Dark Sector (360/PS3 - Used) $10 with Free Shipping at GameFly - Now Live

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
GameFly will be featuring one or two titles every few days at a low price with free shipping. These deals will continue to appear until the week before Christmas.

Todays offer is:
:360:Dark Sector - $9.99
:ps3:Dark Sector - $9.99

GameFly's used games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition

Note: Newegg has the PS3 version for $10 new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I've been putting this game off while I waited for it to bottom out, looks like the bottom to me.

thanks cheapyd !
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Anyone have any opinions? Worth the $10? That's basically the price of a rental around here.[/quote]

It's decent, I'd say it was worth 10 bucks. Pretty good from a relatively no name developer. Story is OK, but the combat is what sells it.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Anyone have any opinions? Worth the $10? That's basically the price of a rental around here.[/quote]

try the demo, its an ok game and well worth $10 imo, BUT with so many damn games comming out on the cheap side i wouldnt go out of my way to get it

I got it from them for half the price last month (Xbox 360), well at least that will give people the chance to get the PS3 version for cheap

i loved this game.. picked up for new cheap as well.. handles like re4

ive owned already the first 3 games on the gamefly sales

Yeah, I recommend it, especially at $10. Although, as NJMane points out, Newegg is better at $10 new. (unlelss you have a Gamefly discount/coupon of course)

I know, I know. It's becoming so tough to get say no to these games at this price point. The good thing is, we'll be so busy over the next few months, we won't have time to spend much of anything.

Don't rule out Ebay. I was able to get a new, sealed copy of Dark Sector for $18, including shipping. Can't wait to play it for the glaive alone.

If you are looking for a good game for $10, you will be happy. If you are looking for a great $10 game, you will be disappointed.

God these deals are good. If they continue this $9.99 trend someone could fill out a collection really cheap.

I got it from newegg when it was 13$ and even tho i havent finish the game yet i dont regret the purchase at all.
It's a fun killing game, especially the aftertouch glave.
I'm still not tire of gently gliding my glave mid-flight towards the head of my foe and seeing it decapitated.
Hell i would go levels and levels without even shooting a single round because all i do is glave their asses, with the exception of bosses that is.
Which reminds me, their boss fights are pretty bad ass as well.

So yes, worth the 10$.

Glad to see Gamefly pumping out some sweet deals consistently so far, but i hope not too many tempting offers as i wont be able to handle them.

I think I'll pass today. I intend to get Dark Sector eventually, but there are so many deals right now and this crops up at 10 regularly.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Anyone have any opinions? Worth the $10? That's basically the price of a rental around here.[/QUOTE]

i remember i was inerested in this game when it first released, but due to poor reviews and a lackluster demo, i decided to turn it down. now, just a couple months ago i picked it up, and damn, it was one of my best plays this year. Nothing groundbreaking, but theres only one thing thing you need to know about this game. FUN.

call me crazy, i enjoy it better then gears 2, despite gears having better graphics, controls, story, etc, dark sector is just more fun :p

definately pick it up, i would buy it, if i already didnt own it! :p

[quote name='XFLOP20']I'm hoping for CoD4.Yes,I don't own it yet...[/QUOTE]

cod 4 will never hit 10 bucks, much less 20 for at least another year till cod modern warfare 2 comes out. the game is selling online for 40 bucks still, and most stores have it 60

Thnx, this is my style of game. Much better than the Condemned deal imo. Third person shooting and hacking in the same style as GoW and RE4 is awesome.

Im in for one on 360, simply because the PS3 version doesn't have trophies.

only problem with this game was that no one was online. this is even on xbox live... i went on and there were 1-2 games max on the servers... very hard to find a multiplayer game. maybe this deal will liven it up a bit :p

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Anyone have any opinions? Worth the $10? That's basically the price of a rental around here.[/QUOTE]

i paid about 39.99 for the game, whic was when it first came out. for 10 bucks it is a great game and to my surprise the online component was FUN. online one person plays the main character, with all special powers, and everyone else are regular enemies working to exterminate you. its one vs the group and everyone gets a turn

[quote name='jello44']It's decent, I'd say it was worth 10 bucks. Pretty good from a relatively no name developer. Story is OK, but the combat is what sells it.[/quote]

I bought it for $60 and played and beat it and it was not worth $60. $10 on the hand is definitely worth it. I don't see you getting more than 1 or 2 plays out of it, but after you get past the first four levels, it's a decent game. If I had bought it for $10 I would have kept it. That said, we've seen plenty of places offer this new for $10 over the past couple months...so... But yeah, if I hadn't played it already, I'd but it and be happy with it for $10.

And for PS3 folks this is an instance where the game is technically equal to the 360, so don't be afraid to get this on PS3 (which is what I played it on).

Heh, if I had to have guessed I would've said this title was going to be the one for sale today.These are probably some more predictable ones to go on sale:
The Darkness
Assassin's Creed
Viking
Stranglehold

I'm holding out for some possible unexpected drops like:
Turning Point
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man

I know they're not Game of the Year material, but for $10 I'd give em a try. Was really hoping for something like Mass Effect or Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom but all the deals so far have been multi-platform so I'm assuming they'll continue the trend.

I just tried ordering and I think I effed it up... I added it to my cart and then clicked "checkout" and it said thanks, blah blah blah... but the credit card info couldn't possibly be right since I used the PayPal plug-in last time and those are only good for a day or so. I wonder how this is going to play out...

It's worth $10. I played through it, and can recommend it for that price. Using the glave is pretty fun. It's like Gears of Krull..or...Krulls of War.

I'm gonna hold off on this one. This sale started off with a bang with RSV2 and cooled down with condmened 2 and now dark sector which is 10 almost everywehere or so it seems. Time to heat it back up bring on the ninja gaiden 2 deals gamefly!! Cause I just bought army of two and bully at meijers (two very likely titles to be next since they are multiplatform.)

This game is DEFINITELY worth $10. I loved the 360 version so much and expected so little when I bought it cheap. It is on the short list for one of my favorite hidden gems of the year. It's a shame it dropped to the bargain bin so fast--it really is an exceptional game.

[quote name='NegativeZero']why buy used for $10 when newegg has for $10 new?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is $10. The 360 version is $20.

game is actually pretty entertaining for the first several levels and worth $10 in spite of repetitiveness and flaws. with a little more time this could have easily been a triple A gears clone.

I wish I could jump on this but a low cash flow and the knowledge that I'll be able to find this game on the cheap later helped me decide that I'll wait and see if anything better, like the RSV2 deal, pops up in the future.

bread's done
Back