Refurbished Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller and 20GB Hard Drive-39.99

Must be unsold stock from the deal where you get these for buying an Arcade. If you do have an Arcade, this is a great deal.

Thanks OP, Bought my son the Arcade bundle at walmart over the weekend. (Arcade + GH III for $199)

Anybody gt the 10% coupon code?

[quote name='dallow']My cousin bit on this deal on BF from CC.
They look absolutely brand new.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's on a purchase to purchase basis like gamefly or gamestop.

Not a bad deal though.

[quote name='whitereflection']The hard drive is also refurbished? I'm not sure it's worth the risk for a used/formerly defective hard drive.[/QUOTE]

These hard drives are not used correct? They were faulty from the get go and sent back to Microsoft for repair. No different then buying other items refurbished. I have an Onkyo receiver which I purchased as a refurb and it is one hell of a receiver. I would have no problem buying the pair if I needed them. You cannot beat the price. :)

Sorry for the delay, the 10% coupon I cant find, but i stole this deal from Sd.com SLickdeals.

Can someone link the coupon link, I'm busy with my sick 3 month old.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'm sure that's on a purchase to purchase basis like gamefly or gamestop.

Not a bad deal though.[/quote]They're refurbished, not used.

Just about every refurbished item I've ever bought (from Apple, MS, and Sony) has come in brand new condition. I would have never thought them to be refurbished.

I've had the Xbox 360 since launch...went through 7 defective systems, never had a problem with my lone, original hard drive. take that for what you will.

I will come out and say the controllers are top notch...I've had more than a dozen, and I'm still on the originals. As long as you don't make the mistake of dropping the controller on its bumper, there's not much you can really do to it to begin with.

This is a great deal for someone who is sure they will never need to upgrade their hard drive's capacity.

I'm tempted to jump on this. I have a console with no accessories whatsoever. If I got this I 'd just need the power and video cables. Anyone know where I can score those for a reasonable price?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Am I missing something? I don't see it in the link.[/QUOTE]

click on the first post, put item in cart, click on coupon, your item will be in cart, the discount should show up upon checkout.

op thanks a lot just came back from circuit city and the hard drive and controllers looks brand new and near mint condition.

[quote name='romodome']click on the first post, put item in cart, click on coupon, your item will be in cart, the discount should show up upon checkout.[/quote]

There's no coupon code to enter. I feel so dumb right now.

i couldn't get it to work until i signed into my account and tried....

for that price, i might get 2!

[quote name='strongpimphand']i couldn't get it to work until i signed into my account and tried....

for that price, i might get 2![/quote]

where is the coupon code even stated? This is bugging the crap out of me.

The coupon isn't working for me. I added the item to my cart, clicked the coupon link, and went all the way to the last step of checkout.

Is there something I'm missing here?

[quote name='Freshone']The coupon isn't working for me. I added the item to my cart, clicked the coupon link, and went all the way to the last step of checkout.

Is there something I'm missing here?[/QUOTE]

Cannot get it to work either and I have tried various things......

[quote name='kchiang']get them and sell the HD to gamestop to get $15 the controller will turn out to be like $18[/quote]?????

heh, I guess I'm holding my breath for that big $4 discount. Hope someone makes sense of the 10% coupon soon. I probably shouldn't bother and just hit the go button.

yall wanna know something funny?

i bought two and went to CC
it was chaotic there! no cashier at the customer service desk and some firedog person trying to ring up people in front of me. the manger or whatever was on the phone with HP desperately trying to help a customer.

so the firedog guy rang me up and went back to what he was doing. as he was walking away the cashier came up and i was like "what about my gift card?" she was like "I KNOW I WASN'T GONE FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES!!!!" and finally was like "i'll go ask the manager". the guy was still on the phone but he went ahead and had the firedog guy throw me the 24 dollar gift card!

so yep! this great deal + that

Word! I just grabbed this, without the coupon. I know it's refurbished but my HD is messed up on my 360 anyway... I have to power on and off about three to four times in order to get it to work!

Now, to figure out how to transfer my old game saves to a new HD!

[quote name='strongpimphand']yall wanna know something funny?

i bought two and went to CC
it was chaotic there! no cashier at the customer service desk and some firedog person trying to ring up people in front of me. the manger or whatever was on the phone with HP desperately trying to help a customer.

so the firedog guy rang me up and went back to what he was doing. as he was walking away the cashier came up and i was like "what about my gift card?" she was like "I KNOW I WASN'T GONE FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES!!!!" and finally was like "i'll go ask the manager". the guy was still on the phone but he went ahead and had the firedog guy throw me the 24 dollar gift card!

so yep! this great deal + that[/quote]

Wait, so you also scammed them out of a $24 dollar giftcard? I don't get it...

