* * * * * 1 votes

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

#31 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:51 AM

Awesome news. My only two things are I hope the stealth is optional or appears very little in the game, and that there's more exploration than the last game. There were too many gun battles in the first one.

#32 IcyColdBolt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

IcyColdBolt

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:13 AM

Awesome news. My only two things are I hope the stealth is optional or appears very little in the game, and that there's more exploration than the last game. There were too many gun battles in the first one.

Yeah, uncharted could had used a little more exploration, just in my opinion.

#33 H.Cornerstone   LaserCannonDethSentence CAGiversary!   2154 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

H.Cornerstone

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:32 AM

Anybody else play Uncharted then watch Indiana Jones 4 right afterwards, and was like "Wow, they need to make an Uncharted movie or an Indy game using the Uncharted engine"?

No, I did think though "Man, Indy should have just used the Uncharted storyline and it would have been ten times better" and "Uncharted was a much better Last Crusade sequel than KOFTCS!"

#34 ID2006   "Klaymen, up here!" CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:00 AM

This announcement has seriously made my day. To me, Uncharted is the most impressive game this generation and my second most loved game overall (right after PixelJunk Monsters).

I can't wait to see how things turn out. :D

#35 DarkKenpachi   Nupe 4 Life CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

DarkKenpachi

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:01 AM

1st day purchase for me. :) just gotta stack up as many best buy or e-rewards gamestop GCs as possible. (starting to save for another hdtv for next black friday already:))

#36 Vanigan   V.V.V.V.V. CAGiversary!   1171 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:26 AM

Was that the dagger from The Shadow?

Spoiler

Such daggers are actually a common (well, relatively) motif for ceremonial daggers of that culture and time period. Unfortunately, I forget which culture produced such daggers.

#37 bmachine   somewhat damaged CAGiversary!   5579 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:46 AM

Terribly excited by this news...the first Uncharted is the reason I bought a PS3.

#38 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:49 AM

Ooo, I'm happy for the sequel, but a little nervous about the stealth stuff. :p

#39 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:50 AM

Uncharted was the first PS3 game I ever bought. Even though I had it since August of last year. I will buy this, definitely.

#40 Mana Knight   Cloud Strife CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

I think some stealth could be done well. By the way Uncharted was like IMO, stealth should work for it (like let's say Drake is trying to sneak somewhere, and he has to quietly take out the enemies).

In a way the first had stealth because I had to put an enemy in a headlock and kill him (without alerting other enemies.

#41 ducttapeBigSexy   I love soda! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

ducttapeBigSexy

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

Uncharted, imo, was Tomb Raider and Gears of War combined into one game... which was awesome! And now they're making a sequel? Yeah, this may be a game to buy the day it's released!

#42 Maklershed   Feed me a stray cat CAGiversary!   34088 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

This will currently be my most wanted game in 2009 (first Uncharted was so great).

Ditto and ditto. :whee:

#43 bmachine   somewhat damaged CAGiversary!   5579 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:08 PM

Uncharted, imo, was Tomb Raider and Gears of War combined into one game... which was awesome! And now they're making a sequel? Yeah, this may be a game to buy the day it's released!

Tombs of War? ;)

#44 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14186 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

I'm excited...but not for stealth sections. I hate those.

#45 SyphonFilter   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   15 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

SyphonFilter

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

This will be awesome!

#46 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

The biggest difference between Drake's Fortune and almost every Tomb Raider game is that they focused only on one locale, whereas in Tomb Raider games, you went to various locations. This allowed them to make Drake's Fortune a better game because they had a single design for it. A jungle.

Now it seems like they're going to the Himalayas. I'm guessing for the 3rd one, they'll go to the Pyramids in the desert.

#47 OatmealMu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

OatmealMu

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

As long as the enemies don't constantly have a bead on my position, I'll be happy. A little tactical sneaking is welcome.

Also, I wonder if you can half-tuck a parka. Anyone?

