Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Greatest single player experience of all time.

And a multiplayer mode that is actually quite good.

That's all you need to know.

Old post:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200812/N08.1201.1525.24193.htm

Fancy yourself an Uncharted fan? Well you’re not going to want to miss our next cover (sequel!). We’ve got Uncharted 2: Among Thieves featuring 10 pages of world-exclusive details. Nathan Drake returns with a whole new adventure which revolves around the 13th century explorer Marco Polo and his voyages. The new PlayStation 3 title will add a free climbing mechanic and stealth gameplay. Players can also expect all-new locations, characters and a focus on the game’s story.

Can't wait!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43231.html

Couple stills from Gaf users:

http://i34.tinypic.com/15x8ldy.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/1z4lc7b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the trophies are as easy to get in the second.

But, really, the first was an outstanding title, and a sequel a welcome, but expected, gesture.

They'll probably be in a similar style myke.

What was really nice is the in game rewards for getting them. (and yes, i know the rewards were built in before the trophy patch)

That made me want to get more of them.

The subtitle is a bit of an odd one, but I'm guessing Among Thieves suggests that Nathan needs to assimilate himself into a group of enemies at some point, which would account for the mention of stealth gameplay.

Definitely looking forward to more details.

They'll drop that 2. Or at least I hope they do, because it doesn't sound right with that subtitle in there.

Anyway, that snow looks pretty freaking amazing. Like sand, really. But I wonder why Nate doesn't have like a jacket, or at least a long sleeve shirt. And why the jeans, too? Someone needs to send him to a store or something, because he needs a new wardrobe.

I like the idea of adding a sneaking mechanic if it works well. If you could have snuck around in the original Uncharted, it could have made it better. As far as free climbing goes...I can guess what they mean, but whether it actually works out that way is another story.

I am so excited, hopefully the stealth will be MGS 4 optional like, but I am so excited.

The 6th Indiana Jones movie! :)

But they really need to change the title. To something like Uncharted: Polo Fortune. :)

Want:

Split-screen co-op
Nate looks down the sights of his weapon when you aim with L1
Selectable/alternate fire modes
RPG
Horde/bot mode

I ask for a lot.

Awesome!! Uncharted is one of my favorite games this gen. I can't wait for number 2. :D

Anybody else play Uncharted then watch Indiana Jones 4 right afterwards, and was like "Wow, they need to make an Uncharted movie or an Indy game using the Uncharted engine"?

Yay, I didn't think they'd make another. That's good cause I loved the first (was a day one purchase) and I suggest this to be the same.

The trophies are easy to get in Uncharted 1?

hmmm... i'm excited, but the trailer didn't look that great. I still think the game will be good. look forward to future news and trailers.

Well I like the first one. Didn't think I would, wasn't hyped for it at all and it came as a pleasant surprise. If it just plays like the first I'll be happy, would like it to be a bit longer though. Just bring more of the same and it'll be a hit.

Uncharted is going to end up becoming a movie..

I like the fact that they're giving this game blockbuster treatment! It definitely deserves it.

I don't know if they can top the graphics from the first game but I hope they try. Uncharted is probably the best looking PS3 game and one of the top looking games this gen. Easy.

Was that the dagger from The Shadow?
2432.jpg

Awesome news. My only two things are I hope the stealth is optional or appears very little in the game, and that there's more exploration than the last game. There were too many gun battles in the first one.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Awesome news. My only two things are I hope the stealth is optional or appears very little in the game, and that there's more exploration than the last game. There were too many gun battles in the first one.[/quote]
Yeah, uncharted could had used a little more exploration, just in my opinion.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Anybody else play Uncharted then watch Indiana Jones 4 right afterwards, and was like "Wow, they need to make an Uncharted movie or an Indy game using the Uncharted engine"?[/quote]

No, I did think though "Man, Indy should have just used the Uncharted storyline and it would have been ten times better" and "Uncharted was a much better Last Crusade sequel than KOFTCS!"

This announcement has seriously made my day. To me, Uncharted is the most impressive game this generation and my second most loved game overall (right after PixelJunk Monsters).

I can't wait to see how things turn out. :D

1st day purchase for me. :) just gotta stack up as many best buy or e-rewards gamestop GCs as possible. (starting to save for another hdtv for next black friday already:))

[quote name='Nibi']Was that the dagger from The Shadow?
2432.jpg
[/quote]

Such daggers are actually a common (well, relatively) motif for ceremonial daggers of that culture and time period. Unfortunately, I forget which culture produced such daggers.

Uncharted was the first PS3 game I ever bought. Even though I had it since August of last year. I will buy this, definitely.

I think some stealth could be done well. By the way Uncharted was like IMO, stealth should work for it (like let's say Drake is trying to sneak somewhere, and he has to quietly take out the enemies).

In a way the first had stealth because I had to put an enemy in a headlock and kill him (without alerting other enemies.

Uncharted, imo, was Tomb Raider and Gears of War combined into one game... which was awesome! And now they're making a sequel? Yeah, this may be a game to buy the day it's released!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

This will currently be my most wanted game in 2009 (first Uncharted was so great).[/quote]

Ditto and ditto. :whee:

[quote name='ducttapeBigSexy']Uncharted, imo, was Tomb Raider and Gears of War combined into one game... which was awesome! And now they're making a sequel? Yeah, this may be a game to buy the day it's released![/quote]

Tombs of War? ;)

The biggest difference between Drake's Fortune and almost every Tomb Raider game is that they focused only on one locale, whereas in Tomb Raider games, you went to various locations. This allowed them to make Drake's Fortune a better game because they had a single design for it. A jungle.

Now it seems like they're going to the Himalayas. I'm guessing for the 3rd one, they'll go to the Pyramids in the desert.

As long as the enemies don't constantly have a bead on my position, I'll be happy. A little tactical sneaking is welcome.

Also, I wonder if you can half-tuck a parka. Anyone?

[quote name='KingBroly']The biggest difference between Drake's Fortune and almost every Tomb Raider game is that they focused only on one locale, whereas in Tomb Raider games, you went to various locations. This allowed them to make Drake's Fortune a better game because they had a single design for it. A jungle.[/quote]

True, but not entirely true - you did spend part of the game underground, going through an old castle, etc. In my mind, what really separated Uncharted from Tomb Raider was the story - by the end, I really cared about the characters and cared how the story played out. I especially liked how Drake would make random wise cracks throughout the game ("Wow, I'm really wet!")

I love the Tomb Raider games (well, 1, 2, Legend, Anniversary, and parts of Chronicles, at least), but I really don't remember much about the story in any of those games. But, at the same time, I would could almost argue that TR is in a bit of a different league - it's focus is more on exploration and puzzles. But, ether way, Underworld is at the top of my Christmas list this year :D

I'm thinking this game is going to take him to various locations around the world Broly.
Says it's about Marco Polo and his adventures, so we'll see.

bread's done
Back