributor, and this is usually what it means if it says "online only". May be different in this case-YMMV.

Remember you can get extra 4% cash back via Fatwallet. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

When I ordred Planet Earth, I received the option of in-store or having it delivered. It was even allowing me to pick a store near my zip code. I chose to have it delivered. Guess it will be cancelled. Oh well....

The in-store pickup means that rather than delivering it to your house, for the same amount of time it takes to ship it to your house, they can ship it to a store and make you pick it up.

I've tried to check out 5 times and it keeps giving me an error saying the feature is not available.

Ordered

Battlestar Galactica Season 1
Heroes Season 1
Best of HD-DVD Vol. 1
Planet Earth

for a total of $41.76 after tax and free shipping

BUT THEY ALL SAY BACKORDERED. Fairly sure this is gonna get cancelled.

Ordered Wings of Honneamise, Heroes Season 1, and Transformers. First two came up backordered, so we'll see what happens. :cry:

Wish they had Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, though... :D

Thanks, OP.

[quote name='Truone']I order Sopranos Season 6 parts 1 & 2... just got cancellation notice from Borders! No longer available.[/QUOTE]

How long did it take for them to cancel? I ordered Planet Earth a couple of hours ago and have not received a cancellation.

Hopefully these orders go through. No one seems to have Zodiac these days, and getting it for 10 bucks would be amazing.

bread's done
Back