#48 ducttapeBigSexy   I love soda! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

ducttapeBigSexy

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:14 PM

The biggest difference between Drake's Fortune and almost every Tomb Raider game is that they focused only on one locale, whereas in Tomb Raider games, you went to various locations. This allowed them to make Drake's Fortune a better game because they had a single design for it. A jungle.

True, but not entirely true - you did spend part of the game underground, going through an old castle, etc. In my mind, what really separated Uncharted from Tomb Raider was the story - by the end, I really cared about the characters and cared how the story played out. I especially liked how Drake would make random wise cracks throughout the game ("Wow, I'm really wet!")

I love the Tomb Raider games (well, 1, 2, Legend, Anniversary, and parts of Chronicles, at least), but I really don't remember much about the story in any of those games. But, at the same time, I would could almost argue that TR is in a bit of a different league - it's focus is more on exploration and puzzles. But, ether way, Underworld is at the top of my Christmas list this year :D

#49 dallow   By Kaz! CAGiversary!   30360 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

I'm thinking this game is going to take him to various locations around the world Broly.
Says it's about Marco Polo and his adventures, so we'll see.

#50 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:05 PM

I never beat a Tomb Raider game, let alone play much of any of them, but I always kinda figured Lara Croft to be a stuck up rich bitch.

#51 js1   Badassfully CAGiversary!   4263 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:59 PM

I think I'll have to try to re-buy this game. I need to get the trophies off of it anyway.

#52 Thomas96   I am Thomaticus! CAGiversary!   6078 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Thomas96

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:13 AM

there was a little bit (and I mean little bit) of steath action in the first Uncharted. There were about one or two sequences where you were given an opportunity to sneak around and stealth kill some people. If they're going to add anything, I'd like for them to add some more action vehicle sequences, like the beginning of Uncharted where you're on the boat.. that was very exciting. Or if they're going to add some more wide open areas, then nothing wrong with adding in a vehicle, or two. The water ski mission was superb in the original Uncharted [I forgot about that one]

#53 blackjaw   probably surfing CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:11 AM

Uncharted 2 is on my "look out for in 2009" list right behind Skate 2.

#54 bmachine   somewhat damaged CAGiversary!   5579 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:35 AM

The water ski mission was superb in the original Uncharted [I forgot about that one]

Oooh...I sense the potential for some amazing high-speed snowmobile shoot-outs in Uncharted 2!

#55 mf44   Whoops... CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

Hmm, so maybe the original will finally drop in price? It sounds worth it, but it's just so hard for me to spend $50 on a game that old.

#56 NamPaehc   !Anihc Ni Hsan CAGiversary!   4965 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:24 PM

Well people complained about to much combat before so I think any stealth stuff might be used to counter act that issue.

#57 Snake2715   Gotta Have Your Toys... CAGiversary!   8551 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:26 PM

Sweet deal here, A game to really look forward to. I loved the first one.

#58 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2415 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

I still have Uncharted and I've only played it for like 30 min, i really need to get back into that game! Fallout 3 has been taking up all my time though..

#59 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:33 AM

hmmm... i'm excited, but the trailer didn't look that great. I still think the game will be good. look forward to future news and trailers.

Yah, I agree. I've seen so many other trailers where some guy is walking through the snow and its impact is so much more heavy...

It was a teaser trailer... wtf are you talking about?

Well people complained about to much combat before so I think any stealth stuff might be used to counter act that issue.

Not really sure why there is so much dislike for the possibility of their being stealth parts. There has been a lot of games where they did stealth really poorly, but who is to say it is going to be like that? It could just be the regular style of game, but you have the option on sneaking past most of the enemies opposed to fighting them (MGS style)... I for one was hoping for some "stealth" style gameplay in uncharted 1, I wanted to take advantage of that sweet snap neck animation.

#60 dallow   By Kaz! CAGiversary!   30360 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Scans are up around the net.
Someone said http://www.n4g.com/