Damn, I just bought a 20gb off of ebay yesterday for my 2nd console. I would of sprung for the few more dollars on this deal for sure.

[quote name='RMThompson']Wait, so you also scammed them out of a $24 dollar giftcard? I don't get it...[/QUOTE]
.....gotta run!

anyone know how long this plus the 10% off last? I'm having touble getting my order to process...message says:
Error

Your credit card bank did not authorize your transaction.

Please verify the following before resubmitting:

1. Have you activated your credit card with your bank?
2. Did you enter the correct expiration date?
3. If required, Did you enter the correct card ID?

If you continue to have problems, please contact your credit card bank for assistance
it might have something to do with the 4 of the 9 charges that have appeared on my cc info (checked it online) the other 5 (not appeared yet) are all from Amazon with 2 of the 4 processed ones also being from Amazon lol

[quote name='rcavictor1956']These hard drives are not used correct? They were faulty from the get go and sent back to Microsoft for repair. No different then buying other items refurbished. I have an Onkyo receiver which I purchased as a refurb and it is one hell of a receiver. I would have no problem buying the pair if I needed them. You cannot beat the price. :)[/quote]

Yup.... I took the CC deal too... looks brand new with no scratches or anything...
hell, the controller I got with the HDD looks better than the controller that came with my Arcade that had little black marks on the back....
I'd buy it again just for the controller... but eh, 2 is enough for now.... :whistle2:|

[quote name='chrishicks']I know it's not a huge deal but that 10% off will not work for me at all. Oh well I guess.[/QUOTE]

As someone already posted...you have to click thru the link on slickdeals.net or else it will not work at all.

[quote name='rcavictor1956']As someone already posted...you have to click thru the link on slickdeals.net or else it will not work at all.[/QUOTE]

yep, I did that. I went to their site and did the clicks (they even had a post where it breaks it down to click this and then click this...) but for some reason my price never changes from the 42.xx price. I tried it a few times, I even went all the way to the final page where you submit the order and it never changed.

[quote name='chrishicks']yep, I did that. I went to their site and did the clicks (they even had a post where it breaks it down to click this and then click this...) but for some reason my price never changes from the 42.xx price. I tried it a few times, I even went all the way to the final page where you submit the order and it never changed.[/QUOTE]

Must be expired then...I had it in my cart yesterday to try it in case someone I know wanted it and it worked. Still a good deal without it. :)

Is there any good way of transfering saves from one HD to the other? I have needed a way to back up my saves for quite some time. If I could back them up from one HD to the other I would bite on this, I need a new controller anyways.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Is there any good way of transfering saves from one HD to the other?[/quote]

Well, you could transfer them to a memory card and then onto the new HD. You could get Microsoft's transfer cable (but using this w/ your xbox isn't going to do what you are describing, I think it's built to do a 1 time xfer from your old 20gig to a 120gig and deletes all data from the source drive).

Or you can read this tutorial on upgrading the harddrive. The part you want to focus on is the transfer of data from the old drive to the new. Clearly, you need a PC with SATA ports on the motherboard and a wilingness to tear into your HD chassis. If you're up for that then it sounds pretty easy to do.

Good luck.

I'm getting this so I can sell my old, noisy, twice RRoDed-and-replaced X360 and keep the old HD with all my saves on it.

I'm getting a new 60GB bundle on Monday with the Meijer 15% off deal and putting that at home and sending my 20GB Falcon I got in April for GTA IV to my g/f's to replace the one I'm selling, cuz it's much quieter.

[quote name='kellehair']I'm tempted to jump on this. I have a console with no accessories whatsoever. If I got this I 'd just need the power and video cables. Anyone know where I can score those for a reasonable price?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll be getting the power cable for a 'reasonable' price. Last I knew, they cost a ton.

[quote name='whitereflection']Yes, but all hard drives will eventually fail, and defective ones fail even quicker. Is there a way to salvage your game saves if that happens?[/QUOTE]

you are very misinformed, sir. no one refurbishes harddrives. they are replaced. the package itself is refurbished, as in the HD was replaced.

this is an awesome deal, even if you just keep the remote and sell the HD on ebay.

I must be stupid. I can't find the link on SlickDeals for the 10% anywhere, not in the Hot Deals area, not in the gaming forums, not anywhere!

Can someone link that page so I can get some sweet 10% off action?

bread's done
Back